30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Decoy24601 said:
You don't need either of those forms since you don't have kids and you aren't common-law. The additional dependents form is if there isn't enough room on the main form that you list dependents.

In the sponsor's documents, IMM5540E has a question that asks if the sponsor has kids. That's where you would declare the sponsor's child.
THank you so much i really appreciate this.. If you can help with this question too, am a bit at loss as to how to put my pictures, what would you suggest, should I just but the printed pictures which are quite a lot and would be bulky or is there a less bulky way I could do it. Thanks for the help

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
lankyprince said:
THank you so much i really appreciate this.. If you can help with this question too, am a bit at loss as to how to put my pictures, what would you suggest, should I just but the printed pictures which are quite a lot and would be bulky or is there a less bulky way I could do it. Thanks for the help
A lot of people print out multiple pictures on a single sheet of regular printer paper. You can insert pictures into a word document and write captions below them if you'd like.

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Decoy24601 said:
A lot of people print out multiple pictures on a single sheet of regular printer paper. You can insert pictures into a word document and write captions below them if you'd like.
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will give that a try.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
lankyprince said:
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will give that a try.
Someone who used to be an immigration officer advised me to keep the application package concise and not put in hundred's of pages. Remember, they are trying to see 1) if your relationship developed according to the norms in your customs (or mix of cultures) 2) there is evidence of relationship

I would suggest no more than 50 pages of photos....you can always indicate on the section "More available on request" and be strategic in what you include (i.e. pictures of you doing things together, pictures showing you with other people in family / friends, pictures that signify relationship (i.e. wedding, engagement, home you share, etc)

Of course in the end it is up to you.

Take care,

C

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
chilkootcee said:
Someone who used to be an immigration officer advised me to keep the application package concise and not put in hundred's of pages. Remember, they are trying to see 1) if your relationship developed according to the norms in your customs (or mix of cultures) 2) there is evidence of relationship

I would suggest no more than 50 pages of photos....you can always indicate on the section "More available on request" and be strategic in what you include (i.e. pictures of you doing things together, pictures showing you with other people in family / friends, pictures that signify relationship (i.e. wedding, engagement, home you share, etc)

Of course in the end it is up to you.

Take care,

C
Thanks very much for the advice, I will keep it concise and straight forward,last thing we want is to stress the VO Lol. I do have a few questions if you may (1) Am I to put the original copy of my marriage certificate? or photocopy. (2) Do I include the forms that are not applicable to me and write N/A or just not put them along the application? Thanks

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
lankyprince said:
(1) Am I to put the original copy of my marriage certificate? or photocopy.

(2) Do I include the forms that are not applicable to me and write N/A or just not put them along the application? Thanks
1 - it may depend on the requirements in the forms that are completed according to your country of residence (not citizenship). So read the application guide carefully and also the IMM39XX forms for your country of residence. There are multiple references sometimes to the format of specific documents.

2 - do not include the forms, but clearly write "Not applicable" on the document checklists

C.

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
chilkootcee said:
1 - it may depend on the requirements in the forms that are completed according to your country of residence (not citizenship). So read the application guide carefully and also the IMM39XX forms for your country of residence. There are multiple references sometimes to the format of specific documents.

2 - do not include the forms, but clearly write "Not applicable" on the document checklists

C.
Thanks for the info and God bless

uzmi

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 march 2016
AOR Received.
16 april 2016
File Transfer...
17 may 2016
Med's Done....
12 feb 2016
Passport Req..
12 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
20 September 2016
LANDED..........
15 dec 2016
Thank you so much :)!!! Because of ur awesomely organization skills we could do ours a lot more easier, ur post helped so many a lot!.. tried to follow each and everything as closely as possible and finally we managed to prepare a good complete applicatiion package!
i filed it on march 17,2016 and rest happened step by step. As per latest update, On 13th may received an email from New Delhi VO regarding landing fee and pcc.
and now eagerly waiting for NEXT STEP..! HOPE to hear the good news soon :)

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
Cal978 said:
This could be any extended explanations to support your answers from the form, additional sheets can be photos, phone records, email exchanges between you and your partner/spouse, travel tickets and hotel receipts, letters from people who know that your relationship is genuine and continuing. Any documentary evidence that would help support the fact that you and your partner/spouse are in a real genuine and continuing relationship.
Sorry but I just saw this (Q&A) and we have already got everything ready in the Proof of Relationship (pictures, FB screenshots, emails, etc), which is all a part of the sponsored persons section. Do we have to put it in twice, once in the sponsors section and one in the sponsored person. I thought I was done, ready to send it out then I see that little bit written at the bottom of 5540. Since it's not an actual question, we can't just answer it or write 'see additional paper'. I hope that make sense, this whole thing is confusing.

danby_ll

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
SA 07-09-2016 / AOR2 14-09-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Passport Req..
12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I want to make a table of contents with page numbers for each page in the application.

However, how can I number the pages? It's not okay to write a page number on the forms, right? Should I use a stick-on tab for every single page?
Or can I put pages numbers in the table of contents without actually writing numbers on the pages and the officer can figure it out?

Please answer!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
danby_ll said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I want to make a table of contents with page numbers for each page in the application.

However, how can I number the pages? It's not okay to write a page number on the forms, right? Should I use a stick-on tab for every single page?
Or can I put pages numbers in the table of contents without actually writing numbers on the pages and the officer can figure it out?

Please answer!
I had the misfortune of having my application returned for incorrect fee's. What I did get a chance to see was what happens to all that work we put into fancy organizational skills. They strip it all away. Then they organize it into sponsor, applicant and proof of relationship. They move different papers to where they like them. A table of contents would get put aside. Organise it neatly in three big envelopes.

danby_ll

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
SA 07-09-2016 / AOR2 14-09-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Passport Req..
12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
Sous02 said:
I had the misfortune of having my application returned for incorrect fee's. What I did get a chance to see was what happens to all that work we put into fancy organizational skills. They strip it all away. Then they organize it into sponsor, applicant and proof of relationship. They move different papers to where they like them. A table of contents would get put aside. Organise it neatly in three big envelopes.
Thanks so much for the advice! I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
When I sent my application I organized it into 4 large envelopes 1 Sponsors forms and supporting documents 2 Spouse forms and supporting documents 3 Proof of relationship 4 Copies of invoices of trips to and from Cuba On each envelope I printed the form numbers so who ever looked at it could see immediately what was in the envelope.

fyblais

May 31, 2016
Hello pelipeli,
Thanks so much for this guide. On your pictures it is not possible to read the details about what is written on the the table of contents. Can you please write the names of the different titles and columns? Thank you!

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Hey guys am almost done with my application. just a few stuff left,i have some questions, i now have left my envelop 3 to arrange and I was wondering how to go about my tickets and receipts of our time together. Do I just add the original copies or scan them or make copies ,secondly should I write to explain each and everyone of the tickets and stuff or would it be better if I put all the original tickets and receipts and write an explanation on a separate sheet showing there use and time. OK am confused help.