+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
Hi all,

My Surrender Certificate has arrived. Here's my Surrender Certificate timeline:
Feb 1 - Drop off at Purolator
Feb 2 - Package received by Gill at BLS Brampton
Feb 6 - Email sent by info@blsindia-canada.com generating the airway bill and acknowledging of receiving the documents
Feb 7 - Email from brampton.p@blsinternational.net asking to confirm my mailing address
Feb 13 - Application got returned for entering incorrect parent's name (I entered it as it is in their passport) FYI, https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Surrender-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

Feb 13 - Drop off at Purolator for the 2nd time with the corrected documents
Feb 14 - Package received by Gill at BLS Brampton
Feb 15 - Airway bill and Package received acknowledgement email
Feb 22 - Processing at Consulate General (BLS Tracking)
Feb 22 - Application being processed (Consulate Tracking)
Feb 26 - Surrender Certificate has been granted and available for issuance (Consulate Tracking)
Feb 27 - Surrender Certificate has been printed (Consulate Tracking)
Feb 28 - Morning - In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (BLS Tracking)
Feb 28 - Afternoon - Ready for dispatch (BLS Tracking)
Feb 29 - Purolator delivered my package around 2:30 PM. My passport had 2 holes punched on the outside and in the first page with a 'Cancelled on account of holder voluntarily acquiring Canadian Citizenship' stamp on the next pages after each of them that followed, and a Surrender Certificate stapled to the last cover page detailing the reason from Consulate General, Toronto.

Thanks and Best of luck!!
What was the status in consulate tracking when BLS Tracking changed to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre". Mine is stuck in "Surrender Certificate has been printed" (consulate tracking) and "Processing at Consulate General" (BLS Tracking) for 4-5 days now

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What was the status in consulate tracking when BLS Tracking changed to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre". Mine is stuck in "Surrender Certificate has been printed" (consulate tracking) and "Processing at Consulate General" (BLS Tracking) for 4-5 days now
Certificate printed is the last status on consulate tracking. BLS is being lazy. Once they pick it up, in a day or two you should have it.

Reactions: trampoline2022

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Guys. I have mailed my Indian and Canadian passports to the BLS centre in Vancouver. It was delivered on March 4, 2024 (per the Purolator tracking). It has been a week (5 Business days), and we still have not received any update from BLS that they have received our application. How does this thing work? Do they email us, or does everything happen silently? Can anyone share their experience who have mailed to BLS centers?
@santreddy22 Any update on application?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hi People,

Me and my wife applied for surrender certificate and while applying, I asked for in-person pickup instead of courier drop off. Since a month ago the certificates are ready for pickup. I have already tried visiting the BLS center in Brampton twice but failed to even get in the office due to slowness they show in handing out the certificates. They almost take 25-30 min to hand out the certificates and because of that they can only serve 10 people max during 3-4.30PM time slot.

Due to our job schedules, we can not take off from the jobs to every time go the BLS office. So, if possible, I want to apply for the courier service for drop off. Is there an option to do so? I dont see any link on the BLS website, but I heard from someone that it is possible. Any one knows how?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi People,

Me and my wife applied for surrender certificate and while applying, I asked for in-person pickup instead of courier drop off. Since a month ago the certificates are ready for pickup. I have already tried visiting the BLS center in Brampton twice but failed to even get in the office due to slowness they show in handing out the certificates. They almost take 25-30 min to hand out the certificates and because of that they can only serve 10 people max during 3-4.30PM time slot.

Due to our job schedules, we can not take off from the jobs to every time go the BLS office. So, if possible, I want to apply for the courier service for drop off. Is there an option to do so? I dont see any link on the BLS website, but I heard from someone that it is possible. Any one knows how?
Try and call BLS at this number 647-846-4077 see if they can courier the SC and Passports at this stage

mammu.529

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Does anyone has an experience on surrendering the indian passport in india( Hyderabad)? How many days it will take to get surrendering certificate?