+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I'm applying for GCMS Notes for my parents sponsorship application, what do we fill in for "Which Specific Information are you looking for?"

The options are:
1. Status Update of File / Reasons for Refusal / Officer's Electronic Notes
2. The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to/from IRCC
Depends on what you are looking for; if you want the copies of all the documents that were part of the visa application then select #2. This request takes longer to process. With the impact of COVID-19 and depending on the visa office holding these documents this request can take a very long time.

#1 will provide you with the "GCMS notes". If you want only the "notes" then select #1 and mention in the comments section that you are seeking the notes section specifically. The "notes" are usually towards the end of the GCMS file and you can see a sample at https://sample.gcmsnotes.com

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I ordered my
Notes
Today..how
Long till i
Receive them???
The legislated time frame is 30 days; it can come through sooner too and it can take longer as well. If it will take more than 30 days you will be notified via email. The email will look something like this;

Dear xxxxxxxx;

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxxxx, 2020, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the xxxxxxxxx residence files concerning xxxxxxxx.

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxxxxxx, 2020

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
The legislated time frame is 30 days; it can come through sooner too and it can take longer as well. If it will take more than 30 days you will be notified via email. The email will look something like this;

Dear xxxxxxxx;

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxxxx, 2020, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the xxxxxxxxx residence files concerning xxxxxxxx.

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxxxxxx, 2020

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE
60 days extension for GCMS is a bit long and frustrating..

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
60 days extension for GCMS is a bit long and frustrating..
Agree, it certainly is but it can be even longer. In some cases we have seen a 1 year extension but that's due to COVID-19. Regardless, there is an ongoing investigation by the Office of the Information Commissioner; this investigation was launched in March and the details are at https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/news-releases/information-commissioner-initiates-systemic-investigation-department

We had the opportunity to provide input into the process as well and are looking forward to the outcome.

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Received an email from ATIP for a new consent form as my daughter is over 16. Provided them the last week. How long will they take to issue the notes?

Originally notes requested on 14th may, received a request for revised form on 9th June, provided the revised form on 15th June.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Can I apply for gcms note if I am on PGWP (work permit). I am looking to apply for my wife. Thanks
If you are in Canada you can request the information for your wife. Requesting your own GCMS file is free and requesting on behalf of someone else costs $5. You can request as many times as necessary and it has no adverse affect.

Reactions: Toks01

sy_enigma

Jun 1, 2020
Please can anyone explain this note, AND there's s.15(1) at the right corner

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2020/04/28 06:22:23
Created By: JB23384
Updated Date: 2020/04/28 06:24:57
Updated By: JB23384
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: Amman
Text:
*********File Review********** Application and supporting docs reviewed today. Principal Applicant (PA) is being sponsored by spouse (SPR). FC1 application. Sponsorship passed. FOSS search done on PA and SPR: previous FCE refusal (declared). Application refused because the PA and SPR did not meet the FCE caterogy. Eligibility: PA and SPR met in 2000 in Syria at University. They state being in a relationship since 2005. They got engaged in 2016 before the SPR left Lebanon to be resettled to Canada. Their FCE application was refused in 2019. They got married in Malaysia in 09-2019 and had their honeymoon there. Marriage certificate on file. First marriage for PA and SPR. Based on documentary information provided, I am satisfied with BFs of relationship between PA and SPR, satisfactory evidence of relationship on file and PA and SPR appear well suited. PA and sponsor have similar ages, backgrounds and have a common language of communication. Photographic evidence of the progression of the relationship on file. Evidence of trips and visits on file. Eligibility passed. P/Cs on file: NRT lnfosharing reviewed: No concerns Military: Did not serve in the military No CRIM concerns: PASSED To HS to issue meds

Last edited:
Reactions: Nina12

Jibihi

Jan 13, 2019
I am confused, i applied for GCMs notes and i am not even residing in Canada. ! I don't know where people are getting from that you need to reside in canada to order the notes or do it through someone
Hello, please I am also trying to apply from outside Canada. how did you apply? could you explain the process and which reliable site to use? thank you

Reactions: ChessGirl

ChessGirl

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hello, please I am also trying to apply from outside Canada. how did you apply? could you explain the process and which reliable site to use? thank you
Hello,

I applied on this site https://www.applygcms.com/index.html

I am not sure how reliable they are but they always respond to my queries on time. (It has been 36 days since i applied...but my AOR is 19th May anyway, so maybe it is too soon to expect a status update of my PR).

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

ATIP sent me an email asking for fresh consent form

1. my elder daughter turned 16, hence, she needed to sign herself.
2. for my younger daughter I had custody order issued in my country and ATIP wanted this to be attested by a notary in Canada. The notary in Canada denied the attestation citing the reason that I am not physically present in Canada and as the document is already attested in India, it does'nt need another attestation.

I provided the consent form signed by myself, my elder daughter and for my younger daughter again i signed and my ex-husband (who is the non-accompanying parent) and is not included in my application. Do i need to provide my ex's id proof as well? they did not ask for it though.

please advise.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,

ATIP sent me an email asking for fresh consent form

1. my elder daughter turned 16, hence, she needed to sign herself.
2. for my younger daughter I had custody order issued in my country and ATIP wanted this to be attested by a notary in Canada. The notary in Canada denied the attestation citing the reason that I am not physically present in Canada and as the document is already attested in India, it does'nt need another attestation.

I provided the consent form signed by myself, my elder daughter and for my younger daughter again i signed and my ex-husband (who is the non-accompanying parent) and is not included in my application. Do i need to provide my ex's id proof as well? they did not ask for it though.

please advise.
If reading correctly your ex-husband signed as well? ATIP will ask for "A recent Canadian court document showing custody agreement" (this is a standard message in applicable cases) if both parents are unable to provide consent. If both parents have signed the consent form then you are all set.

ATIP staff verifies signatures provided on the consent form with what they have available at their end. If there is a mismatch ATIP will contact you for an ID. You can proactively provide it and it will not hurt the processing in anyway. During COVID-19 if hand signatures are not possible ATIP will accept electronic signatures as well but only if accompanied with a govt. issued ID or an audit log (companies like DocuSign etc provide an audit log)

Reactions: wwww