+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? (Maybe?!)

Braveheart613

Aug 7, 2018
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Hello Seniors, I need help in TRV for visitors visa form.

I am applying for tourist visa for my Mother.

In regard to this question at page 4 of 5 of the form Question #2 c):

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

My mother was refused on her TRV visitors visa application last year June 2018

Should I answer Yes or No to this question?

Thanking you in advance :)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello Seniors, I need help in TRV for visitors visa form.

I am applying for tourist visa for my Mother.

In regard to this question at page 4 of 5 of the form Question #2 c):

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

My mother was refused on her TRV visitors visa application last year June 2018

Should I answer Yes or No to this question?

Thanking you in advance :)

She applied to enter Canada, so you say yes to this question.

May 8, 2019
Hi, help please to find out the decision. I am applying to visitor visa
1) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?
In 2015 I was refused in work visa to Poland, but then in 2016 I received it, and in 2019 I got refuse to visitor visa to Canada. Should I write about Poland?

2) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
As I wrote in 2019 I got refuse for visitor visa to Canada. Also I had an Express Entry profile which was expired and I want to create a new one. Should I answer YES or NO?

Thank you in advance!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi, help please to find out the decision. I am applying to visitor visa
1) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?
In 2015 I was refused in work visa to Poland, but then in 2016 I received it, and in 2019 I got refuse to visitor visa to Canada. Should I write about Poland?

2) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
As I wrote in 2019 I got refuse for visitor visa to Canada. Also I had an Express Entry profile which was expired and I want to create a new one. Should I answer YES or NO?

Thank you in advance!
1. You have to tell that about any and all denials to any country. So yes, you have to tell them that you were refused a work permit in Poland. You can also write in the LoE that you did get the work permit the next year. It's not a big deal. And of course you have to tell them about Canada refusing your visa.

2. You have to say yes since you applied to enter Canada as a visitor. Express Entry profile won't count, but the tourist visa application will.

May 8, 2019
1. You have to tell that about any and all denials to any country. So yes, you have to tell them that you were refused a work permit in Poland. You can also write in the LoE that you did get the work permit the next year. It's not a big deal. And of course you have to tell them about Canada refusing your visa.

2. You have to say yes since you applied to enter Canada as a visitor. Express Entry profile won't count, but the tourist visa application will.

Oh, you even cant imagine how I am grateful for so quick answer :) Yes in the application form there is small place to explain. I used maximum for explaining.
I wrote this:
''I got refuse for work visa to Poland,when I applied in Ukraine in 15.09.2015.I apllied again and received work visa in 15.03.2016. I got refuse for visitor visa to Canada, 15.04.2019.''

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Oh, you even cant imagine how I am grateful for so quick answer :) Yes in the application form there is small place to explain. I used maximum for explaining.
I wrote this:
''I got refuse for work visa to Poland,when I applied in Ukraine in 15.09.2015.I apllied again and received work visa in 15.03.2016. I got refuse for visitor visa to Canada, 15.04.2019.''
If you need more space you can include a letter of explanation, and in the form write "See attached letter of explanation"

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I wrote this:
What were the reasons for denial of your previous Canadian visa application? Have you been able to resolve those concerns? If not, applying again so quickly may well result in another denial.

May 8, 2019
What were the reasons for denial of your previous Canadian visa application? Have you been able to resolve those concerns? If not, applying again so quickly may well result in another denial.
They have doubts about my employment prospects and current conditions of work. I change letter from employer, the employer showed that he is waiting for me back and my salary and post will be safed and I am valuable employee and we will sign new contract for nearest 3 yeasr and so on.

And second I didnt add marriage certificate and officer had doubts that I will come back to Poland.

May 8, 2019
If you need more space you can include a letter of explanation, and in the form write "See attached letter of explanation"

Ok thanks I wrote explanation letter, where I explain that I didnt broken visa any visa rules. But I suppose I have to add more information about refuse to POland.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
They have doubts about my employment prospects and current conditions of work. I change letter from employer, the employer showed that he is waiting for me back and my salary and post will be safed and I am valuable employee and we will sign new contract for nearest 3 yeasr and so on.

And second I didnt add marriage certificate and officer had doubts that I will come back to Poland.
K, as long as you have addressed their concerns. Good luck.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Unfortunately, my Mom was refused again for the 2nd time. There's more reason why the officer refused her application than last time. I think we better wait another year again to re apply.
What are the reasons for denial? Simply waiting a year won't solve it - your next application needs to also address the reasons why she was denied twice.

Braveheart613

Aug 7, 2018
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
What are the reasons for denial? Simply waiting a year won't solve it - your next application needs to also address the reasons why she was denied twice.
Following are the reasons:
-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, based on your:
- Travel History
- Family Ties in Canada and in your country of residence
- The purpose of your visit
- Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
- Current employment situation
- Personal assets and financial status

My Mother is 65 years old, and never been employed. No Pension either. My brother gave her money to finance her travel. She went to middle east 2009 and China 2016. Her purpose of visit is for tourism and to visit her family. We didn't ask help for any travel agencies as it is expensive. I did all the paper works myself.

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Hello! So I'm applying for a study permit and obviously have to answer this question in my application.
I had applied for EE a year ago and am still in the pool (profile about to expire end of month).
1) Do I withdraw my profile ?
2) Should I answer - Yes or No ?
Thanks in advance :)