+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & Compassionate

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
If you want you can try now to dial at their automatic call system, so that you can hear the status of your medical and etc.
hey took 13 months in total. In your case

I called automatic on line service
That told me you applied 23 August 2018
We received your medical 23 May ,we
Are not stated background check yet. We don't ask you finger print at this time maybe letter on.
Interview not required at this time . In case we need anything we will call you or send you letter.

That's what she said.
In total they took on your case 13 months in total?

Last edited:

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
hey took 13 months in total. In your case

I called automatic on line service
That told me you applied 23 August 2018
We received your medical 23 May ,we
Are not stated background check yet. We don't ask you finger print at this time maybe letter on.
Interview not required at this time . In case we need anything we will call you or send you letter.

That's what she said.
In total they took on your case 13 months in total?
Please reply my question

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Please reply my question
Each application is different! For me it took 13 months to receive the medical request before AIP , AIP took about 16 months. Call on Monday speck with an agent. When I called the agent ,she told me everything is done except criminality but over phone it says we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility. They don’t update frequently the automatic message so rather call.

Reactions: Bobby_786

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Each application is different! For me it took 13 months to receive the medical request before AIP , AIP took about 16 months. Call on Monday speck with an agent. When I called the agent ,she told me everything is done except criminality but over phone it says we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility. They don’t update frequently the automatic message so rather call.
Hi Alone
Brother I got medical in exactly in 9 months. What is AOR ?
According to automated they can't find my file.
But yesterday it was working.
I called agent he opened up bit more than automated call.
He said we received document the one ask.
Don't you think medical in 9 months is quite quick?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Alone brother I received medical in 9 months.
So you get AIP in 7 months.
Did you get AIP first or medical came with AIP
Please let me know . Like most people received in how many months. I know everyone has different causes

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
1888-242-2100 then try 3-2-2-0 to speck with an agent , other wise try the automatic message following the instructions. It will tell you exact status of your application. Best time to call around 10-11 am or 2-3 pm . It’s long waiting though but last time I dialed at 12:55pm and got the line at 1:25pm , if you can wait then this is the best time to call otherwise they always disconnect the call due to over phone calls.
Hi
Just check 5 days ago on automatic phone service and it was giving me my medical pass information. Now when I'm dialing & tapping my file number it says we don't have your record. But website showing my status. Could you please guide me what options do I have to tap after dialing?
Please help me out.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Just check 5 days ago on automatic phone service and it was giving me my medical pass information. Now when I'm dialing & tapping my file number it says we don't have your record. But website showing my status. Could you please guide me what options do I have to tap after dialing?
Please help me out.
There was a technical difficulty. Are you calling daily? You need to relax a bit.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi Alien
Thank you very much.
Just got stage 1 approved. In 11 months. Even I don't know whether I fall in new law or old .
Please let me know from AIP how long does it take to get Interview.?
Any chance they can ask me for financial documents?
Are everyone get AIP? Or just few
What should I do from now ? Or what are the next steps?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Processing of H&C applications takes 2-3 years. The next step would be approval in principle - this seems to be taking around 14 months these days. So you probably won't hear anything further until September / October / November.
Thank you so much for your help.
I received AIP in 11 months. ... as you guys said .

Could you please let me know next steps...
Still chances that can ask me financial documents because I already submitted.
Do you any idea of timeline now day
Regards

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I see you were educated in the UK. How long did you stay there? I view this as a negative since it seems obvious that you were trying to leave your home country. How valid your asylum case was will also factor in this because you fought the case as long as possible. It is very hard to comment on the case. Yes your child's autism will help. Usually you need formal testing not just a diagnosis from a paediatrician. Notes of support only go so far unless the people actually interact with you and your family on a regular basis. Notes from employers are more helpful than a random MP that you've had no contact with.

Canuck 78

Bundle of Thanks for your support.. I just got stage 1 Approval in 11 months. Please guide me for next coming step.
And in stage 2 what they acutely they looking for
Please reply me in detail

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi, you can't really be guided online because H&Cs are complex and unique to the applicant.

