+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys how can i surrender my indian passport without having Canadian passport in my hand because im thinking to apply for Canadian passport by mail which will take some time so meanwhile i can start the process to surrender my passport

asm314

Sep 7, 2021
I recently applied for surrender of Indian Passport without Canadian Passport. On checking with BLS they mentioned that if there is no Canadian Passport, you have to write a letter saying that you are in the process of the applying for a Canadian Passport and cannot produce it at this time. You would still like to proceed with the application. Just sign this letter and include it in your application. The Canadian Passport is optional for the surrender certificate but mandatory for the OCI application.

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I recently applied for surrender of Indian Passport without Canadian Passport. On checking with BLS they mentioned that if there is no Canadian Passport, you have to write a letter saying that you are in the process of the applying for a Canadian Passport and cannot produce it at this time. You would still like to proceed with the application. Just sign this letter and include it in your application. The Canadian Passport is optional for the surrender certificate but mandatory for the OCI application.
Thank you

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Did they give you timeframe how long the whole process will take? Did you do walk in or took appointment?

akhirti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Toronto
They said it would take 8-9 weeks
Anyone have access in doing a mail-in application for surrender certificate instead of booking appointment (bookings are far into the future)? For this, do I have to mail in the Canadian passport as well, or just the copy?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Anyone have access in doing a mail-in application for surrender certificate instead of booking appointment (bookings are far into the future)? For this, do I have to mail in the Canadian passport as well, or just the copy?
You have to mail in unfortunately- know friends who did it and they got the passport back.

Dr.Shreeram

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi,

I am seeing the following message while tracking the surrender certificate

Surrender Certificate has been granted and is available for issuance

please let me know if this means that it has been approved and I can receive it anytime now or is there still a long wait

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi,

please let me know if this means that it has been approved and I can receive it anytime now or is there still a long wait
I see the same message on mine - submitted it last Friday. It certainly means everything is done.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi,

Don't go to BLS till it says ready for collection :)

Wethewest

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hi All,

My surrender certificate was delivered to the Surrey center on July 22. Since then, I'm not able to track my application on the BLS website. My status on Passport India website tracking shows "Surrender Certificate application form has been submitted". Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to track on the BLS website?

G D Sh

Sep 22, 2022
Can anyone give me an updated timeline on how long it takes to get the surrender certificate from Toronto office? I need to travel to India and am wondering if I will have enough time to get surrender certificate and then get indian visa.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Can anyone give me an updated timeline on how long it takes to get the surrender certificate from Toronto office? I need to travel to India and am wondering if I will have enough time to get surrender certificate and then get indian visa.
You don't need to wait for the surrender certificate to get a visa. You can apply for both on the same day.