+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & Compassionate

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
also no update yet on my decision and CIC HV my lawyer's email. They might send it to him. But my lawyer said you have to wait for your decision letter. I can't do anything that's what he said to me last Monday
okay all the best n keep us posted.

CanTN2015

Dec 18, 2019
Can anyone shed light to my question? What is the Current H&C processing time.
and my details are below
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 15, 2019.

Reactions: Bobby_786

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
and my details are below
Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 4, 2018.
Around 3 years.

CanTN2015

Dec 18, 2019
and my details are below
Permanent Residence
Thank you for the quick response.

Ágata77

Oct 19, 2016
Hi there, im not sure if Im posting on the right page.
I need advice about a PRRA being denied.
Someone knows how long they let you stay to get organized before deportation date?
Im planning to bring in letters of support asking for time specially because Im a babysitter of a child with cancer.
Will that kind of situation help ?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there, im not sure if Im posting on the right page.
I need advice about a PRRA being denied.
Someone knows how long they let you stay to get organized before deportation date?
Im planning to bring in letters of support asking for time specially because Im a babysitter of a child with cancer.
Will that kind of situation help ?
Unfortunately unlikely. Another babysitter can be found. Without more information about your story it is very hard to comment.

Ágata77

Oct 19, 2016
Unfortunately unlikely. Another babysitter can be found. Without more information about your story it is very hard to comment.
Hi, thank you for your answer.
Well to star, we had a refugee claim denied in 2017. In November of the 2017 we submitted an H&C. In January 2018 they called me in but I failed to showed up so last May 2019 they called me in again regarding my work permit so when I showed up they arrested me. We sorted out and they give me PRRA, and going to Harry Hays in Calgary every weeks to sign as a proof of commitment.
Prra was supposed to take a year or year Half to be processed but they just send me another letter.
So that's why I was wondering if I had a minimal possibility of getting extra time instead of 2 weeks after the first interview like they are giving to most of the people.
We are from South America but also lived 10 years in the USA my youngest daughter born there.
Our case is based on the fact that my daughter's are living here after experiencing the life in my country too wich was a very hard time for 5 years before coming here.
The little one is in grade 10, the older one graduated from High school here but she's now 21 and pregnant wich is another issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thank you for your answer.
Well to star, we had a refugee claim denied in 2017. In November of the 2017 we submitted an H&C. In January 2018 they called me in but I failed to showed up so last May 2019 they called me in again regarding my work permit so when I showed up they arrested me. We sorted out and they give me PRRA, and going to Harry Hays in Calgary every weeks to sign as a proof of commitment.
Prra was supposed to take a year or year Half to be processed but they just send me another letter.
So that's why I was wondering if I had a minimal possibility of getting extra time instead of 2 weeks after the first interview like they are giving to most of the people.
We are from South America but also lived 10 years in the USA my youngest daughter born there.
Our case is based on the fact that my daughter's are living here after experiencing the life in my country too wich was a very hard time for 5 years before coming here.
The little one is in grade 10, the older one graduated from High school here but she's now 21 and pregnant wich is another issue.
This is way more complicated than just babysitting a child with cancer. Your youngest daughter has the ability to return to the US now or when she turns 18. Is your daughter who is pregnant married or in a common law? Her partner can start the sponsorship process for her. Won’t necessarily delay her removal. Your time in the US likely counts against you since I assume you may have been living there illegally. Assume there is a chance that you are from Mexico and there is an attempt to crack down on the volume of asylum seekers who arrived after Mexican citizens became visa exempt. You really need to be talking to a lawyer and CBSA.

Ágata77

Oct 19, 2016
No Im not from Mexico, Im from Uruguay.
I do have a immigration counselor, but I was trying to hear from people in similar situations.
My daughter is about to get married, we also know that this wont stop her removal. We are here since 2015, we tried to study but I couldn't get my study permit so we decided to ask for refugee using my country situation and all the violence we suffered there( wich is real but random crime happening to everyone every day)
I know all this, my only concern is knowing if there is a minimal possibility of asking for a bit of time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No Im not from Mexico, Im from Uruguay.
I do have a immigration counselor, but I was trying to hear from people in similar situations.
My daughter is about to get married, we also know that this wont stop her removal. We are here since 2015, we tried to study but I couldn't get my study permit so we decided to ask for refugee using my country situation and all the violence we suffered there( wich is real but random crime happening to everyone every day)
I know all this, my only concern is knowing if there is a minimal possibility of asking for a bit of time.
Uruguay is not a country that has a high approval rate for refugees and you seem to have applied for asylum because you didn’t qualify for anything else. Random crime committed against you is not grounds for asylum. You have already delayed by not reporting for a year. Assume you may be trying to delay so the baby is born in Canada. If you don’t have a lawyer I would get one if you can afford one but at this point you seem to be on the removal track. Does your daughter even have medical coverage given her status? It is really up to CBSA but given that you didn’t seem to have an asylum case to begin with you have been able to stay in Canada for 5 years you have been very lucky already.