+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cant get my police clearance from china ...pleasssse hellp me

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
Any idea how to get these waive? My first application to Canada got refused because they say it is not complete. I got my police certificate from the local police, but I lived in China 5 years. I have the first local police address report and the last ones, but i have a gap in the middle. I am travelling to china next week to try to get it, but my chances are low. Chinese police can be very stubborn.

I also have the problem that my no criminal report is for Shenzhen only (Where I live). The office in Canada says that my wife's (who is chinese) says no criminal record in all of china since the begging of time. My only says Shenzhen from the dates I have police registration.

Any idea how to explain to CIC that as a foreigner is impossible to get one from all of China?
I went to Shenzhen, China in September 2017 to get my PCC, now I stayed in Shenzhen for good 2.5 years (August 2012 to February 2015) and afcourse travelled a lot in China and out of it in between sometimes at a stretch for good 1 month. I had temporary registration issued in October 2012 thats it. But luckily I started a business there and had other docs like official represetative certificate and all. So when I reached the PCC issuing office in Zhuzulin in Shenzhen, they asked for for my temporary residence registration, since I had only 1 they were confused, then I showed my passport which had my first entry and last exit stamp,and other official docs. The lady at counter went to her senior and after 2 mins returned back and told me to collect my PCC for full duration I had asked for on 3rd day from that day. NOTE: PCC issued by them will be in chinese so you will have to get it notarised and translated which might take as much as a week in local notary office.

heoheo49

Dec 2, 2017
Hi, I'm so glad I found your post. I'm in the same situation and was in vain finding a way to get PCC for my time in Shenzhen. I worked in Shenzhen from May 2009 till Dec 2010 for a hotel. I always lived in the hotel where I worked. And I don't recall the hotel giving me any Residence Registration forms, which makes it impossible for me to use any agency now cos they all say without those documents it's impossible to get PCC. The hotel now issued a letter saying I stayed there for whole period, but no police stamps on it so it doesn't help. Lawandborder.com quoted me USD 900 just to try and will issue an explanation if it doesn't work. I find that too expensive...
I asked my friend (who is the ex-HR person of the hotel where I worked) to go to PSB and help me apply but her response is that they say they only issue PCC for Shanghai city, which is strange.

My application deadline is 3 Jan and I really was considering flying to China like yourself, yet currently I'm 8month pregnant and traveling is really not recommended...
I'm thinking maybe my friend didn't go to the right Police station to ask... Could you please let me know the address of the police office in Shenzhen you went to? I hope she can help me one more time to try...
Thanks for your advice.
TA

Dear all, just to update I didn’t fly back to China nor try to go via agent just to get a paper mentioning that Police record is unobtainable. I decided to write an explanation to attach with my application stating all the steps I took trying to obtain it but failed. I attached my emails to previous employer asking for help, my emails with 3 agents and their response how I would not be able to get it cos I don’t have registration letters etc.
It seems this works and after just 1 month of submitting my application I receive the passport request email. I think we’re ok to go now.
Good luck all!
TA

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I went to Shenzhen, China in September 2017 to get my PCC, now I stayed in Shenzhen for good 2.5 years (August 2012 to February 2015) and afcourse travelled a lot in China and out of it in between sometimes at a stretch for good 1 month. I had temporary registration issued in October 2012 thats it. But luckily I started a business there and had other docs like official represetative certificate and all. So when I reached the PCC issuing office in Zhuzulin in Shenzhen, they asked for for my temporary residence registration, since I had only 1 they were confused, then I showed my passport which had my first entry and last exit stamp,and other official docs. The lady at counter went to her senior and after 2 mins returned back and told me to collect my PCC for full duration I had asked for on 3rd day from that day. NOTE: PCC issued by them will be in chinese so you will have to get it notarised and translated which might take as much as a week in local notary office.
Hello
Want to know does English translation of certificate contains any stamp?

Dhpl

Dec 27, 2018
I used “Beijing expat service”. It took me about three weeks. First they tried to obtain the pcc covering my whole stay, then after failing to obtain it, they issued a letter of unobtainable certificate. I first contacted chodorow law office, but I didn’t choose them because they didn’t want to issue that letter on stamped paper with company letterhead.
How did your application go with LOE from Chinese agent?