+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Gill1515

Oct 7, 2018
hiiii....m working as a elderly care giver from september 2017....my work permit will expired in september 2019 ....can i eligible to apply for permanent residence?????

RMAvelino

Mar 17, 2018
Hi. Can anyone help me with this situation.

Im currently a live in caregiver for person with disability for 2years already from August 22 2016 to August 22 2018, before my work permit expired I applied for an extension but until now there's no update regarding my application and now I'm thinking if am i allowed to apply PR under new path way for high medical needs while waiting for my valid work permit extension? The Pilot of the new pathway will be done on November and I wanted to submit my PR before it end. Thank you

S k 88

Sep 23, 2018
Hi. Can anyone help me with this situation.

Im currently a live in caregiver for person with disability for 2years already from August 22 2016 to August 22 2018, before my work permit expired I applied for an extension but until now there's no update regarding my application and now I'm thinking if am i allowed to apply PR under new path way for high medical needs while waiting for my valid work permit extension? The Pilot of the new pathway will be done on November and I wanted to submit my PR before it end. Thank you

sgrewal

Apr 18, 2016
Does anyone have a sample letter of employment for work permit extension? My employer doesnt know what to write. Also do i need a new LMIA to extend my work permit it still with the sane employer. I will appreciate all ur help
I noticed that you posted this question few months ago and hope you must know the answer now. For renewing work permit under new pathway, did you apply for LMIA?

sgrewal

Apr 18, 2016
Hi, I will also be applying for PR on May 20 under Caring for children class (new pathway). So I’ve been here in Canada for 3 years and 3 months now. I got my police clearance in UAE but they just sent me the certificate by email only. Would that be just okay submitting the print out only and not the original copy? I applied for the police clearance by the way last January and it says valid for 3 months only. Whereas on the immigration website it says it is considered valid for one year from the date of issue. Would that also be alright? And lastly I also would like to know if I still need to apply Police Clearance here in Canada at RCMP? I hope someone will enlighten me about my querries. Good luck to all of us!
Hi I have a questions. Work permit under new pathway was issued for me for only 2 years. Did you renew your work permit and if you did, did you need new LMIA from the same employer as well? I would appreciate your reply.

mashmae

Oct 11, 2017
Hi I have a questions. Work permit under new pathway was issued for me for only 2 years. Did you renew your work permit and if you did, did you need new LMIA from the same employer as well? I would appreciate your reply.
I hope my experience can help. I worked as a Live-in caregiver for children with disability. My NOC was 6474. My work permit expired 2 months before I finish my 24 month work that is because I didn’t start working right away when I got here (there was a delay with the release of my SIN). So I applied for a work permit extension with the same employer and I submitted it 45 (April) days before my work permit expired (May). I was under implied status then until I got my new work permit in August. For the extension of work permit, you don’t need a new LMIA if you are working with the same employer. They just need an updated contract and letter of the employer. Then I submitted my application for PR under new Pathway Caring for Person with high medical needs end of september. Got an email from IRCC end of October that my application is completed. I was scheduled for landing interview 3rd week of November and officially a permanent resident on the 21st of November. God is great. I hope everyone is doing well. Just keep the faith and we will all achieve our goals.

mashmae

Oct 11, 2017
I hope my experience can help. I worked as a Live-in caregiver for children with disability. My NOC was 6474. My work permit expired 2 months before I finish my 24 month work that is because I didn’t start working right away when I got here (there was a delay with the release of my SIN). So I applied for a work permit extension with the same employer and I submitted it 45 (April) days before my work permit expired (May). I was under implied status then until I got my new work permit in August. For the extension of work permit, you don’t need a new LMIA if you are working with the same employer. They just need an updated contract and letter of the employer. Then I submitted my application for PR under new Pathway Caring for Person with high medical needs end of september. Got an email from IRCC end of October that my application is completed. I was scheduled for landing interview 3rd week of November and officially a permanent resident on the 21st of November. God is great. I hope everyone is doing well. Just keep the faith and we will all achieve our goals.

P.S.
Just submit your old LMIA together with your updated employment contract

sgrewal

Apr 18, 2016
Thanks you so much for your reply. I was worried that i would need new LMIA and the process to get LMIA is long.

mashmae

Oct 11, 2017
Thanks you so much for your reply. I was worried that i would need new LMIA and the process to get LMIA is long.
My pleasure. Just submit with your work permit extension application the copy of your LMIA together with the updated contract that indicates until when you will be working with the same employer. God bless!

Wenxiii

Sep 10, 2018
Hey can anyone help me?
I did sign on form 0008 but at the top of last page, I forgot to print my name where it asks for consent to release information to the province for purposes of immigration and refugees protection act.
What should I do besides waiting? Thanks

Dec 11, 2018
Hi,

I am being anxious about my application for PR under the High Medical Needs Program. I am a RPN.

Nov 15 mailed out my application
Nov 16 delivered by UPS
Nov 19 CIC received
Nov 21 started processing, linked the application to online account
Nov 22 received an email of UIC/AOR
Nov 27 passed eligibility, invitation to Pre-arrival services

There is no update since Nov 27, 2018.

Whate is the invitation to Pre-arrival services? I am in Canada already.

Any interpretation of my appication?

I saw many other posts saying that the PR under the new caregiver program took very short time. I am waiting anxiously. It is Dec 11 already!

Thanks

Ben

dhenzdhennise

May 6, 2013

Good morning!
Just wanna ask , do I need to wait for the approval of my work permit extension before I can apply for my temporary resident visa?then wait for visa approval before I can apply for pr?coz it is so confusing:((different people, different advice), my work permit expired dec. 18,and my trv expired last November 30.
We've been out of the country for 45 days.do I need to wait for 45 days more before I apply for pr to pay my days out of the country?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply,
God bless:)

Sam28111987

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Hello,
I have a question about 24moths working period requirement for apply under child caregiver program!
I started working from March 2017 as a child caregiver. I have been on family visits for almost 3 months till now! In 2017 for 2 months and in 2018 for 1 month. So when is good time to apply for PR application under New Child Caregiver program?
As I saw on CIC website we can have some leaves! And as per my consultant I can have 15days leave officially in a year!
Please advise me what is perfect time to apply which consider as mine 24months of working period!

Thanks