+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helican - Study Permit Questions and Answers

Niru424

Jan 30, 2018
Dear all,
I am writing from India, I have applied for Doctoral program in water science (4years) in INRS Quebec, got university acceptance letter. I applied my visa (Dec 20th 2017). I have submitted all my check list documents. My application rejected (29th Jan).
I have above 60% from 10th to M.tech (chemical engineering), I have worked in HINDUSTAN petroleum R&D for 4.5 years.
Reason: "Other reasons" it says, given your academic performance, your language ability in specific bands and considering your proposed course of study, travel history, ties to your home country.
As am going to doctoral program, ILETs not required it seems, becoz my frnds got visa. And my entry in Jan so it's late also but university ppl ready to take me. What may be the reason kindly help me friends. I have very less time too.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Yes i am following the whole process. I didn't apply for caips after rejection 2014 beacuse I knew that i don't want to re apply with the same profile. and in 2017 i had to withdraw the application so it wasn't a rejection and a caips can't be ordered for that. I am going for a 2-year diploma because Post graduation courses are not available in Aviation.

Thank you so much for your reply. appreciate it. Thanks again.
rejection are not only for profiles or program selected. It could be anything. It is always better to request it before applying. you will spend $150 as feed for study permit. Spend more $16. wont do any harm.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
@Helican Please, after been denied before, If reapplying again and filling the IMM1294 form of the Application for study permit made outside of Canada, do i need to input the previous UCI number or should I leave it blank for a new regeneration of a new UCI number by the visa office??
UCI# always remain the same. The application# which starts with S keep changing with a new application. You can put that number over there.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Dear all,
I am writing from India, I have applied for Doctoral program in water science (4years) in INRS Quebec, got university acceptance letter. I applied my visa (Dec 20th 2017). I have submitted all my check list documents. My application rejected (29th Jan).
I have above 60% from 10th to M.tech (chemical engineering), I have worked in HINDUSTAN petroleum R&D for 4.5 years.
Reason: "Other reasons" it says, given your academic performance, your language ability in specific bands and considering your proposed course of study, travel history, ties to your home country.
As am going to doctoral program, ILETs not required it seems, becoz my frnds got visa. And my entry in Jan so it's late also but university ppl ready to take me. What may be the reason kindly help me friends. I have very less time too.
Do you have any letter from the university which says that they have waived IELTS or it is not required at all. Is your offer conditional?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello helican! Kindly explain what this GCMS NOTE is saying -

" After careful review of the application and supporting documents provided. Applicant appears to have limited travels which could demonstrate a history of having travelled and returned.
Is being sponsored by third party, Limited evidence of relationship on file and evidence of personal financial establishment is weak.
I am not satisfied that applicant will have sufficient available funds for tuition and upkeep during first year of studies in Canada. Based on the evidence provided I am not satisfied application is a genuine student who intends to complete course of study in Canada and should depart at the end of the authorized stay."

I hope to hear from you
Travel history - have you ever traveled outside your country? may be no. 2nd thing sponsor - what did you submit? Affidavit to show that he/she is your relative?? Did you tell them that you have a backup plan incase if the sponsor is not able to fund in future. Honestly, even if you have a relative sponsor, I believe it is always good to show that in his absence, your parents will also jump in to help.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi Helican,

Present status for my study visa application since I applied on 3rd of May:

You have passed your medical exams.
We are processing my background check. We will send you a message if need more information.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibilty requirements.

Pls which stage am I and what does this mean?
May 2017???

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Is there any chance for me to get the course I need....like even I heard there are some foundation maths courses u can take up while going through the program if my marks are little less..
I think it should be ok to get an offer from college. after that it is very very important that you provide explanation in your SOP.

Last edited:

Niru424

Jan 30, 2018
Do you have any letter from the university which says that they have waived IELTS or it is not required at all. Is your offer conditional?
Hi Helican,
Presently I don't have any letter from university which says particularly about ILETs and all. But my question is after reviewing my profile university is agreed to give me doctoral course with fully tution fees wavier+monthly stipend. They said as you done 12th,Bachelors&Masters in English it's enough to prove your linguistic competence. But I requested them to give a letter saying that ILETs is not mandatory for the course which I opted for my studies. (For your info in that particular institute 90%ppl in the PhD course students not even taken ILETs)

Thanks for your support and time. Expecting your comment on this.thanks in advance.

Osebella

Jan 23, 2018
my mistake. I meant I applied 3rd Jan 2018. My status has finally got updated. We regret to inform you that you did not meet the eligibility requirements. A final decision has been made.
You passed your medical.
Background check completed.
Refused. Pls kindly advise next line of action.

Chase2017

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hey helcan,
It's been 2months since I applied but I haven't got any thing yet . According to you what I should do? Please advise I really appreciate it

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi Helican,
Presently I don't have any letter from university which says particularly about ILETs and all. But my question is after reviewing my profile university is agreed to give me doctoral course with fully tution fees wavier+monthly stipend. They said as you done 12th,Bachelors&Masters in English it's enough to prove your linguistic competence. But I requested them to give a letter saying that ILETs is not mandatory for the course which I opted for my studies. (For your info in that particular institute 90%ppl in the PhD course students not even taken ILETs)

Thanks for your support and time. Expecting your comment on this.thanks in advance.
Yes, there are universitied who waive the language requirement but you will be able to find this info on their site. If they dont give you the letter you can still print the info from their site and attach it with your application. What is the university name?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hey helcan,
It's been 2months since I applied but I haven't got any thing yet . According to you what I should do? Please advise I really appreciate it
Unfortunately, you cant do anything except waiting. What is the average time for your country?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
my mistake. I meant I applied 3rd Jan 2018. My status has finally got updated. We regret to inform you that you did not meet the eligibility requirements. A final decision has been made.
You passed your medical.
Background check completed.
Refused. Pls kindly advise next line of action.
thats really sad! Did you get the refusal letter? What is written in it?

Niru424

Jan 30, 2018
Yes, there are universitied who waive the language requirement but you will be able to find this info on their site. If they dont give you the letter you can still print the info from their site and attach it with your application. What is the university name?
Thank you very much for info Helican,
Today they sent me there guidelines wrt language proficiency, it's clearly mentioned that, if a student with Masters applied for the Doctoral program selection committee of the university will decide whether he is eligible or not. In that case I passed through all those formalities. Kindly tell me that guideline document having total 8 pages incuinclu other info is it advisable to submit everything or shall I take which is related to me.
And kindly suggest me