+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Just for reference for people who are going to be applying PCC at SFO consulate
Applied for mine in person on Dec 9th 2019
Had all the documents filled up correctly, along with money order, originals and return envelope.
The person at counter verified the originals and the passports and returned them immediately
The cashier checked some records and said that the PCC will be available in a week. Note my passport was NOT issued in US, it was issued in India.

Got my PCC in mail on Dec 17th ( I live in Seattle, they mailed out the envelop on Dec 13th itself)

Overall very good experience, and much faster than expected service.
Can you please tell what did your Indian PCC document had for reason? Mine says "for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada". Is this correct while applying/residing in US?

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Hi Guys, This is my experience about applying for India PCC from SFO consulate via Walkin.

Process is easy for Walkin I just visited today. Total time taken for me and my spouse was 15 minutes. Just bring the documents requested online ::
a. Self attested copy of USA driving license.
b. Self attested copy of the used pages of passport.
c. I-797 copy, self attested and other docs applicable to you. Do NOT forget to bring the originals.
d. A money order of $27 (as of today). Don't bother wasting time and money on Cashier check. Just walk-in to a neighborhood Walmart, pay $27 + $0.88 (88 cent commission) via a debit card and get yourself a money order in less than a minute. Just fill it up later at home with the details from the consulate website for the Payee name (First field on top). In the name field (middle one), fill YOUR full name. Leave the address blank. No one cared at the consulate.
e. You need two no.s 35mm x 35mm photos. One of them needs to be signed across as mentioned in application form. Just follow the instructions. Its a pain to get them in USA, But sorry guys, someone higher up thought this is what it should be and here we go...... same age old procedures and troubles.
f. I filled my US address in field 8(b) of the personal particulars form. Irrespective of what anyone says, what it asks you is for your current address. I never mentioned India address etc. as it is not written anywhere to do so. Since my current address is in US and not India, I filled USA address and police station. No one objected. I think SFO and other consulates should immediately get rid of this very confusing document. Is this because of the photo? Signing across a photo makes everything legal? Not sure....
g. AFAIK, there is no need to bring spouse along. Just carry her money order, her passport and her document bunch along with you. I dont think they care if two people have come or not. I may be wrong here since my wife came along. But I don't think she was needed. No signatures were taken anywhere inside the consulate.
h. They will ask you to collect in person after 30 days and told me there is no need to contact them and that they will NOT contact me by any means. They say, just walkin after 30 days. I did not ask if I can walkin at any time or is there a specific time. Sorry guys.
i. There is NO need for spouse to come on the collection day. I specifically asked them this point. Just bring the receipt they give you + passport.

Overall experience
i. Employees were a bit rude (atleast one). Dont even bother to wish or return back a wish. The security guard was awesome though. He even went to the extend to clearly explain why cell phones should be turned off in the consulate to someone who was breaking the rules (Dont want to post what he said, here).
ii. While almost all foreign countries give Police clearance certificate online, India consulate in US made this process unusually complicated. Process is as offline as it can be. Offline photos and visits. Really? I thought it is almost year 2020 !! Let alone online, why don't they even take payment via debit card? Please please please change all this this.... I hope the procedure changes completely, for good ASAP.
Can you please tell what did your Indian PCC document had for reason? Mine says "for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada". Is this correct while applying/residing in US?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Mine says the same. if you want to know if my PR was approved, All my documents are are verified and it is ready for PR. So I think the wordings on your PCC is correct.

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
Just got the ITA. Do you guys know how to get PCC from SFO Consulate. Is it open because of Covid? Can I go there in person or will I have to send everything by mail?

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/pcc-police-clearance-certificate/

this is procedure for applying. I am not sure if it is open because of Covid. You can go through this thread, you will get detaild instructions of how people applied. If you are far away from consulate, mailing is your easiest option. But it may take longer and you have to send in your passport. If you go in person, documents will be verified on the spot.
I know I went thru this, but on the home page of the website they say they are closed for in-person. I don't want to send my passport as I think it's risky.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Mine says the same. if you want to know if my PR was approved, All my documents are are verified and it is ready for PR. So I think the wordings on your PCC is correct.
Thank you. Did you have any difficulty getting the prof of funds letter? Chase bank is only giving me deposit account balance summary. It has everything that is a requirement other than the email and the full address of the bank? Any suggestions?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Thank you. Did you have any difficulty getting the prof of funds letter? Chase bank is only giving me deposit account balance summary. It has everything that is a requirement other than the email and the full address of the bank? Any suggestions?
Even I have chase bank account. In the summary it says 1 year average balance. I just got a local bank stamp on the summary. Some bankers stamp it. Some don't. Usually they do it. I had also attached 6 months bank statement and got stamp in it to.

In my gcms notes it says that $17000 proof of funds requirement satisfied.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Even I have chase bank account. In the summary it says 1 year average balance. I just got a local bank stamp on the summary. Some bankers stamp it. Some don't. Usually they do it. I had also attached 6 months bank statement and got stamp in it to.

In my gcms notes it says that $17000 proof of funds requirement satisfied.
Yeah mine is for 12 months as well. So it is okay to have just that deposit account balance summary for both my accounts? i will just get it stamped and attach last 6 months statements stamped as well. Was yours also missing the email address and the street address? mine says HWY237 and N1st St which are the intersections.
Also, that means there was no statement saying the client does not have any debt with this bank?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah mine is for 12 months as well. So it is okay to have just that deposit account balance summary for both my accounts? i will just get it stamped and attach last 6 months statements stamped as well. Was yours also missing the email address and the street address? mine says HWY237 and N1st St which are the intersections.
Also, that means there was no statement saying the client does not have any debt with this bank?
Yes, my bank statement was also missing email. The stamp had the name of the banker, his phone number(it might even be branch phone number) and branch Location address. Also at the time of getting this documents, I had 20k worth of credit card balance in Chase credit cards. So it doesn't matter.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Yes, my bank statement was also missing email. The stamp had the name of the banker, his phone number(it might even be branch phone number) and branch Location address. Also at the time of getting this documents, I had 20k worth of credit card balance in Chase credit cards. So it doesn't matter.
Thank you. it helps a lot.

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
Can someone please help me as to what address I should put in my Personal Particulars Form in 8a (Permanent Address) if my current Permanent Address is different than the one mentioned in my Passport? Should I still use the old address mentioned on the passport or my new Permanent Address ?

Does anyone knows if the Police actually goes and verifies the address ?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Use any address in India. I used my my parents address(which is different than the address on my passport). Make sure you have 2 neighbors details from that address. I literally got my PCC within 2 days(my passport was issued in India). One other person got it the same day in evening. So, I don't think that they go and verify it.

But they may do it. It's better to be safe then sorry.

cipher1729

Aug 17, 2020
FYI, I was able to get the PCC this month. I sent in the application by post July 24th and was able to get it back today. Last week i did i freak out a bit wondering if the embassy was actually closed and my passport was stuck somewhere, but someone did reply to me via email saying PCC current processing time is 15-20 business days

Timeline
Received: July 24, 2020
Got fedex return notification: Aug 14,2020
Got passport back: Aug 17,2020 (Seattle)