+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
In all these regulations I think our focus is to fly with the best value.
But let us acknowledge recent facts.
1. If you take a direct flight from India to Canada, it should be from Delhi because only IGI has the facility to do tests that are accepted by Canada.
If you have a domestic flight from your city to Delhi make sure you have a good layover to complete covid test requirements.
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/faq#rapid-pcr

Overall If someone already has booked tickets for AC, they should arrive early at the airport to do tests. My flight is on 2 Oct at 00:05, so I would try to do a test at 3 PM on 1 Oct.

2. For Indirect Route
You need Covid test results from a third country, basically where you have layovers. Some airports offer these services, so you need test results from them to enter Canada. Some of the examples are people who went to Canada via Mexico, Maldives and Serbia also.
This rule is because Canada does not trust Covid Test results from clinics and hospitals.
This means we have the same restrictions as a week ago, Canada allowed Air Canada and Air India (both direct) to operate and allow to board passengers with test results from a facility at the airport only.

Overall find the way which fits your budget.

Please share if you have more information about testing faculty at IGI airport, like how much time they take to give results? Do you wait outside or in some dedicated space while waiting for results. Please share a credible resource to find the best options.
In this link they claim it takes 4-6 hrs for results, please share if that is the case.
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/blog/delhi-airport-offers-special-packages-for-arrival-departure-passengers-at-india-s-first-airport-covid-lab
I tried my best and if you see an error please feel free to correct it.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In all these regulations I think our focus is to fly with the best value.
But let us acknowledge recent facts.
1. If you take a direct flight from India to Canada, it should be from Delhi because only IGI has the facility to do tests that are accepted by Canada.
If you have a domestic flight from your city to Delhi make sure you have a good layover to complete covid test requirements.
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/faq#rapid-pcr

Overall If someone already has booked tickets for AC, they should arrive early at the airport to do tests. My flight is on 2 Oct at 00:05, so I would try to do a test at 3 PM on 1 Oct.

2. For Indirect Route
You need Covid test results from a third country, basically where you have layovers. Some airports offer these services, so you need test results from them to enter Canada. Some of the examples are people who went to Canada via Mexico, Maldives and Serbia also.
This rule is because Canada does not trust Covid Test results from clinics and hospitals.
This means we have the same restrictions as a week ago, Canada allowed Air Canada and Air India (both direct) to operate and allow to board passengers with test results from a facility at the airport only.

Overall find the way which fits your budget.

Please share if you have more information about testing faculty at IGI airport, like how much time they take to give results? Do you wait outside or in some dedicated space while waiting for results. Please share a credible resource to find the best options.
In this link they claim it takes 4-6 hrs for results, please share if that is the case.
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/blog/delhi-airport-offers-special-packages-for-arrival-departure-passengers-at-india-s-first-airport-covid-lab
I tried my best and if you see an error please feel free to correct it.
On Test Booking portal I observed that there are 2 types of tests - RT-PCR (INR 500) & Rapid PCR (INR 3900). I think Rapid PCR results will be available in 4-6 hours & RT-PCR will probably take longer. I also need to know how much time will it take.

Another aspect for connecting flight will be that if it is not in same itinerary as international flight, then luggage allowance will be different.

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
On Test Booking portal I observed that there are 2 types of tests - RT-PCR (INR 500) & Rapid PCR (INR 3900). I think Rapid PCR results will be available in 4-6 hours & RT-PCR will probably take longer. I also need to know how much time will it take.

Another aspect for connecting flight will be that if it is not in same itinerary as international flight, then luggage allowance will be different.
We need more stats to conclude or call at the airport for both tests and the time they take for results. If somebody has gone through these tests please share.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Agreements are based on facts not racism. Yes there are a lot of people traveling between India to Canada which is why it was such a big issue that many were arriving with covid and some with fake proof of vaccination and fake tests. Some Indian labs were also not testing correctly or selling negative tests. Canada came up with a compromise with the airlines and Indian government to test at a certain lab in New Delhi and much closer to departure time. If there aren’t many problem or too many people testing positive for covid on arrival then there may be more cities where you can test within 18 hours of departure. There was an issue with many arriving from Morocco and testing positive for covid so Canada also stopped flights from Morocco.
No, rules were definitely not based on racism, comments of that individual were.

I think we should all avoid discussion on those comments.

Sep 11, 2021
If few people made fake COVID test that does not mean that every test being done in India is fake.

Don't forget how much contribution Indians are making to Canadian economy and that is the reason Canadian government is issuing Students visas to Indians.

Above comment is showing your racist mentality.

If this ban has really something to do with number of COVID cases then its better that you check how many cases USA is reporting everyday.
How is it racist when the facts are clear Indians are bringing fake COVID tests to travel? They are on the list of restricted countries with Morocco due to their inability to be trusted. India was part of the general international travel restrictions until the facts on the ground showed flights from India were coming with so many positive COVID cases. Again, as an Indo-Canadian, I have realized the pride Indians get when they skirt the system and they think they're above the law by finding loopholes to find fake COVID tests to travel. The fact is, Canada does not trust Indians to provide reliable COVID tests prior to travel and this new travel scheme through Delhi is a perfect compromise. If you want to travel to Canada, by all means get vaccinated and take the test at Delhi to travel. If you go through a third country, get a test from that country and then board the flight with a negative result from that third country. Travelling to Canada is NOT a right, it is a privilege. And frankly, sure you pay inflated tuition prices to subsidize our domestic students but you have the opportunity to go to the US, Australia or New Zealand too. Don't agree with the rules, don't come here. These restrictions are completely valid and 100% supported by the public in Canada.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Again I'm not sure what these inane arguments are supposed to solve other than pissing everyone off and drowning out useful information. Can we stop please?! This is NOT a politics or a health policy discussion forum. Please keep your opinions on those matters to yourselves or discuss them elsewhere.

You can see the rules infront of you. There's no point discussing about why they came to be. They are not restrictive, and can be got around if you put in a little effort. I came to Canada with zero problems.

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
So my mother is double vaccinated and lives in Mumbai. With the ongoing restrictions I made this plan for her to come to Canada. Please let me know if this will work.

1) She goes to Dubai and stays with a family friend for 3-4 days. She has US visa so is eligible for VoA in UAE.
2) She gets an RT-PCR test done in Dubai just before she boards her flight to Canada.
3) She comes to Canada via a third city between Dubai and Montreal (Possibly Istanbul, Doha, London, Amsterdam, etc)

Is this plan feasible? Will she be allowed to board her flights with a Dubai RT-PCR even if she has an Indian passport?

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
So my mother is double vaccinated and lives in Mumbai. With the ongoing restrictions I made this plan for her to come to Canada. Please let me know if this will work.

1) She goes to Dubai and stays with a family friend for 3-4 days. She has US visa so is eligible for VoA in UAE.
2) She gets an RT-PCR test done in Dubai just before she boards her flight to Canada.
3) She comes to Canada via a third city between Dubai and Montreal (Possibly Istanbul, Doha, London, Amsterdam, etc)

Is this plan feasible? Will she be allowed to board her flights with a Dubai RT-PCR even if she has an Indian passport?
The current rules are for passengers from India, it has nothing to do with nationality or passport. A Canadian has to follow the same rules as an Indian.
Here the standard idea is Canada is not accepting test results from India, except Genestring. In your case, your mother is becoming a passenger from Dubai(not a transit case). This also means you should have two different tickets or PNR. Her test results from Dubai will be accepted.

lora111

Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys,
I wanted to know that if we land in Toronto in the evening and have a flight the next morning to a city in another province. Do we need a 14-day Quarantine plan for Toronto or the final destination?