20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Husband's surrender.

Submitted on Feb 14th in person at BLS Toronto. They made him pay for courier for drop off. No pickup available.
It showed as "under review at consulate" in the portal passport site from Feb 16th.
Status changed to "ready to be printed" on Feb 28th.
March 1st BLS tracking had purolator tracking ID
Purolator says delivery today - not received so far.

2 weeks plus a day to get to printed status.
2 days for Purloator delivery. Overall within 3 weeks.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I will give it a try. Even if I dont get the money back, there should be some accountability for these things. No value for peoples time and money which is frustrating.
Thanks for your suggestion.
have you got any response?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi everyone, can anyone confirm if all applicants need to be present for surrender of Indian passport? Especially in case of minors?

I'd like to go on a weekday, if possible not drag the wife and kid along. I'll be going to Brampton from London.
BLS have a daily quota for rejected photos. I would highly recommend the family going there together at one shot and get it out of the way.

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
have you got any response?
So just to give an update, I did receive the documents back in mail few days ago and it includes the bank draft I submitted for the application fee as well. So at least they had some decency to not take the fee. Its just courier fees and time lost at this stage so I feel like there wont be any other option for me other than just reapplying after getting my Canadian passport. I havent made any complaints since it wont go anywhere in my case now.

• Sad
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
So just to give an update, I did receive the documents back in mail few days ago and it includes the bank draft I submitted for the application fee as well. So at least they had some decency to not take the fee. Its just courier fees and time lost at this stage so I feel like there wont be any other option for me other than just reapplying after getting my Canadian passport. I havent made any complaints since it wont go anywhere in my case now.
i got all passports in the meantime, and will apply like a good boy they want me to be. punishment ke baad hee seekhte hain hum log not to test their frail processes...

Reactions: Sammy3

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi @RJP0191 , Sure, here's a Summary of our process:
-Surrendered Passports for family of 4, in-person @ BLS Brampton
- Filled the online forms for all 4 applicants
Documents Submitted:
1. Online Form Printout
- For Adults, pls sign in both spots on both pages​
- For children's forms, fingerprint on first page (below photo), and signature of both parents on page 2 in the signature box​
2. Print of Checklist (Pg1)
- Adults sign the checklist, and for children, both parents signature where it mention applicant's signature​
2. 1 photograph (2*2) - specs in the instructions
3. Original Indian Passport + photocopies of Bio Pages (first + last page) - Original Indian Passport will be retained
4. Copy of Citizenship Certificate (Front & Back) - Original Verified and returned on the spot
5. Copy of Passport (1 Bio Page) - Original Verified and returned on the spot
6. Copy of Driver's License as address proof. For children, pls submit any one parent's proof
7. Suggest to carry Originals + copy of COPR for all applicants - We weren't asked, but I have friends who were asked
8. Suggest to carry Originals + copy of Birth Certificate for children- We weren't asked, but I have friends who were asked
9. Fee Payment - at location by Debit or Cash (i seen people struggling with cash, as they insist on exact change)

** For documents 3 - 8 above, please remember to self-attest all photocopies . For kids , both parents to sign the copies.

Overall, it was a quick process. We had booked 4 appointments for 8.20. We reached the location (60 Gilligan Dr) 10 minutes before, and were allowed to enter. There was no queue, and the security informed that no walk-ins were allowed.
Overall we took around 20 minutes to complete the process for all 4 applicants. The staff were quick to verify and return all documents. We enquired about returning to pick-up the passport + SC, but were "gently" suggested to go for the Purolator drop-off.

Good Luck to everyone :)
thanks for sharing this. can we sign up for puralotor there or is it something that needs to be done in advance? also what are the charges?
secondly if i am correct we need to stick one photo on the form? if the photo is rejected, will the entire application be rejected?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hello for in-person process of passport surrender, has anyone experienced photo rejection? we have read that it is very common. so what happens then? do we need to go back after taking new appointment? our appointment is for next week at north york.

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
It's a shame that Indians have to surrender their Indian citizenship/passport upon acquiring a foreign citizenship. I've known many Indians over the decades and found them to be proud, loving and hardworking people. I can't understand why the Indian government/constitution doesn't allow multiple citizenships. It just makes no sense in this day and age. Perhaps one day the strong Indian diaspora will lobby to get rid of this unnecessary and archaic rule.

Reactions: twztedelegance

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
It's a shame that Indians have to surrender their Indian citizenship/passport upon acquiring a foreign citizenship. I've known many Indians over the decades and found them to be proud, loving and hardworking people. I can't understand why the Indian government/constitution doesn't allow multiple citizenships. It just makes no sense in this day and age. Perhaps one day the strong Indian diaspora will lobby to get rid of this unnecessary and archaic rule.

This isn't a uniquely Indian problem. China, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Singapore are also some countries that don't allow dual nationality.

Rawee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have surrendered my passport on March 08th as part of applying for OCI, when can I expect to receive the surrender certificate? will it be mailed out along with Indian passport ?

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
hello for in-person process of passport surrender, has anyone experienced photo rejection? we have read that it is very common. so what happens then? do we need to go back after taking new appointment? our appointment is for next week at north york.
It’s quite common that they reject photos clicked outside..
When you go for submission, tell them you need to photographs clicked. They will do that without a hitch, they will print it for you, which you can include with your application. You do not need to come and resubmit your application in this case

• Sad
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

wink

May 25, 2021
It’s quite common that they reject photos clicked outside..
When you go for submission, tell them you need to photographs clicked. They will do that without a hitch, they will print it for you, which you can include with your application. You do not need to come and resubmit your application in this case
Yes. Looks like this disease spread to winnipeg office as well. Photos they (BLS) tool looks horrible but still they are okay with that compared to nice photos from staples. My worry is this kind of behaviour/culture would spread to other services and elsewhere as well. I thought I escaped this sort of bullying and harassment when moved here, but alas I am wrong. Country is it's people after all. Spending few dollars more is not an issue, but the mindlessness is. I am scared how the life would be 10 years down the line.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Went to the Toronto BLS this morning for passport surrender. Waited for about two hours in the cold outside and didn't get a chance to get in. Here's something to know so you don't have to wait in queue like I did: if you are visiting this location, go with an appointment. And if you just cannot book one, stand in queue well before the 8am opening so that you are among the first five or seven walk-in's they do allow in. And to book an appointment for everything except OCI: select any option in the appointment booking drop-down list and you may see more slots available. But for an OCI appointment, you must select OCI in the drop-down list else you will be asked to join the queue outside.

Reactions: sumitbajaj07