+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
If you are picking up on behalf of your spouse please take a authorization letter signed by the spouse along with the payment receipt and the copy of the spouse's ID(just a counter measure incase they do the drama regard spouse's ID)
Usually go there before an hour before so you are early in the queue
Grab a cuppa chai from Railway Chai House around the same plaza ;)
I will be dragging my wife as well for pickup. Won't take chance. Will try Chai as well :)

simuser7

Jan 23, 2023
Sharing my timeline for Indian passport surrender, hope it helps. Overall, was very quick & easy
Submitted my surrender certificate application - Feb 29th walkin at BLS Toronto
Was delivered home by Purolator on Mar 11

Reactions: forw.jane

gandhib

Jul 15, 2018
I've booked an appointment for passport surrender at BLS Brampton. I just noticed I've got my passport number wrong (instead of 8 I have it as 6) in my appointment scheduling page. What are my options:
  1. Would not matter as it is just one number error and all other details match
  2. Can I cancel appointment and immediately re-book (as of now there are no new appointment dates available)
  3. If I cancel, would that slot open up or they just take it away?
Really looking forward to some suggestion here, really nervous about this.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I've booked an appointment for passport surrender at BLS Brampton. I just noticed I've got my passport number wrong (instead of 8 I have it as 6) in my appointment scheduling page. What are my options:
  1. Would not matter as it is just one number error and all other details match
  2. Can I cancel appointment and immediately re-book (as of now there are no new appointment dates available)
  3. If I cancel, would that slot open up or they just take it away?
Really looking forward to some suggestion here, really nervous about this.
Naa dont worry... just go with the existing one...

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
Hey guys- do you still need to do the surrender of passport even if the passport has expired recently?
You should treat the surrender of your passport as "RENUNCIATION OF YOUR INDIAN CITIZENSHIP."
It has nothing to do with whether your passport is expired or active.

Adp1724

Jan 24, 2017
Do you guys know what is the SC processing time at Ottawa?
Walkin application and opted for Pickup at Ottawa BLS

Current tracking details:
Under Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to High Commission