How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
My Timeline - Caring for Children class

Application received: 14th September, 2015
CC charged: 17th September, 2015
AIP/eligilibility letter: 18th September, 2015 - CIC requested more info about dependents, same sent and was received 21st September, 2015
CIC Letter: 22nd September, 2015 - No more documents required at our office in Vegreville, You will be contacted by Accra embassy

Accra Embassy: 23rd September, 2015 File opened for dependents, email containing checklist to submit more documents received.

Open Work permit: 30th September, 2015 Received 2 years open work permit in the mail. why??? . I included open work permit application.
For singles you don't have to include open work permit but for married from west Africa like me, I strongly recommend
this option, just in case there is delay in processing of your application.

OPW Date issued: 24/09/2015 with an expiry date 24/09/2017 Remark on permit: PR initial approval granted

Vegreville CIC: 13th January,2016 Your application is now completed, you will be contact by CIC winnipeg

Winnipeg CIC: 19th January, 2016 scheduled me for landing interview 3rd February, 2016
Winnipeg CIC: 3rd February, 2016 Landed as PR at CIC office Winnipeg, Accra embassy to issue Visa to dependents within 4-6weeks
COngratulations and thank you for posting this! It's very helpful for people like me. I called CIC again with some other question, and since I got to talk to a lady who seemed like she wanted to help - I asked her about the OWP again. She said that including it with the PR application would result in refusing, because OAR letter MUST be mailed with it. So weird! I think I'm gonna still try, I'm inspired by your story...

Frederickkk

Aug 26, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
Part of the document you have to submit with your application is CRA statement of account and you will need T4 to file for your tax refund for CRA to send you this document.

Your choice is you either choose to make money with no record of employment or you work and get record of employment.

As you must know as a holder of post-graduate open work permit,this kind of OPW is not extendable . The work permit is for you to transit your path to PR under any stream of your choice.

As to the questioned you asked, I did worked for private household employers(individual) but make sure my taxes were paid. Please try and read my previous posts.

If you must act, act now . If your PGOPW has 3years validity good for you but if its 1 or 2 years. You better act now and act wisely.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your help my friend.

Now I have another situation. My future client has been suffering from a deadly, INCURABLE disease for 3 years and her physician predicts that she has only one year left :(...This means that I may be able to work for the client for only one year...

So I really want to know if I could work for this client for 12 months, and then work for a new client for another 12 months after this client passes away. I am not sure if this would be acceptable to CIC.

Also, my expected application date would be on March 15, 2018, which means that I will only have T4 for 2016 and 2017 as the proof of work experience. How can I prove my work experience in 2018 without the T4 2018? Will my payslips help with it?

Thanks for your help again and I wish you all the BEST in the new year...Well, the Chinese new year is coming soon!

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
COngratulations and thank you for posting this! It's very helpful for people like me. I called CIC again with some other question, and since I got to talk to a lady who seemed like she wanted to help - I asked her about the OWP again. She said that including it with the PR application would result in refusing, because OAR letter MUST be mailed with it. So weird! I think I'm gonna still try, I'm inspired by your story...

Go ahead, please include your OWP if you think you will need one. I submitted OPW application with my PR even when CIC were yet to come to state it Clearly on their web page whether caregiver can apply for same under express entry class.

Please read what the law says and not what people says.

please read this link below and you could never go wrong. very self explanatory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

There are two legal terminology here.

If your application is found complete, meaning you have met the eligibility requirement ,then CIC will give it to you like in my case.
OR

Wait until the eligibility letter comes out and then apply for OPW. But just like I have posted on this platform, I did not wait for any eligibility letter,I packaged both my PR and OWP together and sent it to Vegreville at this same time and got the OWP.

So it is up to you my dear friend to make your choice.

cherryred07

Feb 4, 2016
Funsho Heritage said:
Read previous posts. The answer to your questions are all there.
Hello Funsho Heritage, thanks. I read all the previous post and somehow got a gist of the info i need. And i read the post that only 2750 per stream can apply in a year. Im concerned that theres a quota on the number of applicants and there might be no more slots by the time i apply in the later part of the year. Is there any way to know how many applicants have applied up to a certain point? Thanks again

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
cherryred07 said:
Hello Funsho Heritage, thanks. I read all the previous post and somehow got a gist of the info i need. And i read the post that only 2750 per stream can apply in a year. Im concerned that theres a quota on the number of applicants and there might be no more slots by the time i apply in the later part of the year. Is there any way to know how many applicants have applied up to a certain point? Thanks again

To start with, yes CIC processes 2750 per stream and of course there is no way an applicant would know for now if the quota for each stream have being reached but in my opinion I guess CIC would post it on their website or possibly return applicants application to them with the instruction to resubmit for the next nearest quota just like what happened in the previous federal skill worker program.

