Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Can someone explain how they organized the new application before submitting?

Sharonafeder

Feb 7, 2017
Hi, thanks for posting.

I am preparing an outland application to sponsor my husband and our children. Your post was very useful as I am also not employed right now.
Im raising our children and my husband is the main breadwinner. I looking for work for when we arrive in Canada, as who knows who will find work first!
So I will be writing a formal letter and including letters from family and colleges in Canada, who will support us financially and otherwise.

Im curious about what you chose to send to prove your relationship authenticity. I understand from the forms that I can include a rental agreement with both our names and a utilities bill.
I had not thought it would be necessary (since we are married and live together and are raising our children) to include pictures, correspondence etc

Do you have any information about that?

Thanks

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
canadiantica15 said:
Can someone explain how they organized the new application before submitting?
Im in the process of organizing my application here are the main context

Envelope # 1
Part A Forms
Document Checklist
Sponsor
Sponsored person (principal applicant)

Envelope # 2
Part B Supporting Documents
Document Checklist
Sponsor

Envelope # 3
Document Checklist
Open Work Permit

hope it helps...

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Polar, I am going through the application process. I just received the invitation to apply yesterday.

Can I Skype you or something? A bit overwhelmed with the process and I am working outside of home country (no access to certain paperwork required).

-HK

polar25 said:
Im in the process of organizing my application here are the main context

Envelope # 1
Part A Forms
Document Checklist
Sponsor

Envelope # 2
Part B Supporting Documents
Document Checklist
Sponsor

Envelope # 3
Document Checklist
Open Work Permit

hope it helps...

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
limhockkiong said:
Polar, I am going through the application process. I just received the invitation to apply yesterday.

Can I Skype you or something? A bit overwhelmed with the process and I am working outside of home country (no access to certain paperwork required).

-HK
i recommend read a lot in this forum it will really helps you to organized your application
hope this help

DylB

Oct 13, 2016
Hi guys, I haven't managed to read this entire thread but was hoping that someone could help me with my unique situation. I am adding my spouse to my application for express entry. The online application wants proof of payment for my RPRF and application for permanent residence. However, I cannot figure out how to pay online. Previously I uploaded all the documents and then pressed continue which lead me to the payment options. This tome they want me to upload proof of payment.

I thought that a solution might be that instead of uploading proof of payment, that I upload a letter stating that I cannot find our how to pay online and then press continue which may lead me to the next page with payment options.

If anyone can assist I would be greatly appreciative. I am truly stuck.

ali khalid

Star Member
May 4, 2017
hi there . as you have done a fantastic job there . which really is impressive . we have a case here . my wife wants to sponsor me , we currently live in pakistan . we got married a few months back . as she doesnt have any job , is it possible that our case can be approved . iam an orthodontist , did my bachelors in dentistry . and i would me extremely happy , if you could guide me step wise in preparing our case .

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
There are videos on the CIC website that guide you step by step in how to complete the forms and organize the packet. The written version is also there, in case you prefer written rather than video.
I found it very helpful. There is even a list of most common mistakes made.

Socloseyetsofar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
There are videos on the CIC website that guide you step by step in how to complete the forms and organize the packet. The written version is also there, in case you prefer written rather than video.
Is there a link you can share? I can't seem to find the vids

Rinner

Jun 29, 2016
I would also love a link... can't seem to find it either.

warriorprince

Aug 17, 2012
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017; 05-06-2017
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
30-10-2017

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Plan to send off my outland common law sponsorship application in the next 10 days or so and am interested how everyone organized theirs (as this thread mainly relates to the old format).

Initial thoughts are;

Part A in one envelope (as per checklist order)
Part B in one envelope (as per checklist order)
Third envelope with supporting documents for sponsor, PA and family members (as per checklist order)
Fourth envelope with all other evidence (wedding invites, skype history, chat logs, hotel bookings etc) organized by a contents page

How did everyone else do theirs?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Note to anyone on this thread getting ready to send their application (at least for family class sponsorship) there is an updated version of the checklist. They will still accept applications made using the old checklists until July 15, 2017.

New checklist does seem a smidgen easier to follow and figure out what you have to send.

Reactions: nanaz

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
Some helpful tips/ info which I have gathered from this forum in all the months of researching and asking questions:

1. No staplers!No bookbinding! Use paperclips or binder clips instead

2. Use tabs and table of contents for better organization

3. Follow checklist for the order of documents

4. Immigrant photos – do not attach on forms, put in small envelope and paperclip to the forms
- It is unclear whether to label 1 photo only among the 9, or label all the nine, so what I did is to provde two sets, one set with only one labeled photo fo the 9, and second set with all 9 photos labeled at the back. I provided an explanation for this, and told them to feel free to discard whchever set will not be used.

5. Letters / Greeting cards – ok to send originals, but ok also to scan, just explain why u are not sending originals

6. Photos – ok to print on photo paper, ok also to print on bond paper with several photos per sheet, with captions (when, where, who is in the photo, who took it, event)

7. Other documents like receipts, etc – ok to paste on paper, ok also to scan and print

8. PDF forms – ok to handwrite when filling up but preferred and better to type it

9. Letters and emails – unofficial translations – this is still a gray area, but presumed ok to be translated unofficialy (by ourselves or family member) just explain this fact and indicate that if they deem it necessary to have official translations then u can provide later on.

10. On the forms, Given name includes Middle Names if you have one (mother's maiden surname) and u may still use your maiden name (if u r married) on the forms. I just checked yes on "other names used" and included my married name.

11. Paper to use – doesnt matter. But we used 8.5x11 for the forms (this is the default in the pdf files) and used A4 for proof of relationship or other additional sheets (coz we have plenty of A4 stocked at home)

12. Any additonal sheet we attached, we put the name of sponsored person, date of birth, name of form, question number and the question being answered

13. Fees- preferred method – Bank or Online? I have read many problems encountered with online payment so I went with bank payment. I ordered the receipt form online.

14. Mailing: you can mail through Canada post or through courier:
if we mail it through good 'ol post office, the address to mail it to is:
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

but if we send it using courier service, the address to send the application to is:
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

Addendum: no minimum req'd income for spouse sponsorship, u can even be unmeployed but shld not be receiving welfare. However, i provided an explanation that i am still searching for a job since I just got back and i will be employed soon. and i explained how am i going to manage for the meantime. I included letters frm my parents and in laws That they are willing to support me for the meantime and from my cousin in Calgary that they will let me stay with them, free food, lodging and utilities until i get a job and afford to have my own place :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Very informative!!! Thank you! This so much a lot for us, We are on going preparing all the documents for spousal sponsorship too. God bless!