+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cant get my police clearance from china ...pleasssse hellp me

PH2017

May 15, 2017
Hi All,

I also need PCC from China, Shenzhen (lived there Feb-2011 to Feb-2012). I have been trying since two months but in vain. I would if someone can suggest:

1. Whom shall I approach? I tried with my friends in China but it didn't worked out, local police is looking for temporary accommodation registration which I do not have. i tried through multiple websites but no one has responded yet.

2. I need to submit my documents for ITA within 2 months, what kind of documents/evidence I shall put there? What are the official channels which CIC will consider.

Thanks in advance

PH2017

May 15, 2017
Just an update. Received my visa today even though i didn't include my chinese police cert. Therefore (depending on the vo also im sure ) if you show adequate enough evidence that you tried and include a cover letter then it is possible for the requirement to have the pcc is waived.
Hi Gary,

Can you advise, what kind of evidence/proof I can share with CIC? I left with limited time to submit China PCC and still no hope.

thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I also need PCC from China, Shenzhen (lived there Feb-2011 to Feb-2012). I have been trying since two months but in vain. I would if someone can suggest:

1. Whom shall I approach? I tried with my friends in China but it didn't worked out, local police is looking for temporary accommodation registration which I do not have. i tried through multiple websites but no one has responded yet.

2. I need to submit my documents for ITA within 2 months, what kind of documents/evidence I shall put there? What are the official channels which CIC will consider.

Thanks in advance
What do you mean you don't have the addresses of the temporary accommodation? You must had stayed somewhere in Shenzhen for that year. If you stayed in a hotel, you can baidu the address.

PH2017

May 15, 2017
What do you mean you don't have the addresses of the temporary accommodation? You must had stayed somewhere in Shenzhen for that year. If you stayed in a hotel, you can baidu the address.
Hi Steaky,

Thanks for reply. I stayed 6 Months in a hotel and 6 months in a rented apartment. Unfortunately, I did not keep the lease for apartment(as it is almost 6+ years old), and do not have any such evidence (though I have addresses).

But it seems (as per my friend in China), local police is seeking Temporary Accommodation Registration which is different from lease, this is some one page A4 paper size document which they issued when I took this flat for rent. In my memory I never got it (already checked everything).

Let me know if you have some suggestion.

regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Steaky,

Thanks for reply. I stayed 6 Months in a hotel and 6 months in a rented apartment. Unfortunately, I did not keep the lease for apartment(as it is almost 6+ years old), and do not have any such evidence (though I have addresses).

But it seems (as per my friend in China), local police is seeking Temporary Accommodation Registration which is different from lease, this is some one page A4 paper size document which they issued when I took this flat for rent. In my memory I never got it (already checked everything).

Let me know if you have some suggestion.

regards
Since you never applied and got the document, you will have to ask IRCC for an exemption and explain your situation.

Deekap

Jun 28, 2017
My husband is in a similar situation. He went to xiamen china on a business visa. We don't know how to get his pcc. We asked some of his friends in China but they are unable to help.

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Hi All,

so yea in the latest round of July, I was nominated but then came the requirement of PCC and the Red Dragon PCC problem arose. I stayed there in Shenzhen, China from August 2012 to February 2015, Ran my own business there rather it was a partnership, where in the foreign parent company was owned by my friend and I opened the foreign parent company 's representative office in China and was designated the chief representative there of.

First year ie Aug 2012 till Aug 2013, I was on multiple entry 1 year travel visa and then onwards on proper work visa. I couldnt find any reasonable agency, so I contacted a friend there in China, he will try and find it out for me. He asked me for my visa pics and Tan jia, the reciept with your address and photo you receive when you submit your rental agreement to the relevant police station. I Didnt retain it as i never knew it would be required and its been nearly 2.5 years since I left China though I do have my foreign employment permint and other docs. Anyway my friend will try to see what can be done but responses out here dont encourage me much as to my chances.

My question is what to do if all fails. I dont want to spend like US$ 700 to 1000 just to get PCC from China and that too with no surety. What sort of communication or evidence can I furnish to CIC that I was in China and despite my best efforts I could not get PCC from China?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

so yea in the latest round of July, I was nominated but then came the requirement of PCC and the Red Dragon PCC problem arose. I stayed there in Shenzhen, China from August 2012 to February 2015, Ran my own business there rather it was a partnership, where in the foreign parent company was owned by my friend and I opened the foreign parent company 's representative office in China and was designated the chief representative there of.

