+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

sey08

Apr 8, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
COngratulations and thank you for posting this! It's very helpful for people like me. I called CIC again with some other question, and since I got to talk to a lady who seemed like she wanted to help - I asked her about the OWP again. She said that including it with the PR application would result in refusing, because OAR letter MUST be mailed with it. So weird! I think I'm gonna still try, I'm inspired by your story...

roca

Oct 1, 2014
luckyday03 said:
Need help please!!!
I am a live in caregiver at the moment, and will apply PR and open work permit in future, my question is- i only have 2 years in college out of 4 years earned 97 units in Bacelor in Elementary Education in Philippines. Do i have a chance to apply for PR? If i have tostudy at least one year to upgrade my education am i eligible to apply in caring for children new pathway? Or apply under old rules where post secondary is not required. Pls advised. Thank all in advance. :-[
You're qualified to apply for a pr under the live in caregiver program and not eligible for the new pathway.
Sure you can study for more than 6 months but you will need a study permit. As per CIC, remember that you are in Canada to work as a full-time live-in caregiver.

luckyday03

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore- ( online application )
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Re submit on November 29 2015
Doc's Request.
January 21. 2015
Med's Request
January 21 2016
Med's Done....
January 26 2016
Passport Req..
April 7, 2016 (Thanks God)
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2016 ( Blessing's )
LANDED..........
God's perfect time...Arrived!! (June 14 2016)
roca said:
You're qualified to apply for a pr under the live in caregiver program and not eligible for the new pathway.
Sure you can study for more than 6 months but you will need a study permit. As per CIC, remember that you are in Canada to work as a full-time live-in caregiver.
Yea thanks thats what i thought, i wont be able to study/upgrade unless i have the pwrmit to do so, and i dont think as well that ECA will assest my education because it is only full 2 years no cert no diploma.

SIII

Feb 10, 2016
Bokoks15 said:
Yes I had police cert, upfront medical, education assessment, ielts etc before I applied. I worked as healthcare Aide for 2 years.
=======================
Hi Bokoks15!

I'm working under the old LICP and will be applying for PR & OWP hopefully by August or September this year. I'm planning to take the CARING FOR CHILDREN PATHWAY. I have some questions. Hopefully you can help?

1. What did you do first? Get Police Clearance, take Celpip or IELTS, Medical, obtain ECA, etc?
2. Where to get Police Clearance from? from the country where we're from (Philippines) or the country we're currently working (Canada)?
3. Can we have Medical Exam even if we have not started with the PR application yet?

4. How did you send the ACADEMIC RECORDS REQUEST FORM to your school?
5. Did the school directly mai it to WES? Or you got someone in your family pickup your sealed Transcript from the school and they're the ones that mailed it to WES?
6. Did you have to wait for WES to receive your transcript before you sent your Diploma? When did you send your diploma?

Sorry for asking too much. Hahaha...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frederickkk

Aug 26, 2015
SIII said:
=======================
Hi Bokoks15!

I'm working under the old LICP and will be applying for PR & OWP hopefully by August or September this year. I'm planning to take the CARING FOR CHILDREN PATHWAY. I have some questions. Hopefully you can help?

1. What did you do first? Get Police Clearance, take Celpip or IELTS, Medical, obtain ECA, etc?
2. Where to get Police Clearance from? from the country where we're from (Philippines) or the country we're currently working (Canada)?
3. Can we have Medical Exam even if we have not started with the PR application yet?

5. Did the school directly mai it to WES? Or you got someone in your family pickup your sealed Transcript from the school and they're the ones that mailed it to WES?
6. Did you have to wait for WES to receive your transcript before you sent your Diploma? When did you send your diploma?

Hello my friend...May be I can help you with one of your questions...For the police check, or the police clearance form...simply go to a local police station with 2 pieces of photo ID to apply in person. The location and fees depend on where you live. I am not sure where you live. If you live in Greater Toronto Area, you have a lot of options...you can go to any branches of Provincial Police, Toronto City Police, or York Region Police...

All in all, simply go to a local police branch and those police officers will assist you. Remember to bring your photo ID.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Roah said:
Hello,
I have a question,
I'm currently workin as a caregiver under LCP ( LMO )
My work permit expires in June 15,2016
I lack 6 weeks on my working hours to complete 24 months so I am extending my work permit under the same circumstances, I am only extending to complete the OWP/Pr requirement,
My employer is already planning to hire someone to replace me,
They know once my OWP comes I'm moving out,
They want to be secured that they can hire someone before all my applications are done
Will my extension affect my employer's LMIA application?
I know she will need to 'give me a new contract ' when I apply for the extension..

Or do I need to write down my situation in the cover letter once I pass my application ?

Thank you so much!

Roah, this message is for you. Once you can get 6 months to 1year contract extension to submit your PR application. Am positive you will be fine.

Your application does not in anyway affect another LMIA that your employer is processing for another caregiver. As for writing an explanation letter of your situation, I am of the believe that that is not necessary, it is just the fear of unknown that why you are anxious.

Hope this helps?

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
SIII said:
=======================
Hi Bokoks15!

