+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I organized our applcation and a summary of all helpful tips I have learned

nanaz

Aug 1, 2017
Some helpful tips/ info which I have gathered from this forum in all the months of researching and asking questions:

1. No staplers!No bookbinding! Use paperclips or binder clips instead

2. Use tabs and table of contents for better organization

3. Follow checklist for the order of documents

4. Immigrant photos – do not attach on forms, put in small envelope and paperclip to the forms
- It is unclear whether to label 1 photo only among the 9, or label all the nine, so what I did is to provde two sets, one set with only one labeled photo fo the 9, and second set with all 9 photos labeled at the back. I provided an explanation for this, and told them to feel free to discard whchever set will not be used.

5. Letters / Greeting cards – ok to send originals, but ok also to scan, just explain why u are not sending originals

6. Photos – ok to print on photo paper, ok also to print on bond paper with several photos per sheet, with captions (when, where, who is in the photo, who took it, event)

7. Other documents like receipts, etc – ok to paste on paper, ok also to scan and print

8. PDF forms – ok to handwrite when filling up but preferred and better to type it

9. Letters and emails – unofficial translations – this is still a gray area, but presumed ok to be translated unofficialy (by ourselves or family member) just explain this fact and indicate that if they deem it necessary to have official translations then u can provide later on.

10. On the forms, Given name includes Middle Names if you have one (mother's maiden surname) and u may still use your maiden name (if u r married) on the forms. I just checked yes on "other names used" and included my married name.

11. Paper to use – doesnt matter. But we used 8.5x11 for the forms (this is the default in the pdf files) and used A4 for proof of relationship or other additional sheets (coz we have plenty of A4 stocked at home)

12. Any additonal sheet we attached, we put the name of sponsored person, date of birth, name of form, question number and the question being answered

13. Fees- preferred method – Bank or Online? I have read many problems encountered with online payment so I went with bank payment. I ordered the receipt form online.

14. Mailing: you can mail through Canada post or through courier:
if we mail it through good 'ol post office, the address to mail it to is:
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

but if we send it using courier service, the address to send the application to is:
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

Addendum: no minimum req'd income for spouse sponsorship, u can even be unmeployed but shld not be receiving welfare. However, i provided an explanation that i am still searching for a job since I just got back and i will be employed soon. and i explained how am i going to manage for the meantime. I included letters frm my parents and in laws That they are willing to support me for the meantime and from my cousin in Calgary that they will let me stay with them, free food, lodging and utilities until i get a job and afford to have my own place :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi, I know you posted this many years ago and i hope you still active on this forum. I wanted to thank you, this really made this whole process less stressful for me. I was wondering if you still have your pictures available. Photobucket has censored them and silly me i should of saved the pictures for future reference. I Really hope you can read this on time. I will be sending my package next week , i just have to put everything together and your pictures would save me so much time. Thanks again!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi, I know you posted this many years ago and i hope you still active on this forum. I wanted to thank you, this really made this whole process less stressful for me. I was wondering if you still have your pictures available. Photobucket has censored them and silly me i should of saved the pictures for future reference. I Really hope you can read this on time. I will be sending my package next week , i just have to put everything together and your pictures would save me so much time. Thanks again!
Maybe if there is a particular aspect of it you are struggling with you could explain and we would be able to help?!

The way the application process is now structured it is relatively easy to organise if you just follow the checklist..opposed to the old process where it was very unclear what you were to send!

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
446 pages??? that's....ummm....wow!
mine was like 50 pages. lol.
The thread is old so it might be the old process and requirements ;)

abeeradil

Aug 27, 2018
how many forms are for sponsor and applicant? and in additional family information form, is marital status part" married physically not present" means during the time of marriage or right now?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
how many forms are for sponsor and applicant? and in additional family information form, is marital status part" married physically not present" means during the time of marriage or right now?
Married-physically not present that’s if you weren’t present at your wedding ceremony. Note that IRCC dont recognize proxy marriages.

Reactions: abeeradil

MIMImaz

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
I am ready to submit my inland application under spousal sponsorship. I have queries regarding few things

1. Please check if the order is ok?
  • Table of content
  • Checklist (Spouse PR)
  • Work Permit - Checklist
  • Work Permit - Fee (255)
  • Work Permit - Application (5710)
  • Work Permit - Supporting Documents
  • Barcode Pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008)
  • IMM344
  • IMM0008
  • IMM5562
  • IMM5406
  • IMM5669
  • IMM5532
  • Supporting Documents in the order of checklist
2. Do I have to submit original PCC and Birth certificate Or photocopy is ok?

