+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & Compassionate

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am looking for advise to apply PR for my sister in humanitarian and compassionate category. I applied PR for my parents in 2018 but could not add her as she was not dependent because of age ( her age is 32 now ). Unfortunately my father got diagnosed with prostate cancer during PR processing which was notified to CIC so the process took longer time in PR approval as we submitted medical reports time to time when asked. My parents got PR approval earlier this year but yet to do landing due to covid. My father's treatment is still going on in India and will continue once he will be in Canada. My sister and father are very much attached to each other as she is taking care of him during the treatment. Also she is financially dependent on parents. Please suggest if I can apply for my sister's immigration in this category based on our situation.

Thanks in Advance.
Agree that her chances are much lower than your parents. She has the ability to work, go to school, she has no physical limitations that would prevent her from caring for herself. She will likely have a lot of difficulty getting a TRV. Does she already have one? Given that they have a child in India it is very surprising that they got H&C in the first place.

Edit: just clarifying that your parents got PR under PGP.

ta0505

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Agree that her chances are much lower than your parents. She has the ability to work, go to school, she has no physical limitations that would prevent her from caring for herself. She will likely have a lot of difficulty getting a TRV. Does she already have one? Given that they have a child in India it is very surprising that they got H&C in the first place.

Edit: just clarifying that your parents got PR under PGP.
They got PR under PGP.My sister does not have TRV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They got PR under PGP.My sister does not have TRV
Your sister is likely going to struggle to get a TRV. She is an adult who is able to live independently so it would be very hard to prove H&C. If you do apply for H&C and it gets denied expect for her to have difficulty visiting Canada after a refusal so it isn't a risk free proposition. Would start with trying to get a TRV. Without stronger ties to her home country like a job, property, spouse, her own savings and previous internal travel she will likely struggle to get a TRV.

omena

Jul 16, 2020
Hello
i recieved my AOR in june 2018, yet to change to AIP.
At what stage can i apply for a work permit or medical (ohip)?

thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
i recieved my AOR in june 2018, yet to change to AIP.
At what stage can i apply for a work permit or medical (ohip)?

thanks.
Once you have AIP.

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Hi Bornlucky
What a wonderful reply I ever get.. Amazing you gave me lots of light. I appreciate you valuable time

I have few questions if you please reply

I have been living in Canada for 7 years.
Dos lent of time matters?

One 4 years old boy and three daughters grade 7 , 9 , 10 heaving good grades?

Letter from local Member of Parliament?

Working for serving poor people?

Son diagnosed Autism Spectrum disorders ?
Mortality rate in Pakistan so high

Lawyer made points for my 24 years study from ENGLAND as well my wife 22 years .

He is asked me affidavits from people with their sin numbers attested Notre public stamp,stating we are financially strong and we paying healthy tax if this person need any support any shape ,we are agree to help. I had 20 letters from different business people...
Is that something valuable?
What happened about your H&C..??
I applied in July 2018 and mine got rejected july 2020.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
How many months or weeks to wait until your application appears in eCas ?

Something like

1. We received your application for permanent residence on

Thanks for your answer

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
What next when the application is approved? Do you need to send your photo to Etobicoke to have your PR card processed? Or is it sent automatically once approve? And how long will it take?

Reactions: Kemmie11

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Hi
I got this reply.
What do you think about this?
Departmental records confirm that this application was received on August 23, 2018, and is being processed at the IRCC Office in Vancouver. Your application is currently in queue to be reviewed. The current processing time for applications in this category is approximately 31 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.
Hi , what happend with ur application ?!