+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Need help from those who've recently submitted their surrender applications with non BLS photos that were accepted.

Do they ask for a date stamp and or studio name behind the photo.

And are they asking for 1 or 2 photos (in my last failed attempt they had mentioned 2).

Thank you.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
It’s quite common that they reject photos clicked outside..
When you go for submission, tell them you need to photographs clicked. They will do that without a hitch, they will print it for you, which you can include with your application. You do not need to come and resubmit your application in this case
My family situation is such that it's next to impossible to get all 4 members to spend hours driving to n waiting in BLS. So I have to take outside photos. This is so unfortunate that we all are feeling scared even when we're doing something so ordinary. Cos we know that we all could call prey to their money making schemes.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
thanks, i hope that will be the option at the toronto bls. my only concern is if i dont carry photos and they have any issue with taking photos there, then i might be in trouble. also would you know how much they charge?
Toronto location is far worse than Brampton one.
They will force you to go with courier option instead of picking up the surrender certificate and cancelled passport

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Toronto location is far worse than Brampton one.
They will force you to go with courier option instead of picking up the surrender certificate and cancelled passport
ive heard that.. unfortunately this was the only slots available. any idea what the charge for courier is? its not on the website

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
They rejected my photo clicked from staples, saying the shoulders need to be more visible. I asked them to provide two photos so one can be used for OCI. I showed the photo taken by BLS to staples and got my money back.
hey how much did they charge for photos? also for surrender process, they just need 1 photo and then 1 again for OCI?

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
hey how much did they charge for photos? also for surrender process, they just need 1 photo and then 1 again for OCI?
I think it was around 20$. When I applied for surrender certificate on Feb 9 only 1 photo was required but now I'm hearing they are asking two photos. For OCI 1 photo was required, you also need to scan this photo for OCI online submission as they didn't provide a digital copy.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
I think it was around 20$. When I applied for surrender certificate on Feb 9 only 1 photo was required but now I'm hearing they are asking two photos. For OCI 1 photo was required, you also need to scan this photo for OCI online submission as they didn't provide a digital copy.
thanks.. its so annoying that the details are unclear and the whole process is so sketchy. it's all trial and error at this point i guess

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
thanks.. any idea what the courier charges are?
Passport Fee: 119
ICWF Charge: 3
BLS Service Fee: 6.55
Courier Fee: 26.55
HST/GST : 4.3
Debit Card Fee: 0.70
Total: 160.10

They charge me total 181.10, so I think 21$ they charge for photo.

GTAIndian

Jul 24, 2022
For surrender done last week, I used one photo(pasted on the printed application). I also carried additional photo in case if they ask. But they didn't ask. One pasted on it was enough.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Passport Fee: 119
ICWF Charge: 3
BLS Service Fee: 6.55
Courier Fee: 26.55
HST/GST : 4.3
Debit Card Fee: 0.70
Total: 160.10

They charge me total 181.10, so I think 21$ they charge for photo.
I think photographs are for $15 at BLS and they would have charged $6 as an EP fee (in which they claim you will get notification by sms etc)

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
For surrender done last week, I used one photo(pasted on the printed application). I also carried additional photo in case if they ask. But they didn't ask. One pasted on it was enough.
did you have date stamp/studio name behind the photo?

i had my photo pasted, for which the girl made a face - why did you paste it, where is the date stamp, we need 2 photos..... this was 16feb.

am going mad even in anticipation of what is in store when i go to bls for surrender.

GTAIndian

Jul 24, 2022
did you have date stamp/studio name behind the photo?

i had my photo pasted, for which the girl made a face - why did you paste it, where is the date stamp, we need 2 photos..... this was 16feb.

am going mad even in anticipation of what is in store when i go to bls for surrender.
I had the date/studio stamp on the back of the photo. But since it was pasted, I don't think they have checked it. My recent Canadian passport had same photo. I carried additional copies of form as well considering the past experiences of forumers here.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!