3. My visa will expire on December 25, 2018 (visitor visa 6 month period in Canada)
  • Will I get AOR and application is linked online before expiry?
  • OR
  • Should apply for any Visa? (extended visa or something)
experts, please let me know...

Thanks

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hi,
I am ready to submit my inland application under spousal sponsorship. I have queries regarding few things

1. Please check if the order is ok?
  • Table of content
  • Checklist (Spouse PR)
  • Work Permit - Checklist
  • Work Permit - Fee (255)
  • Work Permit - Application (5710)
  • Work Permit - Supporting Documents
  • Barcode Pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008)
  • IMM344
  • IMM0008
  • IMM5562
  • IMM5406
  • IMM5669
  • IMM5532
  • Supporting Documents in the order of checklist
2. Do I have to submit original PCC and Birth certificate Or photocopy is ok?

3. My visa will expire on December 25, 2018 (visitor visa 6 month period in Canada)
  • Will I get AOR and application is linked online before expiry?
  • OR
  • Should apply for any Visa? (extended visa or something)
experts, please let me know...

Thanks

Hey, did you get any response or have any feedback on the way you submitted your application? Not sure if you sent it out already and probably didn't get any confirmation they received it. Was there anything you added or removed from your app? I understand the modern application is simple and has more guidelines to it. Also how many pages in total was yours and did you have a lot of reference letters?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hey, did you get any response or have any feedback on the way you submitted your application? Not sure if you sent it out already and probably didn't get any confirmation they received it. Was there anything you added or removed from your app? I understand the modern application is simple and has more guidelines to it. Also how many pages in total was yours and did you have a lot of reference letters?
This is an old thread, so much of the earlier stuff, while good for the period in which it was posted, may not be nearly as relevant now. You're right, the present-day application is much clearer about what forms/documents are required, and in what order they should appear. Follow your checklist and you'll be fine.

As far as page count and number of reference letters go, think quality over quantity. Putting together a 500+ page application for today's application may very well be overkill. (I think that in most cases, it is.) When selecting documents to include in your application, make sure what you choose ticks off as many boxes as possible and addresses any points you want to clarify. Along those lines, letters of reference should support whatever you and your partner claim on your forms and in other bits of evidence. Again, it's about quality and not quantity. Make sure the few letters you provide are from persons important to you and your partner's lives, such as parents, close friends, etc. If said persons happen to be "pillars of the community," all the better!

When it comes time to organize and ready your application for mailing, it might help to break the documents down into different folders which are clearly labeled (example: "Part A: Forms"). Writing the names and dates of birth of the sponsor and principal applicant is a good idea, too. And yes, put those folders in the order stipulated by the checklist.

Reactions: np08

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
This is an old thread, so much of the earlier stuff, while good for the period in which it was posted, may not be nearly as relevant now. You're right, the present-day application is much clearer about what forms/documents are required, and in what order they should appear. Follow your checklist and you'll be fine.

As far as page count and number of reference letters go, think quality over quantity. Putting together a 500+ page application for today's application may very well be overkill. (I think that in most cases, it is.) When selecting documents to include in your application, make sure what you choose ticks off as many boxes as possible and addresses any points you want to clarify. Along those lines, letters of reference should support whatever you and your partner claim on your forms and in other bits of evidence. Again, it's about quality and not quantity. Make sure the few letters you provide are from persons important to you and your partner's lives, such as parents, close friends, etc. If said persons happen to be "pillars of the community," all the better!

When it comes time to organize and ready your application for mailing, it might help to break the documents down into different folders which are clearly labeled (example: "Part A: Forms"). Writing the names and dates of birth of the sponsor and principal applicant is a good idea, too. And yes, put those folders in the order stipulated by the checklist.
Yes, that is what I figured, the original of this post is so old(relatively speaking!) It's crazy that I read/get different answers to similar questions. Do you know if reference have to be handwritten or not? I do not see that they have to be. Also, do these said letters have to be notarized if they are in English? The checklist specifies "copies of official documents" have to be notarized by an official. So a photocopy of my passport or driver's license (which are original) should be notarized because they do not want official docs unless stated?

I agree with quality over quantity as well. A consultant told me he has his clients send 30-40 pictures even though the max clearly states 20 but he hasn't had any applications returned..The key is giving them everything they want to see(checklist) and more to solidify my claims.

Are all the forms to be filled out in black in? The consultant I mentioned said he used blue because it's easier to read but one of the forms clearly states black ink. Also the printers are printing in black so it makes sense to keep it linear across all the files.