Hi SIII, I'll try to answer your queries.
1. In my case, I did the ECA (WES) as early as 7 months before I passed my application and IELTS 5 months prior. For the NBI clearance, criminal
record check and upfront medical, 2 months before. Just pay attention to their validity until you pass your application.
2. You need to pass an NBI clearance from the Philippines and a criminal record check for your stay here in Canada. Kindly refer to Frederickkk's
answer.
3. Yes. An upfront medical exam is needed for the new pathway. Just tell your chosen panel physician that you need to have one, they will know
right away. You do not need to hand them any form from CIC. They will give you an upfront medical exam printout after.
4. You could send it through a representative or you could mail it to your school directly but be sure to inform them first. I am not sure if you
could just email them a scanned copy.
5. The school must send it to WES directly. There are schools that are letting representatives to send it but they must be sealed.
6. I sent a copy of my diploma after I got my reference number. You do not have to wait for your transcripts to be received.
Good luck and God bless.

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I'm Kristina please enlighten me, Can I apply for New pathway?
I'm under LICP due to complete my 24 months on September or October this year 2016. I am currently looking after a 10 years old boy with Juvenile Diabetes he is insulin dependent. Sorry for my long list of questions I real will really appreciate it if you can help me with my queries.

1. What category should I be in? Child care or with high medical needs? Thank you.
2. When is the best time for me to start working on my papers? Like starting the WES?
3. I have Academic Ielts last May 2014 with Bandscore of 7.0 Is it still valid when I apply for Sept or Oct 2016?
4. Is there no limit to apply for the new pathway?

THANK YOU SO MUCH..

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
egay_11 said:
Hi SIII, I'll try to answer your queries.
1. In my case, I did the ECA (WES) as early as 7 months before I passed my application and IELTS 5 months prior. For the NBI clearance, criminal
record check and upfront medical, 2 months before. Just pay attention to their validity until you pass your application.
2. You need to pass an NBI clearance from the Philippines and a criminal record check for your stay here in Canada. Kindly refer to Frederickkk's
answer.
3. Yes. An upfront medical exam is needed for the new pathway. Just tell your chosen panel physician that you need to have one, they will know
right away. You do not need to hand them any form from CIC. They will give you an upfront medical exam printout after.
4. You could send it through a representative or you could mail it to your school directly but be sure to inform them first. I am not sure if you
could just email them a scanned copy.
5. The school must send it to WES directly. There are schools that are letting representatives to send it but they must be sealed.
6. I sent a copy of my diploma after I got my reference number. You do not have to wait for your transcripts to be received.
Good luck and God bless.
You mentioned that a criminal record check from Canada is also needed. I read i the instruction guide for the new pathway:
"You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18."
Do I get something wrong?

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
marjana.ukr said:
You mentioned that a criminal record check from Canada is also needed. I read i the instruction guide for the new pathway:
"You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18."
Do I get something wrong?
Hi Marjana.ukr. No, you are not wrong. What you stated is indicated on the instruction guide. If you go to the police checks section, you will see the following:

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No
Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

In my case, I had a criminal record check to be on the safe side. You may opt to submit a criminal record check ahead since CIC will notify you if you need one after evaluating your application. I have read that there were applicants who did not submit it and there were some who did. Either way, their applications were approved.

I am sorry for the confusion. Thank you my friend.

fjn3223

Apr 22, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
16-02-2016
Interview........
04-28-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-17-2016
LANDED..........
04-28-2016
Ive been following this thread since January. So Inspiring to see how fast the processing.

Im about to pass my application, hopefully, next week. I am confusing because someone advised me to get Advisory of Marriage. I asked my husband to provide me this documents. My question, do we really need to include this?

I have three dependents: husband and 2kids.

TIA

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
fjn3223 said:
Ive been following this thread since January. So Inspiring to see how fast the processing.

Im about to pass my application, hopefully, next week. I am confusing because someone advised me to get Advisory of Marriage. I asked my husband to provide me this documents. My question, do we really need to include this?

I have three dependents: husband and 2kids.

TIA
If you are legally married then, you will need a marriage certificate or something to proof this. I want to believe you are Filipino hence I implore the Filipino guys on this platform to please as a matter of urgency; respond to her question.

Hope this helps?

cherryred07

Feb 4, 2016
Funsho Heritage said:
If you are legally married then, you will need a marriage certificate or something to proof this. I want to believe you are Filipino hence I implore the Filipino guys on this platform to please as a matter of urgency; respond to her question.

Hope this helps?
If you are from the philippines, you can get the certificate at the NSO. And if im not mistaken you need that as a proof of marraige when you apply for your pr

fjn3223

Apr 22, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
16-02-2016
Interview........
04-28-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-17-2016
LANDED..........
04-28-2016
Funsho Heritage said:

Hope this helps?
Thanks Funsho for your thought.

Im legally married. My marriage certificate is in secured paper (SECPA). Yes Im a Filipino.

fjn3223

Apr 22, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
16-02-2016
Interview........
04-28-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-17-2016
LANDED..........
04-28-2016
cherryred07 said:
If you are from the philippines, you can get the certificate at the NSO. And if im not mistaken you need that as a proof of marraige when you apply for your pr
Hi, Cherryred.

I already asked my husband to go to the NSO. Unfortunately, they didnt know what is that.. They only knew the CENOMAR.