First year ie Aug 2012 till Aug 2013, I was on multiple entry 1 year travel visa and then onwards on proper work visa. I couldnt find any reasonable agency, so I contacted a friend there in China, he will try and find it out for me. He asked me for my visa pics and Tan jia, the reciept with your address and photo you receive when you submit your rental agreement to the relevant police station. I Didnt retain it as i never knew it would be required and its been nearly 2.5 years since I left China though I do have my foreign employment permint and other docs. Anyway my friend will try to see what can be done but responses out here dont encourage me much as to my chances.

My question is what to do if all fails. I dont want to spend like US$ 700 to 1000 just to get PCC from China and that too with no surety. What sort of communication or evidence can I furnish to CIC that I was in China and despite my best efforts I could not get PCC from China?
I was in similar situation. Because now i live in Macau, I went to do the PCC in person, but they only included the dates I was with working visa, not the year i was with a tourist visa. They only include dates with working/student visa.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband is in a similar situation. He went to xiamen china on a business visa. We don't know how to get his pcc. We asked some of his friends in China but they are unable to help.
They do not issue PCC for business visa.

2pac

Aug 7, 2017
Hi guys I'm in the same boat. I lived in China ( two cities) with my wife on student visa. First city from 2013 to June 2015; second city from June 2015 to January 2017. The pcc from the first city are ok, but the date on the second city pcc starts from January 2016 to January 2017. So there is a gap of 6 months, because we did our residence registration at the local police station on January 2016. I don't know how to handle this issue regarding my eAPR. I've tried to solve this problem but I can't. I'll really appreciate your help

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
So After half a month of running around, and contacting friends in China, it seems I have 2 options :

1) go by myself to China (to Shenzhen) and waste money and time and get it by myself
2) I contacted http://www.chinapoliceclearance.com/, they quoted me 700 USD and said it would take 20 to 25 days approx. But along with few other documents I will need to provide, Legalised POA and Passport. They weren't exactly clear about it. It seems POA need to be printed out signed and then needs to be attested by local Chinese consulate in India ( for my case). for Passport legalisation it seems we have to take photo copy of the relevant pages ( of visa and entry and exit stamp) and get it attested by local Chinese Consulate. Again am not clear wether it is what they mean by legalisation. Any fellow Indian or any other person who has taken this route enlighten me?

3) it seems that no matter which route I adopt, I will not get PCC for full duration of my stay in China ( ie 2.5 year) as first year was on L category Visitor visa.

So guys if you can shed some light about the format of POA ( does it need to be on a legal paper?) and on POA and Passport legalisation? it would be great. Further is it worth spending that money when you will get PCC for truncated duration only?

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
I finally went to Shenzhen in China, and finally got my PCC for full duration ( including for 1 year when I stayed in China on travel visa too). It was a very easy process, but they will ask for Tanjia ( Temporary Residence certificate for each year you lived in China), I had it for only 1 year and many dont retain it post leaving China.. initially they said they cannot issue me as I didnt have any Tanjia.. and I was like WTF? here are my visa and stamps, alien employment permits, Company certificate and all, the lady at counter was kind enough to talk to her boss and told me to fill up a form and then told me to come after 3 days.

On 3rd day, I was duly presented with the PCC for full duration I wanted that too at 0 cost( blinkblink) .. BUT, like anything in China, nothing is straight forward, it turns out the PCC presented will be in Chinese only and they wont entertain any request for english and chinese bi lingual PCC. So I had to rush to notary for translation and notarisation. They will take 1 week and charge CNY 125 for translation and notarisation and give 2 copies of it.

Again when I to collect the translation and notarisation, Again there was a twist, they wont return you the original PCC, and no amount of arguing would deter them. So I rushed to the Shenzhen Police Centre for foreigners in Zhuzulin, and asked for one more copy from the same lady showing her the photo on my phone and she printed out one more.. VOILA..

I know everyone can not do it but for me the cost of engaging these agencies and going there was same. So I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaMe879