+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helican - Study Permit Questions and Answers

a_k98

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi helican
My university is in Ottawa , but I want to land in Vancouver first because my relatives are in Vancouver so I want to stay there for 10-12 days and after that I'll book my flight for Ottawa.
Is it ok if my port entry is in Vancover rather than Toronto ?because some people are saying that u can not land in Vancouver first because your university is in ontario.
please tell me so that I can book my flight accordingly.
Secondly, I want to know that how early I can enter canada as my classes deferred to September intake.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi helican
My university is in Ottawa , but I want to land in Vancouver first because my relatives are in Vancouver so I want to stay there for 10-12 days and after that I'll book my flight for Ottawa.
Is it ok if my port entry is in Vancover rather than Toronto ?because some people are saying that u can not land in Vancouver first because your university is in ontario.
please tell me so that I can book my flight accordingly.
Secondly, I want to know that how early I can enter canada as my classes deferred to September intake.
Honestly, if I was in your place I wont do that. It may have worked for few people in the past but then there were also few who had to provide a lot of explanation at the airport as to why they landed in a different province. Not sure if they had landed too early..

a_k98

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if I was in your place I wont do that. It may have worked for few people in the past but then there were also few who had to provide a lot of explanation at the airport as to why they landed in a different province. Not sure if they had landed too early..
Ok thankyou
Is it ok to land in toronto first as my university is in ottawa?
And can i stay in toronto for first 10-12 days? because my classes will start from the first week of september

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Ok thankyou
Is it ok to land in toronto first as my university is in ottawa?
And can i stay in toronto for first 10-12 days? because my classes will start from the first week of september
I think it should be ok.

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
Hi Helican...
Im 37 yrs old Sri lankan and currently working as a bank manager.
education background
1996-O/L - 8 Distinctions
1999-A/L- A- Bus. statistics, B - Bus. studiws C- Accounting & Economics
1999-2001- Involved in Chess activities. Got the FIDE international arbiter title and represented Sri Lanka as the coach for the Asian Juniors.
2001- joined to a local bank and completed the certificate course in banking & finance in 2004.
2006- got the promotion to officer grade and completed 6 modules out of 8 in the diploma in banking by 2009.
2010-2011- went to Uk & completed a Master of business administration.
2012-2014- worked for a money exchange in Uk under the post study work visa and returned to SL in feb 2014
2014 may to Jan 2015- marketing executive at a finance company
2015 Feb- Assistant branch manager at a bank
2016 Mar- Assistant branch manager at another bank for a higher salary.
2017 May- got promoted as the branch manager in the same place
Ielts- L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-6.5 OV- 7.5
Finance - Im gojng to sell my car immediately 32000 CAD. under mother in law 9000CAD & another 4000 CAD under my mothers name. the moniea which is under my mother and mother in law belongs to me but I have put it under them to get the senior citizen special interest rate.

No gaps. after schooling i was invol ed in chess and then emploed at a bank. studied while working. then 2 yrs as a full time student in uk and again working. i can highlighted that i have achieved success through the UK MBA and require additional konqlwdgw to move up the ladder in the banking induatry.

Im planning to enrol for a Post grad dip in financial analysis where defeneitely it would be an advantage for my banking career.

I hav a family with 2 daughters 4yrs & 2yrs. initially planning to apply alone and to take them later.

1.Im planning to process my application on my own and what do u think about my chances of getting the Visa. and ur advice.

2. Is ok to mention that the Fixed deposits under my mother and in law are mine or shall i juat get a letter saying that they r going to sponsor.

Asifa123

Jan 31, 2018
hey i got rejection as i didnt submit SOP , so they mentioned that i will not leave canada after my studies.i also didnt submit affidavits ,i will reapply but need suggestions to make my SOP strong.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi helican
Can we do immigration procedures at any airport in Canada?or it is mandatory to land in Toronto first ?
where exactly is your college/uni and where you want to land?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
My college is in Ottawa nd I want to land in Ottawa.
Is it ok to land in Ottawa directly or o have to land in toronto first ?
Of course you can land in Ottawa. There is no need to go to Toronto at all.

Bhenny

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Helican,
I applied for my study permit last year June 10 for Sept intake but it was delayed so I had to defer to Jan for winter but still got nothing from the embassy. It was until I met with a visa officer at an Educanada fair which is very rare cuz it only happens once a year.. So I explained to her and she said she'll look into it so the next week I got a message in my portal asking for