+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,

I applied a GCMS note and I got a temporary tracking number. Will I be able to track with the temporary tracking number ?

How long will it take to get the permanent tracking number?

Will I get the GCMS notes as a soft copy ?

Regards,
Karthik
You will find out of the permanent number if IRCC has questions about your GCMS request in which case they will contact you quoting the permanent number that may start with A or 2A. Other than that you will find out when you receive the GCMS notes.

You can always contact IRCC and ask as well if you applied directly with IRCC.

The tracking number doesn't do much for you if you applied using a third party. At best it services the purpose akin to an order number. Even then tracking number is not a must have to contact IRCC.

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
You will find out of the permanent number if IRCC has questions about your GCMS request in which case they will contact you quoting the permanent number that may start with A or 2A. Other than that you will find out when you receive the GCMS notes.

You can always contact IRCC and ask as well if you applied directly with IRCC.

The tracking number doesn't do much for you if you applied using a third party. At best it services the purpose akin to an order number. Even then tracking number is not a must have to contact IRCC.
Will the notes be as soft copy ?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for clarifying
Welcome. The departments are trying to move away from mailing documents and CDs particularly during these times of COVID-19. For e.g. CBSA which ordinarily mails documents is now sending via email.

All the best.

Riqas

Feb 10, 2020
Hi, I have a query. if sponsor is applying for GCMS notes and is currently not residing in Canada. Does he/she needs to provide canadian address and contact details or where he/she is residing? TIA

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, I have a query. if sponsor is applying for GCMS notes and is currently not residing in Canada. Does he/she needs to provide canadian address and contact details or where he/she is residing? TIA
Canadian address is not necessary, see right of access below.

To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.

Koolbarbie

Aug 9, 2020
Yes. If you can trust him with your personal information.
Hi, my friend wants to help request the GCMS notes for me. In the email section of the request form, can she put in my email address? or does it have to be her email address?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, my friend wants to help request the GCMS notes for me. In the email section of the request form, can she put in my email address? or does it have to be her email address?
It should be the requesters email id, though you can enter any email id. If there are any questions IRCC will only communicate with the designated rep not the applicant in your case.

christysze

Apr 2, 2020
Hi guys, my friend is about to request GCMS on my behalf. In the "email" field of the online application form, does it need to match with the email address of the consent form that my friend filled in? Or it could be my (PA) email?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi guys, my friend is about to request GCMS on my behalf. In the "email" field of the online application form, does it need to match with the email address of the consent form that my friend filled in? Or it could be my (PA) email?
It's not required to be the same.

Reactions: christysze

jimmyM

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
I wonder if requesting the GCMS notes will delay processing. Will it put my application on hold till GCMS notes are issues?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Reactions: jimmyM