Generally speaking it seems that you may have a good application to present but it has to be presented well and maintained by providing information and evidence all the while you await a decision. Get a new job, children achieve something, whatever things happen that could possibly add value to your application should be submitted/added to your file.

Letters of support are good and you don't have to stop collecting them, get more and add them. Have you seen any news articles regarding your home country and your situation that you'd like the decision-maker to consider? Print them out and add them to your file. Did your children do something so demonstrably Canadian (it happens all the time) that couldn't possibly be repeated, built upon or furthered should your family leave Canada? You would know better than I what limits there might be for your children scholastically and socially should their lives be disrupted by leaving Canada (not simply medical stuff here). Do your children have letters of support from their schools, friends' parents, organizations or place of worship?

The Department outlines their key factors online:
  • how settled the person is in Canada
  • general family ties to Canada
  • the best interests of any children involved, and
  • what could happen to you if we do not grant the request.
Other matters can be considered as well, but take each one and write down what you have provided and as you find more material then submit it and add it to your list. Keep your own file and recall that these people will likely only see what you give them, they do these all of the time and they're looking to see if ALL of the stuff you've provided adds up to a positive decision.

Be clear, be concise, be realistic and be constantly updating your pre-decision application so that it remains current. It is a person making the decision and the ages, length of time in western education and the social adjustment of children to what is likely a more diverse range of opportunities in Canada are appealing because they advance the idea of them integrating into Canadian society seamlessly, and suffering a hardship should they be removed.

It is a positive thing for the officer to have concern that children not be removed from what has been an emersion into Canadian/western society and where the children are flourishing after this steady exposure. If someone has a daughter and she joins a club empowering girls, for example, this speaks to a core Canadian value. Girl Guides, or another positive social group would be an example of such a thing, I believe.

What works, what doesn't - H&Cs are hard to fiddle with so tell your family story in conformity with what the outlined factors detail, and have a bulleted summary of how you have tried to fit your facts into each of the factors. A "good" H&C is built in blocks of evidence under the Department's own outlined factors for consideration, and they are personal, kept well ordered and they are to the point.

Best of luck
How long is my police certificate good for?

Àmaanz

Jul 10, 2019
Hi all..first time posting in the group as i need some info. Hope to get help from you guys. Here is our timeline.
-We applied Jan 22, 2018 for PR under H&C.
-Acknowledgment receipt Feb 05, 2018.
-Processing started March 08, 2019.
- Medicals+ Police Character certificates+ Financial information+ Passports copies+PR Fee requested.
- medical and other documents submitted with PR Fee.

My question is that we did not get first stage approval.as yet but they have asked for the documents usually they ask in second stage....whenever i check online it says..."In Process". Is it Normal ?
Please share your valuable thoughts.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi all..first time posting in the group as i need some info. Hope to get help from you guys. Here is our timeline.
-We applied Jan 22, 2018 for PR under H&C.
-Acknowledgment receipt Feb 05, 2018.
-Processing started March 08, 2019.
- Medicals+ Police Character certificates+ Financial information+ Passports copies+PR Fee requested.
- medical and other documents submitted with PR Fee.

My question is that we did not get first stage approval.as yet but they have asked for the documents usually they ask in second stage....whenever i check online it says..."In Process". Is it Normal ?
Please share your valuable thoughts.

Hi Amaan
Everything is normal and seems okay.
Did you applied H n C on best interest of child?

Mine case is exactly as yours only difference ,that I had first approval first.
When did you submit your police reports?
According to new system they give you first approval after aground check. I believe
You will get good news in 3 months
Every case is different and nobody can give you a reliable, or useful, guess. H&C applications generally take much longer
Good luck.

Àmaanz

Jul 10, 2019
"Bobby_786"
Thank you for your reply. Yes we appllied for the best interest of the child.
We submitted police certificates along with medical and PR fee in may 2019.
It means we will get first approval after 3 months from now on ? Like in Feb 2020? And when do get PR?

Since we dont have any ID therefore kids dont go to school, no health care and no work permit as well, thats why we are awaiting anxiously.