The point is, perfect your paperwork and if you will be applying in march 2017, I strongly hold that you have nothing to fear at all as this month is still within the first quarter of the year and I can predict with better accuracy that CIC wouldn't have received 2750 applications at this time in a given year per stream.

Even at this, fix your paper work, I wish you the very best of luck in your application at a future date. Cheers!!

cherryred07

Feb 4, 2016
Funsho Heritage said:
To start with, yes CIC processes 2750 per stream and of course there is no way an applicant would know for now if the quota for each stream have being reached but in my opinion I guess CIC would post it on their website or possibly return applicants application to them with the instruction to resubmit for the next nearest quota just like what happened in the previous federal skill worker program.

The point is, perfect your paperwork and if you will be applying in march 2017, I strongly hold that you have nothing to fear at all as this month is still within the first quarter of the year and I can predict with better accuracy that CIC wouldn't have received 2750 applications at this time in a given year per stream.

Even at this, fix your paper work, I wish you the very best of luck in your application at a future date. Cheers!!
Thanks Funsho Heritage! Im organizing my papers right now. Even Though i know i have a good 7-8months before i could process mine. Im freaking out and worrying about statistics and stuff. But then again, i understand all i could do is hope for the best. Thanks again for explaining and the advises. Congrats on your application! :)

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
Go ahead, please include your OWP if you think you will need one. I submitted OPW application with my PR even when CIC were yet to come to state it Clearly on their web page whether caregiver can apply for same under express entry class.

Please read what the law says and not what people says.

please read this link below and you could never go wrong. very self explanatory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

There are two legal terminology here.

If your application is found complete, meaning you have met the eligibility requirement ,then CIC will give it to you like in my case.
OR

Wait until the eligibility letter comes out and then apply for OPW. But just like I have posted on this platform, I did not wait for any eligibility letter,I packaged both my PR and OWP together and sent it to Vegreville at this same time and got the OWP.

So it is up to you my dear friend to make your choice.
Thank you for taking your time to explain. You should consider working at CIC ;D

Today I found out that my LCP extension was approved and valid for 2 years. Even though I applied for only a few months. This changes everything for me. Since I'm now stuck with my employer till July (asked them to keep me for a bit longer since I could not predict what the future would bring) and I even have a valid closed work permit - I will just apply for PR and not for an OWP. I don't think I'm gonna need it since the PR process takes up to 6 months. It would just save me a few hundred bucks... Plus it looks like I'm not eligible for an OWP now anyway, because my current work permit doesn't expire withing 4 months:

" You are already working in Canada, your work permit is due to expire within four months and your application for permanent residence has been found complete or received a positive eligibility assessment under one of the following:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Canadian Experience Class
Provincial Nominee Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Caring for Children Class
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class, or
humanitarian and compassionate grounds "

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
Thank you for taking your time to explain. You should consider working at CIC ;D

Today I found out that my LCP extension was approved and valid for 2 years. Even though I applied for only a few months. This changes everything for me. Since I'm now stuck with my employer till July (asked them to keep me for a bit longer since I could not predict what the future would bring) and I even have a valid closed work permit - I will just apply for PR and not for an OWP. I don't think I'm gonna need it since the PR process takes up to 6 months. It would just save me a few hundred bucks... Plus it looks like I'm not eligible for an OWP now anyway, because my current work permit doesn't expire withing 4 months:

" You are already working in Canada, your work permit is due to expire within four months and your application for permanent residence has been found complete or received a positive eligibility assessment under one of the following:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Canadian Experience Class
Provincial Nominee Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Caring for Children Class
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class, or
humanitarian and compassionate grounds "

Well, there are always technicalities in law. when I reapplied for my PR the second time in September, 2015 I did have at hand 2years closed permit from previous PR refusal in March same year.

I resubmitted a fresh Open work permit again in September, 2015 to liberate myself and I was given a fresh 2 years open work permit again. With it, I was able to leave my employer faster, got full time job in Manitoba in October and relocated in November 2015.

I will say if it is just one day of more freedom and more possibilities, I think from personal experience that OPW thus make a sense but it is up to you to define what you want. If you think you will stay with your employer till you PR is finalized and you are single, honestly, I will say you don't need it.

On the aspect of the eligibility for OPW you quoted; the law permit CIC officers to use their discretion in the application of the instrument of law. Just like you admitted, you applied for few month extension of your current work permit and you were given more than you asked for.

weigh all your options and decide want you think suite your situation. The equation of life is never 2+2=4, rather life is influenced by several variables which are never at constant.

Hope this helps?

