+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & Compassionate

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Let me add you bit more . I came CanDa 2012 almost 7 years. Applied refugee got refused after 5 years
Child was born 2015 March. And he is Autistic.

Please help me , do I have good casec. What next
Hi. Please update your current status. May I know under which category you applied for asylum? What's your status now and how did you overcome? Why it took 5 years to reject? How do you able to stay after rejection of 2 years?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
After AIP a year ago .
Yesterday I had call from officer, we received your documents, And we finalized you file and sent to Landing department they will contact you shortly.
I so worried, what does that mean ..?
Ans from now long normally takes from here , ..
It more chance to negative?
Please guide me accordingly.
Kindest regards
Thnx

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Good morning to everyone

I hope you have experienced assistance in my problem

I came to Canada as a refugee in 2017 and my asylum was refused
It was then filed on appeal and was also rejected in April 2018
Me & my wife are stateless , I have two children, one with US citizenship and the other with Canadian citizenship of three years and two years of age

We filed H & C at july 3/2018
And in process April 12/2019
Medical received

Today, the request to leave Canada was sent to our home address

I can not appeal to leave because I am stateless, and I have been an appointment to Canada's border two weeks later

Please advise and thank you very much
After AIP a year ago .
Yesterday I had call from officer, we received your documents, And we finalized you file and sent to Landing department they will contact you shortly.
I so worried, what does that mean ..?
Ans from now long normally takes from here , ..
It more chance to negative?
Please guide me accordingly.
Kindest regards
Thnx

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Processing of H&C applications takes 2-3 years. The next step would be approval in principle - this seems to be taking around 14 months these days. So you probably won't hear anything further until September / October / November.
Hi
Please guide me
I had call from Immigration officer,
Said they finalized my file and sent to Landing department.
They will contact you shortly..
Just to know .. is that positive sign?
2nd from here normally how long they take, according to your experience.
Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Please guide me
I had call from Immigration officer,
Said they finalized my file and sent to Landing department.
They will contact you shortly..
Just to know .. is that positive sign?
2nd from here normally how long they take, according to your experience.
Regards
Yes it is a positive sign. Impossible to say what the wait time will be.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi, Hope every one is fine and doing well. I want to apply for Humanitarian visa for my 70 plus parents who are in Canada as a visitors. Here is my all information:

1) My parents are in Canada as a visitors.
2) They have visited Canada 2 times already.
3) My one sister was there in my back home when my parents were in back home before coming to Canada.
4) But now my sister died and my parents are alone in back home when parents go back to back home from Canada because they come on visitor visa so they have to go back to back home after 6 months.
5) But it is very difficult for them now to live there alone because there is no one there in back home with them.
6) This is their 3rd visit while they are here in Canada.
7) I am on PR here but my all other siblings are citizen here in Canada.
Now I want to apply for humanitarian visa for them.

Can any one please guide me, step by step, what to do in this regards please?

Thank you so much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Hope every one is fine and doing well. I want to apply for Humanitarian visa for my 70 plus parents who are in Canada as a visitors. Here is my all information:

1) My parents are in Canada as a visitors.
2) They have visited Canada 2 times already.
3) My one sister was there in my back home when my parents were in back home before coming to Canada.
4) But now my sister died and my parents are alone in back home when parents go back to back home from Canada because they come on visitor visa so they have to go back to back home after 6 months.
5) But it is very difficult for them now to live there alone because there is no one there in back home with them.
6) This is their 3rd visit while they are here in Canada.
7) I am on PR here but my all other siblings are citizen here in Canada.
Now I want to apply for humanitarian visa for them.

Can any one please guide me, step by step, what to do in this regards please?

Thank you so much in advance.
Follow the instructions here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html

Reactions: zain92

Nese

Jun 24, 2018
Hi:
I applied for H&C on June 21, 2018. they received my application on 28 June 2019. The process started on January 27, 2020. My application was updated because it was decision made on 29 May 2020. but I did not receive any information about the decision. They did not send e-mail or mail. Could there be helpers with knowledge on this subject?

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi:
I applied for H&C on June 21, 2018. they received my application on 28 June 2019. The process started on January 27, 2020. My application was updated because it was decision made on 29 May 2020. but I did not receive any information about the decision. They did not send e-mail or mail. Could there be helpers with knowledge on this subject?
Decision Made without AIP most of the time means rejected. You just have to wait for the letter but be prepare

Reactions: scylla

Nese

Jun 24, 2018
Decision Made without AIP most of the time means rejected. You just have to wait for the letter but be prepare
I called immigration phone number today agent said me your application still in process I can not see your decision. But when I checked my website between my name decision made, when I click decision made like that ;
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2020.

ta0505

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am looking for advise to apply PR for my sister in humanitarian and compassionate category. I applied PR for my parents in 2018 but could not add her as she was not dependent because of age ( her age is 32 now ). Unfortunately my father got diagnosed with prostate cancer during PR processing which was notified to CIC so the process took longer time in PR approval as we submitted medical reports time to time when asked. My parents got PR approval earlier this year but yet to do landing due to covid. My father's treatment is still going on in India and will continue once he will be in Canada. My sister and father are very much attached to each other as she is taking care of him during the treatment. Also she is financially dependent on parents. Please suggest if I can apply for my sister's immigration in this category based on our situation.

Thanks in Advance.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am looking for advise to apply PR for my sister in humanitarian and compassionate category. I applied PR for my parents in 2018 but could not add her as she was not dependent because of age ( her age is 32 now ). Unfortunately my father got diagnosed with prostate cancer during PR processing which was notified to CIC so the process took longer time in PR approval as we submitted medical reports time to time when asked. My parents got PR approval earlier this year but yet to do landing due to covid. My father's treatment is still going on in India and will continue once he will be in Canada. My sister and father are very much attached to each other as she is taking care of him during the treatment. Also she is financially dependent on parents. Please suggest if I can apply for my sister's immigration in this category based on our situation.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi

First of all, Canada does not have a visa called "a Humanitarian Visa". What you're referring to is a humanitarian and compassionate clause in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act mentioned in subsection 25.1.
When someone requests an exemption under 25.1, they are making an attempt to get their application for PR processed from within Canada. The officer then reviews the documentation and decides whether or not the exemption can be granted and is justified. If your sister is not in Canada, then she can not request an exemption because of her not physically being in Canada. The Act calls upon persons entering Canada for the purpose of living in Canada to be in the possession of a valid permanent resident visa (PRV).

Let's say she obtains a visitors visa for the purpose of coming here to later apply for PR under H and C, there is a significant chance that her application may end up in a refusal given her age, her access to good education in India, and ability to reside and take care of herself in her native country.

Her best bet is to apply for either a student visa or a work permit if she can not meet the requirements of economic immigration programmes.