+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? (Maybe?!)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
six or seven years back, there was a "licensed" agent who came to our university saying their company can help smart students get accepted to top colleges in Canada. following that, selected students gave our essays, school transcripts, and copies of passports (with the passport, and the passport was returned to us after 2weeks). We have not heard from the company ever since... and this has me worried!! Could they really have applied????
A couple of points:
1. No agent would have applied without fees (consultant fees, visa processing fee, etc). If you haven't paid anything, you can assume s/he has not applied on your behalf.

2. You would also have to sign a 'Use of Representative' form authorizing the agent to apply on your behalf. If, you did not sign this form, well....

neba

May 24, 2017
A couple of points:
1. No agent would have applied without fees (consultant fees, visa processing fee, etc). If you haven't paid anything, you can assume s/he has not applied on your behalf.

2. You would also have to sign a 'Use of Representative' form authorizing the agent to apply on your behalf. If, you did not sign this form, well....
Oh, good. In that case, I will rest on the first one as I have not paid any fees... Im not confident on the 2nd one tho, because i think lots of signatures can be faked.... thanx a lot :) this truly helps :)

Nov 8, 2017
Hi

I previously submitted an express entry profile which was denied as we did not have enough settlement funds. I have since revoked my profile and I am now applying for a visitor visa (on my new profile) to visit family in Canada. Should I indicate "YES" when answering the "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" Will you be penalised for a visitor visa if you have applied for express entry before?

Thanks

naina17955

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,
I had an express entry pool which is now expired. I never got ITA as my score is low.
Should I answer yes for the question?

Thanks in advance
Hi sgsiri, would like to ask if you answered YES or NO in teh abckground question, since i am in same situation and had already withdrawn my express entry profile.

progrey

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
Hi sgsiri, would like to ask if you answered YES or NO in teh abckground question, since i am in same situation and had already withdrawn my express entry profile.
I have applied for a study permit but also have an EE profile and a valid Canadian TRV. I am in the US working on a H1B. 9 years back I was denied a US B1/B2, later got it, then a student visa and H1b as well. I have disclosed all of this.

I have disclosed my Canadian TRV under the question - "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" Since I don't have an invite to apply for PR, and the question asks whether I have previously applied, I provided information only about my valid TRV and not the express entry profile.

Seeing that someone's study permit application got denied cos of lack of disclosure, I am wondering what is the best way to communicate to CIC that I have an active EE profile. Or do I need to at all? Should I act when I still have time? My application is still under process. Any advice would be useful?

This person's application got denied so it made made me wonder -- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-got-refused-due-to-not-declaring-prior-immigration-application.574619/

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have applied for a study permit but also have an EE profile and a valid Canadian TRV. I am in the US working on a H1B. 9 years back I was denied a US B1/B2, later got it, then a student visa and H1b as well. I have disclosed all of this.

I have disclosed my Canadian TRV under the question - "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" Since I don't have an invite to apply for PR, and the question asks whether I have previously applied, I provided information only about my valid TRV and not the express entry profile.

Seeing that someone's study permit application got denied cos of lack of disclosure, I am wondering what is the best way to communicate to CIC that I have an active EE profile. Or do I need to at all? Should I act when I still have time? My application is still under process. Any advice would be useful?

This person's application got denied so it made made me wonder -- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-got-refused-due-to-not-declaring-prior-immigration-application.574619/
Did you diacldis ur EE profile ? Were u granted the visa ? Please update us !

Jarocho

Feb 15, 2019
Help! Have you previously applied to enter or stay in Canada? (Maybe?!)

Dear experts, I have two questions;
1) With her first Eta in 2017, my mom visited us in Canada for 6 months (September 2017 - March 2018) + 2 more months (April - May 2018) with an "Application to extend my stay as a Visitor "approved.

Now I am filling the application to extend the stay of my mother as a visitor for 3 months (March - May 2019) beyond the allowed 6 months (August - February 2019), she has a valid passport and her second Eta (the first Eta expired when their last passport expired).

The answer to "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" for this application should be "Yes or No"?

2) If "YES" what kind of details should I include in the explanation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Help! Have you previously applied to enter or stay in Canada? (Maybe?!)

Dear experts, I have two questions;
1) With her first Eta in 2017, my mom visited us in Canada for 6 months (September 2017 - March 2018) + 2 more months (April - May 2018) with an "Application to extend my stay as a Visitor "approved.

Now I am filling the application to extend the stay of my mother as a visitor for 3 months (March - May 2019) beyond the allowed 6 months (August - February 2019), she has a valid passport and her second Eta (the first Eta expired when their last passport expired).

The answer to "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?" for this application should be "Yes or No"?

2) If "YES" what kind of details should I include in the explanation?
She must answer 'Yes' and give the details of her previous eTA + previous passport

Reactions: Jarocho

Jarocho

Feb 15, 2019
She must answer 'Yes' and give the details of her previous eTA + previous passport
Thanks for the answer, now I would appreciate if you answered the following question:

Should we use in this new application the same UCI / IUC number that was assigned when they approved the first "Application to Extend the Stay of as a visitor ....." that we entered in 2018? or do I leave it blank?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the answer, now I would appreciate if you answered the following question:

Should we use in this new application the same UCI / IUC number that was assigned when they approved the first "Application to Extend the Stay of as a visitor ....." that we entered in 2018? or do I leave it blank?
Yes, the same UCI number

Reactions: Jarocho

dani99

Feb 19, 2019
Dear expert
I am applying for tourist visa for me and my family.
In regard to this question
Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?.
I have been in Canada on work permit for 4 years long time ago : 1997-2000.
Never visited Canada since 2000

Shall i answer yes or no?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear expert
I am applying for tourist visa for me and my family.
In regard to this question
Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?.
I have been in Canada on work permit for 4 years long time ago : 1997-2000.
Never visited Canada since 2000

Shall i answer yes or no?
Answer is 'Yes'..... You had applied to previously enter + you remained in Canada, for four years, on a work permit. You need to give those details in your application