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Also, my expected application date would be on March 15, 2018, which means that I will only have T4 for 2016 and 2017 as the proof of work experience. How can I prove my work experience in 2018 without the T4 2018? Will my payslips help

For 2018, you can provide STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR CURRENT SOURCE DEDUCTIONS. Its a CRA form that you can get from your employer, it is a proof that your tax has been paid on that year.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Dimi2015 said:
Also, my expected application date would be on March 15, 2018, which means that I will only have T4 for 2016 and 2017 as the proof of work experience. How can I prove my work experience in 2018 without the T4 2018? Will my payslips help

For 2018, you can provide STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR CURRENT SOURCE DEDUCTIONS. Its a CRA form that you can get from your employer, it is a proof that your tax has been paid on that year.
You have answered the question yourself. you can submit the most very recent CRA statement of which you can ask from your employer.

hope this helps?

luckyday03

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore- ( online application )
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Re submit on November 29 2015
Doc's Request.
January 21. 2015
Med's Request
January 21 2016
Med's Done....
January 26 2016
Passport Req..
April 7, 2016 (Thanks God)
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2016 ( Blessing's )
LANDED..........
God's perfect time...Arrived!! (June 14 2016)
Need help please!!!
I am a live in caregiver at the moment, and will apply PR and open work permit in future, my question is- i only have 2 years in college out of 4 years earned 97 units in Bacelor in Elementary Education in Philippines. Do i have a chance to apply for PR? If i have tostudy at least one year to upgrade my education am i eligible to apply in caring for children new pathway? Or apply under old rules where post secondary is not required. Pls advised. Thank all in advance. :-[

Frederickkk

Aug 26, 2015
luckyday03 said:
Need help please!!!
I am a live in caregiver at the moment, and will apply PR and open work permit in future, my question is- i only have 2 years in college out of 4 years earned 97 units in Bacelor in Elementary Education in Philippines. Do i have a chance to apply for PR? If i have tostudy at least one year to upgrade my education am i eligible to apply in caring for children new pathway? Or apply under old rules where post secondary is not required. Pls advised. Thank all in advance. :-[
You may send your diploma/degree gained in Philippines to do the ECA assessment. If the result of ECA turns out that your education is equivalent to the 1 year post-secondary Canadian Education, then you would be fine and don't have to study for one more year. If not, you must study to get your education in Canada, since the education requirement is MANDATORY.

luckyday03

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore- ( online application )
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Re submit on November 29 2015
Doc's Request.
January 21. 2015
Med's Request
January 21 2016
Med's Done....
January 26 2016
Passport Req..
April 7, 2016 (Thanks God)
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2016 ( Blessing's )
LANDED..........
God's perfect time...Arrived!! (June 14 2016)
Frederickkk said:
You may send your diploma/degree gained in Philippines to do the ECA assessment. If the result of ECA turns out that your education is equivalent to the 1 year post-secondary Canadian Education, then you would be fine and don't have to study for one more year. If not, you must study to get your education in Canada, since the education requirement is MANDATORY.
Thanks, i thought ECA only asses if the applicant earned a degree/diploma at least 3 years or more.

Frederickkk

Aug 26, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
You have answered the question yourself. you can submit the most very recent CRA statement of which you can ask from your employer.

hope this helps?
Hello Funsho Heritage

How are you doing my friend? :D

I am waiting for my client to be discharged from hospital. Now there is another concern about my work permit.

You may know that I am a caregiver who received education in Canada and currently I am holding a valid 3-year Post-Graduation Work Permit, which is definitely an open work permit that allows me to work for anyone I like to work for. This Permit is LMIA-exempted because it falls under the LMIA Exemption Category - Code 43.

Now the problem is that I am not sure if this post-grad work permit would be eligible for the new caregiver program. Yesterday I was talking about this with my caregiver friend. She said that I am absolutely not eligible for this program, because I have to obtain an LMIA anyway and then get a new caregiver permit. She pointed out that this LMIA requirement is on the immigration law.

So there is a conflict in the immigration law system.

I asked my consultant yesterday. He also has no clues about my work permit eligibility, since I might be the first one using a post-grad open work permit (LMIA exempted) instead of a Temporary Foreign Worker Permit (with LMIA) to go through the new caregiver program, which makes my case extremely rare and complicated.

Do you know anyone who successfully made it through the new caregiver program with a Post-Grad Open Work Permit? I know it is hard to talk about the truth of legal issues...So I just want to know if there could be someone who did it successfully.

Thanks

Sincerely
Frederick

Frederickkk

Aug 26, 2015
luckyday03 said:
Thanks, i thought ECA only asses if the applicant earned a degree/diploma at least 3 years or more.
Not really my friend. ECA evaluates any levels of education. I finished my 2-year Licensed Nurse Assistant (LNA) Diploma in my country before I came to Canada. One year ago I sent the diploma for evaluation and successfully got recognized. Please do it so that you will be meeting the education requirement of the new caregiver program.