+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
There is no waiting time.
I mean, how long can i travel with my Canadian Passport without apply for "Surrender certificate"? I read that i can apply in India, so i would want to wait till i travel to India and make things easier than submitting here or in US.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I mean, how long can i travel with my Canadian Passport without apply for "Surrender certificate"? I read that i can apply in India, so i would want to wait till i travel to India and make things easier than submitting here or in US.
https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005#:~:text=4.,-Passport not surrendered&text=obtaining foreign passport-,Penalty of Rs.,travel not to exceed Rs.

Website says one thing but passport officials don't have any consistent behaviour about fines.

The processing time is 2-3 weeks in Canada, so if you not traveling to India urgently better do it here.

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Hi,
I paid courier charge as $62 separately for each application for a family of 3,
I don’t know…it is too much just for surrender procedure,
Still OCI application expenses are there.
Really wants to get rid of these struggles.

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi,
I paid courier charge as $62 separately for each application for a family of 3,
I don’t know…it is too much just for surrender procedure,
Still OCI application expenses are there.
Really wants to get rid of these struggles.
The fees for the surrender and OCI process is an outright cashgrab.
I can't imagine that processing these applications can be so expensive.

• Angry
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I have plan to visit BLS this week to apply for surrender certificate.

My Driving license is currently expired and have submitted request to renew the DL but have not received the new DL yet. So for Indian passport surrender, can i still use the expired DL ( having Canada address ) or Have to use the utility bill ?

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I have plan to visit BLS this week to apply for surrender certificate.

My Driving license is currently expired and have submitted request to renew the DL but have not received the new DL yet. So for Indian passport surrender, can i still use the expired DL ( having Canada address ) or Have to use the utility bill ?
I have received my DL (renewed) ; should be fine now.

Reactions: ThenT

fmmanzur

Mar 27, 2024
Hi All, I am looking to courier my documents to apply for surrender certificate.

It would be great to have your thoughts on my below questions:-
1. In the renunciation form For adults, do adults need to include their left hand thumb print or just a signature would suffice?

2. For postal services, which address do I mail the renunciation documents to, in Ontario GTA.

3. What would the Return courier fees, to send back processed application amount to in the Demand Draft/Money order ?

4. the BLS website does not have an online payment link for pick up

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All, I am looking to courier my documents to apply for surrender certificate.

It would be great to have your thoughts on my below questions:-
1. In the renunciation form For adults, do adults need to include their left hand thumb print or just a signature would suffice?

2. For postal services, which address do I mail the renunciation documents to, in Ontario GTA.

3. What would the Return courier fees, to send back processed application amount to in the Demand Draft/Money order ?

4. the BLS website does not have an online payment link for pick up
-Signature
-Brampton
-Call BLS to get you all details regarding the courier booking and charge the fee
-Call BLS

Last edited:

Can791

Dec 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I did send my passport surrender application to BLS via Purolator. purolator guy picked up my package on Friday and estimated date of delivery was on Monday. Purolator tracking status is still saying in transit since March 22. I called purolator and they said these packages delivered in bulk to BLS and don’t get scanned for delivery.
Now, I have called BLS and they’re saying they have not received my application. I’m concerned now since package has all my documents.
Has anyone encountered similar situation. Please help or advise. Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I did send my passport surrender application to BLS via Purolator. purolator guy picked up my package on Friday and estimated date of delivery was on Monday. Purolator tracking status is still saying in transit since March 22. I called purolator and they said these packages delivered in bulk to BLS and don’t get scanned for delivery.
Now, I have called BLS and they’re saying they have not received my application. I’m concerned now since package has all my documents.
Has anyone encountered similar situation. Please help or advise. Thank you
Wait till Mon it will get delivered else escalate with Purolator after that.

Jan 29, 2024
Hi everyone,
I have an appointment coming up for passport surrender at BLS Brampton this month.
Just wanted to check how is the recent experience from BLS Brampton for passport surrender.
I heard they are asking for 2 photos and what is the cost to take photos in BLS.
Also, how much they are charging for courier delivery?
Appreciate if you could share your experience.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have an appointment coming up for passport surrender at BLS Brampton this month.
Just wanted to check how is the recent experience from BLS Brampton for passport surrender.
I heard they are asking for 2 photos and what is the cost to take photos in BLS.
Also, how much they are charging for courier delivery?
Appreciate if you could share your experience.
Photo cost would be around $15

Last edited:
May 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am about to start my surrender and OCI applications I have few doubts,can someone please help

1. Can we apply for surrender and OCI together?
2. Is Canadian passport original mandatory for OCI application
3. Can we walk-in to bls even if we don't have appointment
Thanks in advance