+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I organized our applcation and a summary of all helpful tips I have learned

MIMImaz

Sep 26, 2018
Hey, did you get any response or have any feedback on the way you submitted your application? Not sure if you sent it out already and probably didn't get any confirmation they received it. Was there anything you added or removed from your app? I understand the modern application is simple and has more guidelines to it. Also how many pages in total was yours and did you have a lot of reference letters?[/QUOTE

yes
Application received on 4th November 2018
and got AOR on 27 November 2018

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Is providing 100 pages of application for married people still a thing? Given that they have started to specify the maximum amount of pics and stuff. Indicating that they do not want an overwhelming number of pages

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
Some helpful tips/ info which I have gathered from this forum in all the months of researching and asking questions:

1. No staplers!No bookbinding! Use paperclips or binder clips instead

2. Use tabs and table of contents for better organization

3. Follow checklist for the order of documents

4. Immigrant photos – do not attach on forms, put in small envelope and paperclip to the forms
- It is unclear whether to label 1 photo only among the 9, or label all the nine, so what I did is to provde two sets, one set with only one labeled photo fo the 9, and second set with all 9 photos labeled at the back. I provided an explanation for this, and told them to feel free to discard whchever set will not be used.

5. Letters / Greeting cards – ok to send originals, but ok also to scan, just explain why u are not sending originals

6. Photos – ok to print on photo paper, ok also to print on bond paper with several photos per sheet, with captions (when, where, who is in the photo, who took it, event)

7. Other documents like receipts, etc – ok to paste on paper, ok also to scan and print

8. PDF forms – ok to handwrite when filling up but preferred and better to type it

9. Letters and emails – unofficial translations – this is still a gray area, but presumed ok to be translated unofficialy (by ourselves or family member) just explain this fact and indicate that if they deem it necessary to have official translations then u can provide later on.

10. On the forms, Given name includes Middle Names if you have one (mother's maiden surname) and u may still use your maiden name (if u r married) on the forms. I just checked yes on "other names used" and included my married name.

11. Paper to use – doesnt matter. But we used 8.5x11 for the forms (this is the default in the pdf files) and used A4 for proof of relationship or other additional sheets (coz we have plenty of A4 stocked at home)

12. Any additonal sheet we attached, we put the name of sponsored person, date of birth, name of form, question number and the question being answered

13. Fees- preferred method – Bank or Online? I have read many problems encountered with online payment so I went with bank payment. I ordered the receipt form online.

14. Mailing: you can mail through Canada post or through courier:
if we mail it through good 'ol post office, the address to mail it to is:
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

but if we send it using courier service, the address to send the application to is:
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

Addendum: no minimum req'd income for spouse sponsorship, u can even be unmeployed but shld not be receiving welfare. However, i provided an explanation that i am still searching for a job since I just got back and i will be employed soon. and i explained how am i going to manage for the meantime. I included letters frm my parents and in laws That they are willing to support me for the meantime and from my cousin in Calgary that they will let me stay with them, free food, lodging and utilities until i get a job and afford to have my own place :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nice!! Could you let me know where you bought those envelopes ?

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
The original post is from 9 years ago, I have a feeling you aren't going to get a reply...
I know but I tried. I searched everywhere for envelopes like the ones in his pictures but couldn't find any sadly, all I found was slim envelopes which could not hold a lot of paper.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I know but I tried. I searched everywhere for envelopes like the ones in his pictures but couldn't find any sadly, all I found was slim envelopes which could not hold a lot of paper.
Personally it seems like total overkill. I mean, the instructions make no mention about any of the stuff that OP did. I highly doubt your application will be treated differently just because it's shinier.

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
It is ( **looks like**) an expandable folder - like this: https://www.staples.ca/products/714109-en-pendaflex-earthwise-recycled-file-pocket-legal-expanding-wallet-with-flap-3-pack

Most office stores should have them,I've seen them at the dollarstores before as well. Walmart probably has them too.

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
Personally it seems like total overkill. I mean, the instructions make no mention about any of the stuff that OP did. I highly doubt your application will be treated differently just because it's shinier.
I agree. Our full packet prepared by our lawyer was 50 pages. This is total overkill (and part of the old process).

Reactions: expatgoingback

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
It does not matter which type of envelope you are using.
Strictly follow checklist and that is enough.

There is 1 form where it says that "I am signing electronically " where you have to write your name. Do not forget hand written signature because many people got their application back due to this mistake.

Reactions: expatgoingback