6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
c4luu said:
Hm. Is it true that a full cover letter is only necessary when there is something odd or missing from the application and then a Sponsor support letter goes after the Sponsor application forms as a part of the Supporting documents to prove the relationship is genuine?

http://immigrationcanada.pro/immigrate/7-essential-elements-in-a-sponsorship-cover-letter/

People are using it interchangeably but this cover letter business is confusing me since I already wrote a support letter but I don't see how it should be called a cover letter as well.

A cover letter IMO is short and concise BUT is this even what everyone is talking about?

"Dear Visa Officer,

My name is c4luu ("Sponsor") and I am a Canadian citizen by birth. My birthdate is 1900/09/04. I am writing this application today because I am sponsoring my husband m4who under the Family Class for spouses.

My husband's name is m4who ("Principal Applicant" or "Sponsored Spouse") and he is a Serbian citizen by birth. His birthdate is 1900/02/15. He is currently residing in Novi What, Serbia.

I have attached all required documents according to the Document Checklists for Sponsor and for Immigrant, as well as Additional Supporting Documents to prove that the relationship is real.

The time that m4who and I have spent together has been precious and I hope that we will be able to continue our future together in Canada.

We affirm that all pages completed following this letter are accurate and true, to the best of our ability. I hope that you will carefully consider all components of our Sponsorship application together.

Sincerely,

c4luu"
There is nothing on the checklist that says a cover letter is necessary, but certainly if there is something odd or missing from your application, it wouldn't hurt to note it there so the person opening the app can see it first thing. We included relationship essays from both myself (sponsor) and husband (principle applicant), which we attached to IMM1344 and IMM5285 respectively. In our "proof of relationship" section, we included support letters from family.

My husband wrote a blog post on our application - it's not in English, but you can see in the photos how we just made one big organized pile! However, people have had success with many different ways of organizing their applications!

http://taejusoul.tistory.com/618

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lauralee15 said:
There is nothing on the checklist that says a cover letter is necessary, but certainly if there is something odd or missing from your application, it wouldn't hurt to note it there so the person opening the app can see it first thing. We included relationship essays from both myself (sponsor) and husband (principle applicant), which we attached to IMM1344 and IMM5285 respectively. In our "proof of relationship" section, we included support letters from family.

My husband wrote a blog post on our application - it's not in English, but you can see in the photos how we just made one big organized pile! However, people have had success with many different ways of organizing their applications!

http://taejusoul.tistory.com/618
Hi laralee! I am looking at your husband's blog post now. I noticed that in your table of contents you had the Marriage Certificate under Proof of Relationship. I have mine under my Sponsored Spouse's documents because of the Identity and Civil Status Documents. Should I be putting a second photocopy in the application?

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
c4luu said:
Hi laralee! I am looking at your husband's blog post now. I noticed that in your table of contents you had the Marriage Certificate under Proof of Relationship. I have mine under my Sponsored Spouse's documents because of the Identity and Civil Status Documents. Should I be putting a second photocopy in the application?
No, it is not required to put a second copy. I put one under the documents section as well. Initially we had kept all the "Proof of Relationship" stuff together as we were gathering all the pieces of the application. Ended up just leaving a copy in that section and also putting one for the documents section - two were not necessary!

luisluis

Feb 6, 2016
lauralee15 said:
There is no right or wrong on how many envelopes are needed to submit your application. We kept all the documents in order of the checklist and put it in one big envelope with cover letter, barcodes and big table of contents on the top. Do what makes sense for you! As long as all the forms, documents and proof are included, that's all that matters!
Hey! I see you have a very fast timeline.

Did you put page numbers and things like that?
I'm putting lot of information, but also providing summaries than can be read more easily,
but I'm a little bit tired of putting paperclips.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
luisluis said:
Hey! I see you have a very fast timeline.

Did you put page numbers and things like that?
I'm putting lot of information, but also providing summaries than can be read more easily,
but I'm a little bit tired of putting paperclips.
No, we didn't put any page numbers - from what I understand, as soon as it is opened the agent sorts it they way they like it, so page numbers likely wouldn't mean much. We just organized it in way that made sense to us and so that we knew we didn't miss anything. We didn't use summaries, but rather for any questions that required supplementary information, we attached the info to that particular form on an additional sheet of paper.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
lauralee15 said:
No, we didn't put any page numbers - from what I understand, as soon as it is opened the agent sorts it they way they like it, so page numbers likely wouldn't mean much. We just organized it in way that made sense to us and so that we knew we didn't miss anything. We didn't use summaries, but rather for any questions that required supplementary information, we attached the info to that particular form on an additional sheet of paper.
I think we simply wrote the total number of pages in each section header...for each section, I listed the contents and total pages....I guess if they see how many pages the application is....and then physically end up with something less, they at least know to go chase the missing stuff? But yeah, they totally rip the apps apart when they receive them (my friend had hers returned twice).