Some recommendations I have read:

1. Do not leave ANY blank spaces; either answer it with your information/explanation or write down N/A.
2. Go by the order of the checklist as it specifies (duh)
3. Read over the final application 3 times to avoid missing any errors.
4. Organization is key; other than NO STAPLES, should I avoid any organizational tools? Are subfolders, tabs, etc. all in an expanding folder acceptable?
5. Follow the instructions to each form (duh, but sometimes vague)
6. Evidence, evidence, evidence. Provide as many different types of evidence as possible to provide cohabiation/relationship. Keyword - types. Don't submit 50 pages of text messages. Provide texts, emails, mail with same address, documentation with both names, photos, etc. Many different types and not 100 of one type.
7. Validate the forms that need to be validated.
8. Keep information consistent. One form with a date off on a birthday can result in returned app/delay.

Anything else to add? I over-analyze situations and make it seem much worse than it is.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yes, that is what I figured, the original of this post is so old(relatively speaking!) It's crazy that I read/get different answers to similar questions. Do you know if reference have to be handwritten or not? I do not see that they have to be. Also, do these said letters have to be notarized if they are in English? The checklist specifies "copies of official documents" have to be notarized by an official. So a photocopy of my passport or driver's license (which are original) should be notarized because they do not want official docs unless stated?

I agree with quality over quantity as well. A consultant told me he has his clients send 30-40 pictures even though the max clearly states 20 but he hasn't had any applications returned..The key is giving them everything they want to see(checklist) and more to solidify my claims.

Are all the forms to be filled out in black in? The consultant I mentioned said he used blue because it's easier to read but one of the forms clearly states black ink. Also the printers are printing in black so it makes sense to keep it linear across all the files.

1. Do not leave ANY blank spaces; either answer it with your information/explanation or write down N/A.
4. Organization is key; other than NO STAPLES, should I avoid any organizational tools? Are subfolders, tabs, etc. all in an expanding folder acceptable?
6. Evidence, evidence, evidence. Provide as many different types of evidence as possible to provide cohabiation/relationship. Keyword - types. Don't submit 50 pages of text messages. Provide texts, emails, mail with same address, documentation with both names, photos, etc. Many different types and not 100 of one type.
8. Keep information consistent. One form with a date off on a birthday can result in returned app/delay.

Anything else to add? I over-analyze situations and make it seem much worse than it is.
You should really just start a new thread or post in a more recent one on this topic. There's no reason to keep resurrecting this one.

If you mean letters by friends and family by "reference", they don't need to be handwritten. They just need their handwritten signature at the bottom.

Letters do not need to be notarized at all (I do believe common law applications require at least one or two notarized letters, but the checklist will say if required) and even translations of letters by friends and family can be made by the applicant and sponsor themselves.

If your checklist specifies that copies have to be notarized, then they do. Normally it's not required and homemade normal copies are sufficient, however checklists can differ based on different conditions. Usually the only thing that needs to be in any way "special" are translations of official documents that need to be certified. Also as a rule, if originals aren't specified, copies are fine (like I said, usually just normal copies, but your checklist seems to specify notarized so you should follow that).

Reactions: NHLNFL

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019

I'll answer here assuming you haven't created a new thread yet. I can't speak with too much certainty regarding notarized documents since this didn't apply to my situation, but I would just go with what your checklist specifies. As for the letters, they can be typed or handwritten. I'm not sure all my letter writers signed their letters BUT they all did provide their address, contact info (phone, email, and home address), and their place of employment (and all that contact info too). Oh, and I did everything in black ink. Now to the bullet points:

1. Correct. If you need more space or would like to clarify something, you can attach a sheet of paper with an explanation. Make sure it has the sponsor and principal applicant's name, date of birth, the form to which the extra sheet is corresponding to, and the question/section being addressed and/or supplemented.
2. Correct.
3. At least three times!
4. I wouldn't do tabs and other "helpful" organizing outside of keeping everything in order, neat, and in folders as I had previously noted. When they review the application, they'll put stuff in the order they like..... And yes, no staples. Use paperclips when needed.
5. Correct. When in doubt, refer to the full guide or come here and either ask or search. Chances are someone has already asked the question you need an answer to.
6. Yes, you want to use all sorts of evidence to make your case. Try going through 50 pages of text messages and see how far you go. Not far, right? Also, on their own text messages don't mean too much, so provide corroborating evidence. Official documents are always strongest, but feel free to supplement them with social media posts, letters/emails between you two, etc.
7. Correct, validate. You won't get those barcodes without validating.
8. Correct.

If I could add one other obvious but super important thing: sign your documents. Sign even when it tells you to TYPE your signature.