FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
For example if during your whole stay in china, you spent two weeks or one month in Shanghai you don’t have to provide a Shanghai pcc
Thanks for your reply man. The thing is I am not sure if the PSB can issue me a PCC that covers the whole period of stay in one city, as now they ask for a letter from your employer or school, and the employer I was working with for the year of 2008 has shut down so I have no idea of what to do. Another problem is that the PSB will issue PCC only starting from date of my residence permit but not according to entry date ?

Has any one faced this problem? Please share your experience with PCC from China and let us know how did it go with your application.

2pac

Aug 7, 2017
The Chinese law states that the dates on the pcc are issued according to the accommodation registration at the local police station. So, did you register your accommodation? Which type of visa did you have ? Where did you live (which cities) ? How long did you stay in those cities ? After answering these questions I will be able to provide more help. I know what you feel man, it’s an awkward process in china. We are a ton in the same boat.

Reactions: katikaidi

katikaidi

Dec 18, 2017
china
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
The Chinese law states that the dates on the pcc are issued according to the accommodation registration at the local police station. So, did you register your accommodation? Which type of visa did you have ? Where did you live (which cities) ? How long did you stay in those cities ? After answering these questions I will be able to provide more help. I know what you feel man, it’s an awkward process in china. We are a ton in the same boat.
I was living in Changchun during that period, and once arrived I gave my passport to the employer and I am not sure if they did the accommodation registration, they didn't give any paper of that sort (it was an 11 months period). For the period when I was studing that wouldn't be a problem for me to get. I've read about a law firm in china that can assist in this but they're expensive so I am thinking about this.

2pac

Aug 7, 2017
I also went through a law firm to obtain a letter of unobtainable certificate, cause unfortunately I couldn’t get my pcc covering my whole stay in china. I’ve tried many ways and spent a lot of time trying to find a solution but none of them worked. You’re right it’s expensive but sometimes we don’t have another alternative. Good luck mate.

2pac

Aug 7, 2017
Ask to your employer if he did register your accommodation to the local police station. If he did, you’re good to go. You will just have to take that registration and go to the public notary office apply for your pcc.

katikaidi

Dec 18, 2017
china
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Ask to your employer if he did register your accommodation to the local police station. If he did, you’re good to go. You will just have to take that registration and go to the public notary office apply for your pcc.
Thank you for your reply. May I know which firm did you use to get you PCC? I am planning to go with Chodorow but I am not sure how effective are they. I am still waiting for their reply. How long did it take them to get your PCC?

2pac

Aug 7, 2017
I used “Beijing expat service”. It took me about three weeks. First they tried to obtain the pcc covering my whole stay, then after failing to obtain it, they issued a letter of unobtainable certificate. I first contacted chodorow law office, but I didn’t choose them because they didn’t want to issue that letter on stamped paper with company letterhead.

Reactions: katikaidi

katikaidi

Dec 18, 2017
china
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
I used “Beijing expat service”. It took me about three weeks. First they tried to obtain the pcc covering my whole stay, then after failing to obtain it, they issued a letter of unobtainable certificate. I first contacted chodorow law office, but I didn’t choose them because they didn’t want to issue that letter on stamped paper with company letterhead.
Thanks for the information man. I will try to confirm with them if they can stamp it for me on their letterhead, if not I will check with beijing expat, I've contacted them before. What's your progress in your application?

Shandi

Mar 3, 2018
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anybody knows how to get an email address for the public security bureau in Nanjing? I studied there for 6 years for the duration of my study in China and of course as you all know, Chinese are not big on emails, I requested my embassy to help me out in this process as I have no friends in China anymore as they´ve all graduated,so I asked them to assist me in getting this certificate,so I did this last year, LOOOOOOONNNGG before I got an ITA, last July in fact as I knew that getting a police clearance would be difficult especially with it needing to come from China( the land of impossibility) they called Nanjing PBS and was told I have to get these from my schools and then the notary office for aunthentication, after a long tedious process, 6 months later I got my certificates from my schools and am now being told that these will not be accepted and I have no email from Nanjing PBS backing up my request, only communication between my embassy and I.So in a panic, of course I called the public security bureau they told me that they do not offer this service to students and was directed to 3 other numbers before finally connecting to the Nanjing visa office who then told me that the notary office will have to help me with this certificate, I knew this already. I dug deep into the Nanjing PBS website, because I need to have emails, backing up my requests and finally found a ¨qq¨ email address for technical support, which of course has no indication that it is Nanjing PBS and have not gotten any response as yet, because again as you all know, China is not big on emails, everything is by phone or in person. SO PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR SUGGESTIONS I WOULD REALLLLLLLLLY APPRECIATE IT? Might I add, I paid so far nearly $700 for my embassy to help me out in this including the person in Nanjing who got these certificates for me. I am exhausted and really don´t want to have to pay more money again for this. Really desperate here, please help anyone!!!!!

katikaidi

Dec 18, 2017
china
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
I am exhausted and really don´t want to have to pay more money again for this. Really desperate here, please help anyone!!!!!
I think the best option is to contact a agent and authorise them to handle it for you. Finding a PSB email wouldn’t do you any good.

Apr 19, 2018
Hi there, I am already here in canada. What i did was,i just went to NBI for my finger printing then went to dfa for authentication and went to china embassy in manila. I was not able to get that certificate from china because they did not issue me. That pc thing made me sick really really sick. did you try to ask help from your friend there in china?I tried to ask 3 of my friends there but they were also helpless. did you work there?
Goodluck
Any idea how to get these waive? My first application to Canada got refused because they say it is not complete. I got my police certificate from the local police, but I lived in China 5 years. I have the first local police address report and the last ones, but i have a gap in the middle. I am travelling to china next week to try to get it, but my chances are low. Chinese police can be very stubborn.

I also have the problem that my no criminal report is for Shenzhen only (Where I live). The office in Canada says that my wife's (who is chinese) says no criminal record in all of china since the begging of time. My only says Shenzhen from the dates I have police registration.

Any idea how to explain to CIC that as a foreigner is impossible to get one from all of China?