abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
My application was delivered on Feb 17 to BLS. This is really unfair that they didnt update this information anywhere or give any announcement. Their application guidelines still says include a self declaration. ~$200 wasted because of their negligence.
completely understandable. i only had to suffer inconvenience n crying on my luck that my application was ready on 17th n not 16th when i first went there. but for you there's a financial impact just cos they didn't update it anywhere. they should at least have the decency to accept applications as per old rules if received by mail on 17th cos those were filled much earlier than the rule change.

Reactions: Sammy3

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Postal application sent to BLS on the 10th and delivered 02/13. was sent by them to the consulate on the 16th and been under review status since then.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Postal application sent to BLS on the 10th and delivered 02/13. was sent by them to the consulate on the 16th and been under review status since then.
Have you logged in check the status of the Surrender Certificate on this website: https://portal6.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
once you login, besides your ARN# you will find File#, Select that row and you will see a tab for Track Application Status below.
Check that is the status on it.
Once the Application Status says: Surrender Certificate has been printed, usually you will receive the passport/surrender certificate in a week's time

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
completely understandable. i only had to suffer inconvenience n crying on my luck that my application was ready on 17th n not 16th when i first went there. but for you there's a financial impact just cos they didn't update it anywhere. they should at least have the decency to accept applications as per old rules if received by mail on 17th cos those were filled much earlier than the rule change.
Yeah I understand they have rights to change the rule. But at minimum they should’ve notified everyone about this change. How can they expect people to know this rule change without announcing.
Anyways I am glad you didnt take the chance. Good luck.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas "the shayar"

The website says certificate printed today, would you think it will be a week for me to get it

Thanks
Arey hata sawan ki ghata :)

Should be delivered in a day or 2.. check on Purolator website with the Application# (CANTxxxx) as a reference see if tracking detail are popping up

Last edited:

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
Hi everyone, can anyone confirm if all applicants need to be present for surrender of Indian passport? Especially in case of minors?

I'd like to go on a weekday, if possible not drag the wife and kid along. I'll be going to Brampton from London.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone, can anyone confirm if all applicants need to be present for surrender of Indian passport? Especially in case of minors?

I'd like to go on a weekday, if possible not drag the wife and kid along. I'll be going to Brampton from London.
Family Not required
But if they find issues with your family’s photographs that it has to be retaken and suggest you to get them clicked at BLS then what will do ?