+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Hi guys, I need some help please.

If applying for Surrender Certificate over mail, can someone please guide on payment part. Is there any way to do the payment Online or it has to be only Demand Draft or Money Order ? It also says below that Return Courier Fees to be added in DD, I am confused would the total amount not be 129.40 ? How would I know how much courier fee to be added in DD ?

Postal Applications:
  1. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
  2. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi guys, I need some help please.

If applying for Surrender Certificate over mail, can someone please guide on payment part. Is there any way to do the payment Online or it has to be only Demand Draft or Money Order ? It also says below that Return Courier Fees to be added in DD, I am confused would the total amount not be 129.40 ? How would I know how much courier fee to be added in DD ?

Postal Applications:
  1. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
  2. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
1 ) Has to be a DD
2) Pay the courier fee online and so then you dont have to include any ff on the dd

Reactions: Koushani

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
1 ) Has to be a DD
2) Pay the courier fee online and so then you dont have to include any ff on the dd
Thank you seamarine. This helps will go with these 2 separate payments.

I have total 3 Indian Passports (2 expired). Are we supposed to return all of them or only the current valid one ? In the checklist it’s written Last Held, so I’d consider only the latest one. Would that be fine ? Hope so.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Thank you seamarine. This helps will go with these 2 separate payments.

I have total 3 Indian Passports (2 expired). Are we supposed to return all of them or only the current valid one ? In the checklist it’s written Last Held, so I’d consider only the latest one. Would that be fine ? Hope so.

Just current.

Reactions: Koushani

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
After oath ceremony and before I get citizenship certificate. If I want to travel internationally I can use Indian passport for upto 3 months however how will I return back to Canada (As PR card is cut into pieces) ? What document to use for entry?

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
After oath ceremony and before I get citizenship certificate. If I want to travel internationally I can use Indian passport for upto 3 months however how will I return back to Canada (As PR card is cut into pieces) ? What document to use for entry?
You need a canadian passport

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I wonder why did you even apply for citizenship when you want to travel on Indian passport?

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
You’d need at least Citizenship Certificate to come back to Canada with a CounterFoil Visa or something like that they call it. It’s a single entry visa Canada would stamp on your Indian passport if you can give enough proof that you’re a Canadian Citizen. For that you’d need the Cert at least.

ukgenie

Nov 21, 2017
CONFIRMED IN WRITING FROM CONSULATE - CANADIAN PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR SURRENDERING INDIAN PASSPORT.

Declaration that you don't have a Canadian pp, will not work.
Wish I had seen this earlier. I just visited Brampton BLS office today morning and got sent back saying they are not taking passport surrender applications without a canadian passport. I have to redo it all again :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Wish I had seen this earlier. I just visited Brampton BLS office today morning and got sent back saying they are not taking passport surrender applications without a canadian passport. I have to redo it all again :(
it is a completely illogical requirement (as per them we are not a foreign citizen till we have a foreign passport!).
it is unfortunate as they changed this requirement only recently.

Reactions: ukgenie

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
CONFIRMED IN WRITING FROM CONSULATE - CANADIAN PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR SURRENDERING INDIAN PASSPORT.

Declaration that you don't have a Canadian pp, will not work.
I am one of the unlucky ones. I dont have my Canadian passport yet so I included a self declaration as per the requirement. I saw today on the tracker that my application is returned due to not having Canadian passport. I did a postal application so will I get that application fee refunded?

• Sad
Reactions: eparker42

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
I am one of the unlucky ones. I dont have my Canadian passport yet so I included a self declaration as per the requirement. I saw today on the tracker that my application is returned due to not having Canadian passport. I did a postal application so will I get that application fee refunded?
as per BLS n CGI, no fee refund. that is why when the BLS girl offered to take my application (and take a chance) i refused.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
but when did you send it? the rule changed eff. 17Feb.