+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

getr2

Oct 21, 2019
I have a similar case. Consulate General of India at SFO received my application on 7th October 2019. As of today, I dont have any clue about my PCC. They are not picking up the call. You are supposed to call between 2pm-430pm for miscellaneous services and it is going to their voicemail. this is my penultimate week for the PR application to be submitted. Will going to the consulate help?

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I have a similar case. Consulate General of India at SFO received my application on 7th October 2019. As of today, I dont have any clue about my PCC. They are not picking up the call. You are supposed to call between 2pm-430pm for miscellaneous services and it is going to their voicemail. this is my penultimate week for the PR application to be submitted. Will going to the consulate help?
Depends where you are. If it's not that expensive, I suggest flying and talk to top guys here and explain the situation. Get proofs that it's your last week to submit. All the best..

getr2

Oct 21, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply! appreciate it!
I am planning to go there this week. Do you know how to talk to the big guys as suggested by you? Do i need some kind of apointment?

Thanks!

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply! appreciate it!
I am planning to go there this week. Do you know how to talk to the big guys as suggested by you? Do i need some kind of apointment?

Thanks!
Hi, According to this official link, you have two options, decline the ITA and wait for next draw. If your score is cut-to-cut and you dont want to do that, then take a risk. That is --> according to the link, you need to prove that you made every effort to get the police clearance and still submit your Express Entry profile. Submit the following AFAIK
1. Land in SFO and get a letter stating that your Police clearance is in progress and will be delayed a bit due to XYZ reasons. I dont know any top people there but insist on meeting one, if possible. Upload this letter, if they give you one.

2. Upload flight tickets and Uber bills to and from consulate proving your efforts to follow up.

3. Attach initial money order receipt.

4. Attach the receipt given to you by the SFO consular office when you applied. If you did not get any receipt, ask them to issue one when you land in SFO. This should be easily possible I think.

5. Tracking number details and labels (for both to and from) the courier that you send the packages to SFO.

6. Dont forget a detailed letter of explanation and a promise to submit once you have it.

All the best. Sadly they called my wife (we applied in person) yesterday and said our verification will be delayed indefinitely as the verification now needs to happen in 2 cities in India. Very very astonished and sad to hear that statement. I thought we all are living in the internet age !

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
FYI, SFO consulate takes ~30 days to send the PCC. I suggest you also ask IRCC to extend your deadline with the relevant proof that you applied for your PCC.

When I applied last year, I managed to get hold of them over the phone and they told me it takes a month to process the PCC.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
"It takes a month" this has been stated on their website.My case was registered on Aug1, on Aug22, I got a call from them saying that they need to send it to India, but because of my other visa issues they found my clarification in their system so they issued me the PCC on the same day.But what if on August 22 I would come to know that it would take still one more month. so better to keep asking them through email @ misc.sf@mia.gov.in
Hi Parora, did you happen to get your PCC ?

getr2

Oct 21, 2019
Thanks everyone!
Since no one was picking up the call, I had prepared myself to travel to SFO, however just a day before I emailed Miss Seema Lal. I found her contact details in the officials list on the consulate general of india's website for SFO. She is the VC in the Miscellaneous department. And fortunately she replied saying that my document was ready to be dispatched. This was my 3rd week of application. I had sent the documents and passport on 5th October, it got received on 7th October, my document got ready on 21st October, got dispatched on 22nd and I received it on 23rd. I used express mail to send and receive.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Thanks everyone!
Since no one was picking up the call, I had prepared myself to travel to SFO, however just a day before I emailed Miss Seema Lal. I found her contact details in the officials list on the consulate general of india's website for SFO. She is the VC in the Miscellaneous department. And fortunately she replied saying that my document was ready to be dispatched. This was my 3rd week of application. I had sent the documents and passport on 5th October, it got received on 7th October, my document got ready on 21st October, got dispatched on 22nd and I received it on 23rd. I used express mail to send and receive.
One question here, what was your Regional Passport office, as in where was your passport issued in India ?

This is relevant due to this post : Stating that the RPO Needs to provide a clean chit.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-pcc-at-san-francisco-indian-consulate.40076/page-11#post-8257334

axeish

Aug 30, 2019
Please help me someone,

I applied for my PCC in August 5th. Around August 30th I was told that they need clearance from my passport office in Ranchi and it will be delayed. Today is Oct 25th and I still have not heard back from them. My deadline to submit my application was extended and I am afraid i will still not be able to send out my PCC.
I have tried calling them and also Email VC but I have not heard back from them yet.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Please help me someone,

I applied for my PCC in August 5th. Around August 30th I was told that they need clearance from my passport office in Ranchi and it will be delayed. Today is Oct 25th and I still have not heard back from them. My deadline to submit my application was extended and I am afraid i will still not be able to send out my PCC.
I have tried calling them and also Email VC but I have not heard back from them yet.
It takes up to 6-8 weeks once the application is referred to India. If you don't receive PCC by deadline you can either decline the invite or submit by providing all relevant documentation that you have tried your best to get PCC and it has been delayed due to administrative reasons.

axeish

Aug 30, 2019
It takes up to 6-8 weeks once the application is referred to India. If you don't receive PCC by deadline you can either decline the invite or submit by providing all relevant documentation that you have tried your best to get PCC and it has been delayed due to administrative reasons.
It has already been 8 weeks.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.

sudipmandal

Dec 24, 2019
Just for reference for people who are going to be applying PCC at SFO consulate
Applied for mine in person on Dec 9th 2019
Had all the documents filled up correctly, along with money order, originals and return envelope.
The person at counter verified the originals and the passports and returned them immediately
The cashier checked some records and said that the PCC will be available in a week. Note my passport was NOT issued in US, it was issued in India.

Got my PCC in mail on Dec 17th ( I live in Seattle, they mailed out the envelop on Dec 13th itself)

Overall very good experience, and much faster than expected service.