C.

rosiep

Apr 12, 2016
Hey guys, quick question about the photos for the proof of relationship. I'm adding them on a word file with a timeline, like it was suggested here, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to add the occasional chat log with the photo. Often I'll add a photo with a caption that explains "this was planned by our friend so-and-so" and I have facebook chats proving that the conversation took place and said friend was aware of our relationship. Should I stick to only photos and leave those screenshots for a "chat log" folder?

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All,

Hope all are doing well.

I am a Canadian PR and engaged recently to a girl from India and we have plans for marriage(arrange) next year.
Both the families want that girl goes along with me to Canada once we get married.
Is there any option by which we can achieve this e.g. Study Visa?

I know if i apply Outland family sponsorship it will take around 1 year for her to come to canada after marriage.

If she comes on Study visa, how soon i can marry(Civil marraige) her in canada? And once we marry in Canada, which type of sponsorship i should apply i.e. INLAND or OUTLAND?
What is more advisable?

Experts please advise, so i can plan things accordingly.

Thanks.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi Guys,

I have Few questions about how to organize my application.

1. Is it OK to use those clip on paper clips to organize my application forms and supporting documents.
2. Does CIC require original photocopy of documents showing proof of relationship or original.
3. Am sending an insurance document as proof and its several pages stapled together do I need to remove the staplers?

Many Thanks

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi All,

I am about to submit my application and just have two questions.

1. Is it OK to staple the documents checklists or we not allowed to staple those too

2. I have made three envelops One for sponsor application forms and supporting documents, One for sponsored application forms and supporting documents and the last for proof of relationship documents and plan on putting the three of them in one expanding folder. So where do I put the checklist? just in the folder or in each envelop?

Many Thanks

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Londo said:
Hi All,

I am about to submit my application and just have two questions.

1. Is it OK to staple the documents checklists or we not allowed to staple those too

2. I have made three envelops One for sponsor application forms and supporting documents, One for sponsored application forms and supporting documents and the last for proof of relationship documents and plan on putting the three of them in one expanding folder. So where do I put the checklist? just in the folder or in each envelop?

Many Thanks
Do not use any staples anywhere.
Just put the checklist on the top of the first envelope. They are going to put it all in one big pile that they organise anyway. But stick with the three envelopes.

leb

Oct 22, 2015
Hi all,

This post really helps a lot how to organized the application, after reading few sample, it brings up few questoins;

1. in the document checklist I already put N/A on those items that we don't have , but do I still need to print out those form and cross out and put N/A on the not applicable form?

2. the bar code page(s), should I put in the first pile of my document, which have 1. Document Checklist 2. Upfront medical proof 3. Application payment receipt 4. Barcode from IMM008 & IMM1344

thanks thanks

leb

Oct 22, 2015
chilkootcee said:
Hey all. There have been a number of returned applications because the Use of Representative form was bot submitted even though a representative was not used and NA was indicated on the checklist. Somebody at CIC is screwing up but until they are corrected I suggest that you do the following:

1) write NA or not applicable if you did not use a representative AND

2) include the form with a big line drawn across it and write "Not applicable - representative not used" on the form and include it with your package.

If your package was rejected because of this I suggest you write to your MP explaining this and asking CIC why their instructions say not to include forms not required in an application when the package seems to be rejected afrer CIC instructions were followed.

Somebody needs to find the person in Ottawa who is making this mistake and correct them.

C.
Hi chilkootcee,

So from what you are saying, I should include all the forms ( which around 3 empty form) print out draw a line across and put NA?

It kind of confusing why need to put empty form ..

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
leb said:
Hi chilkootcee,

So from what you are saying, I should include all the forms ( which around 3 empty form) print out draw a line across and put NA?

It kind of confusing why need to put empty form ..
Better to be safe than sorry....just to make it crystal clear to them....but perhaps their period of returning applications because this wasn't done (in some cases) is over? I haven't seen any issues related to this posted recently. I think they get confused if the mailing addresses are different then residential addresses indicated by spouse / sponsor and suspect there is a representative when there isn't

This is only a suggestion. In the end you can decide what you think is best,

C.

marshie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
Done
1.sino po nagprovide ng cover letter sa application? may sample kayo?

2.sino din po dito na jobless/unemployed(sponsor) the time na nagpasa sila ng application? nagprovide po ba kayo ng finacial support sa family nyo(sponsor)?
yung pictures po ba dapat malaki? tipong 3R? mga 2 pictures lngmagkakasya sa 1 papel?

3.correct me if im doing it right...1. sponsor's application form with supporting documents 2. appilicant/ sponsored application forms with suppporting documents 3. prood of relationship (pictures)

maraming salamat sa mga sasagot Smiley