+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Planning to go to BLS Brampton office for surrender ceritficate next week. Woudl liek to get photoxs clicke doutside as can't take my kid to office as he will be attending school. but seeing some stories related to photos above. Are outside photos not good or what ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Planning to go to BLS Brampton office for surrender ceritficate next week. Woudl liek to get photoxs clicke doutside as can't take my kid to office as he will be attending school. but seeing some stories related to photos above. Are outside photos not good or what ?
Don’t take the risk, go and get them clicked at BLS

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
hello for in-person process of passport surrender, has anyone experienced photo rejection? we have read that it is very common. so what happens then? do we need to go back after taking new appointment? our appointment is for next week at north york.
They rejected my photo clicked from staples, saying the shoulders need to be more visible. I asked them to provide two photos so one can be used for OCI. I showed the photo taken by BLS to staples and got my money back.

Reactions: eparker42

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can you show up there without photos and ask them to be clicked there? I'd rather do just that
Yes this is what we did at the time of Surrender process and asked BLS to click the photographs for us.
Once the documents were checked by the BLS agent at the counter, the photographs were clicked and BLS provided 2 photographs, which were handed over to the agent processing our application at the counter to include them in our respective applications.
When we did this process in Nov, BLS only required 1 photo per application and we retained the other photograph

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Hi, I submitted by surrender documents on 24Feb at Brampton BLS. Status still says under review in the passportindia website. Any idea on the timelines?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can you use the other for OCI?
Yes this what we did… but please check the latest # of photos required for the citizenship process. I am reading that they need 2 photos for surrender.
Hope someone who recently submitted there application can confirm
If only one photo is required for surrender you can use it for the OCI application, which is what we did.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I submitted by surrender documents on 24Feb at Brampton BLS. Status still says under review in the passportindia website. Any idea on the timelines?
It takes about a month or under to get the surrender process complete and receive your cancelled passport and surrender certificate in hand

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi all, do we need appointment with BLS for passport surrender process, or walkin? I am in lower mainland in BC, planning to go either Vancouver or Surrey

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
It's a scam. If you are a family of 3-4 individuals, rest assured at least one person's photo will be rejected. Don't waste your time and money outside, just ask them to click them and take everyone there.

The maths is very simple - if they reject an average of 50 photos everyday, the salary of at least 2 staff is recovered.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
They rejected my photo clicked from staples, saying the shoulders need to be more visible. I asked them to provide two photos so one can be used for OCI. I showed the photo taken by BLS to staples and got my money back.
thanks... so atleast there is the option to click photos there. i just dont want to be sent back and told to come with a new appointment. i had clicked my pics from shoppers for another visa and shoppers refused to refund the money. they said they only replace the photos but i didnt need new photos so wasted $30

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
It’s quite common that they reject photos clicked outside..
When you go for submission, tell them you need to photographs clicked. They will do that without a hitch, they will print it for you, which you can include with your application. You do not need to come and resubmit your application in this case
thanks, i hope that will be the option at the toronto bls. my only concern is if i dont carry photos and they have any issue with taking photos there, then i might be in trouble. also would you know how much they charge?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
for walk-in application, passport surrender total fees says CAD 129.40. is this inclusive of the courier charges for when the consulate will send the cancelled passport+surrender certificate? or is that additional?