+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
As the website says an individual/organization residing in Canada can apply for the notes, can a friend of mine who is in Canada on a study permit apply on behalf of me?
yes absolutely your friend can request the information for you. anyone who can provide a copy of an official document that demonstrates they are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc) can request the gcmsnotes. in fact a canadian in your own country can also help you; they don't have to be physically present in canada when making the request. the gcmsnotes contain sensitive information so check who you trust with your info.

moreover, for in-land applicants they can obtain the information on their own for free, they don't need to use a 3rd party. under canada's privacy act they can request their own information at no cost; any number of times.

some facts - requesting gcmsnotes doesn't impact the processing of your application; it does not speed up things nor does it have any negative impact. some people feel that requesting the notes will speed up things, it does not.

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi Everyone, I'd appreciate some help in filling the "Consent for an Access..." form IMM5744e (2018 edition). My husband is sponsoring me (family sponsorship) and he currently resides in Canada.

Section 1: Requester information (individual in Canada)
Section: 2: Is it my information - the principal applicant (not in Canada)? As they do not ask for "Relationship to applicant"...
Section 2.1: What should I put here?

Appreciate anyones help. :)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi Everyone, I'd appreciate some help in filling the "Consent for an Access..." form IMM5744e (2018 edition). My husband is sponsoring me (family sponsorship) and he currently resides in Canada.

Section 1: Requester information (individual in Canada)
Section: 2: Is it my information - the principal applicant (not in Canada)? As they do not ask for "Relationship to applicant"...
Section 2.1: What should I put here?

Appreciate anyones help. :)
Have your husband enter his details in section #1
You put your details in section # 2
Section #2.1 your husband again
At the present time, during COVID-19, IRCC will accept electronic signatures on this form with a copy govt id if for any reason one can't hand sign the form

Reactions: Yasminakb

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Have your husband enter his details in section #1
You put your details in section # 2
Section #2.1 your husband again
At the present time, during COVID-19, IRCC will accept electronic signatures on this form with a copy govt id if for any reason one can't hand sign the form
Thank you so so much! :)

inapickle

Feb 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am trying to order GCMS notes for our spousal application (hubby is principal applicant and it's an outland application) but I have a couple questions regarding the IMM5744 form (Consent form).

My questions are the following:
- Am i the one who fills out the form (the sponsor)?
- Am i the designate representative?
- What goes in the "Related Individual's Information" section? a side note, my husband has a minor son from a previous relationship who will be a non-accompanying dependent. Are we entering his name in the "Related Individual's Information" section?

Everyone's insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi everyone,

I am trying to order GCMS notes for our spousal application (hubby is principal applicant and it's an outland application) but I have a couple questions regarding the IMM5744 form (Consent form).

My questions are the following:
- Am i the one who fills out the form (the sponsor)?
- Am i the designate representative?
- What goes in the "Related Individual's Information" section? a side note, my husband has a minor son from a previous relationship who will be a non-accompanying dependent. Are we entering his name in the "Related Individual's Information" section?

Everyone's insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
You are requesting the information for your husband; so you are the representative. Your info goes in section 1. Your husband's info in section 2 and you can enter your info in section 2.1. If you don't need the non-accompanying dependent's info, you don't need to enter his info on the form. When you submit the ATIP form in the comments section mention that you are seeking info related to your husband only.

inapickle

Feb 18, 2020
You are requesting the information for your husband; so you are the representative. Your info goes in section 1. Your husband's info in section 2 and you can enter your info in section 2.1. If you don't need the non-accompanying dependent's info, you don't need to enter his info on the form. When you submit the ATIP form in the comments section mention that you are seeking info related to your husband only.
Thank you so much for clarifying things!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Sorry, one last question, does it matter if I sign the document first then send it to my husband for signing or it doesnt matter who signs the consent form first?
It does not matter, just make sure it's hand signed or electronically signed. If you chose the latter include a copy of the govt. issued photo id

ChessGirl

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
yes absolutely your friend can request the information for you. anyone who can provide a copy of an official document that demonstrates they are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc) can request the gcmsnotes. in fact a canadian in your own country can also help you; they don't have to be physically present in canada when making the request. the gcmsnotes contain sensitive information so check who you trust with your info.

moreover, for in-land applicants they can obtain the information on their own for free, they don't need to use a 3rd party. under canada's privacy act they can request their own information at no cost; any number of times.

some facts - requesting gcmsnotes doesn't impact the processing of your application; it does not speed up things nor does it have any negative impact. some people feel that requesting the notes will speed up things, it does not.
I am confused, i applied for GCMs notes and i am not even residing in Canada. ! I don't know where people are getting from that you need to reside in canada to order the notes or do it through someone

pavion

Sep 25, 2019
I'm applying for GCMS Notes for my parents sponsorship application, what do we fill in for "Which Specific Information are you looking for?"

The options are:
1. Status Update of File / Reasons for Refusal / Officer's Electronic Notes
2. The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to/from IRCC

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I am confused, i applied for GCMs notes and i am not even residing in Canada. ! I don't know where people are getting from that you need to reside in canada to order the notes or do it through someone
You don't have to reside in Canada to obtain your GCMS notes. As long as you are eligible to obtain the notes you can do it from anywhere in the world.

Reactions: ChessGirl