+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helican - Study Permit Questions and Answers

Audi_A3

Jan 11, 2018
Your profile is good. If you have not applied yet, then PLEASE attend IELTS again. You need to have atleast 6 in each band. All your scores are good. dont let the writing score ruin it.
But one of my friend with similar IELTS score and Also he was having backlog got the visa recently.

a_k98

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
keep checking your email. they will send it. Don't worry even if you dont receive it. There are lot of students who didnt receive it but did not face any problem at the airport.
Thankyou and can u please tell me what is welcome letter ?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
But one of my friend with similar IELTS score and Also he was having backlog got the visa recently.
Yes, I agree that there are lot of students who got visa with that band but there are many more who have been rejected because of a 5.5 band.

Trsh

Jan 15, 2018
Hi
I had applied to humber college for global business management and got rejected.

Reasons for rejection
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects or plans.

BBA- 2.9
Ielts 7 each band not less than 6
Work experience- assistant accountant
Have education loan and financial documents
Future plan - expand fathers business and in my sop i also included import export so that it would match with my course

I dont know why my visa got rejected. I am for the may intake and i dont have time to order the report as well. Can you guide me? What should i do?

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, I had been accepted into college for Jan 2018 intake. When I filed my Visa in Oct 17, I was asked to proceed for further medical test by embassy for TB. My result is due to come on 25 January and im optimistic that it shall be good. Since im already late to join January session I had got my admission deferred to same course in May 2018 intake and transferred my fees as well. My old application is still in process and with embassy awaiting my further medical report. My questions are as below

1. Once medical report is obtained, how do I go about updating embassy that I've enrolled for new dates in same course. Can this be done on top of same old application.

2. Will I need to provide all docs again.

3. Will I need to file a new application. I do not wish for my old application to get rejected as it carries a bad burden alongiwith.

Really look forward to some inputs

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hey
Can I know how I can inform cic about my defer course my file still in process i applied online
It is not mandatory to do so but you can send them a case specific enquiry informing about the deferral or you can also email the visa office. Email addresses for the visa offices are available on the CIC site.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi
I had applied to humber college for global business management and got rejected.

Reasons for rejection
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects or plans.

BBA- 2.9
Ielts 7 each band not less than 6
Work experience- assistant accountant
Have education loan and financial documents
Future plan - expand fathers business and in my sop i also included import export so that it would match with my course

I dont know why my visa got rejected. I am for the may intake and i dont have time to order the report as well. Can you guide me? What should i do?
You are working in accounts and doing gobal business mgmt. Why not something specifically in accounts or finance??? is this accounts job in your father's business???

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi, I had been accepted into college for Jan 2018 intake. When I filed my Visa in Oct 17, I was asked to proceed for further medical test by embassy for TB. My result is due to come on 25 January and im optimistic that it shall be good. Since im already late to join January session I had got my admission deferred to same course in May 2018 intake and transferred my fees as well. My old application is still in process and with embassy awaiting my further medical report. My questions are as below

1. Once medical report is obtained, how do I go about updating embassy that I've enrolled for new dates in same course. Can this be done on top of same old application.

2. Will I need to provide all docs again.

3. Will I need to file a new application. I do not wish for my old application to get rejected as it carries a bad burden alongiwith.

Really look forward to some inputs
You cannot reapply unless the first application is closed. It is not mandatory to inform them about the deferral but if you really want to inform them then email to the visa office or send a case specific enquiry. If the application is rejected then you definitely have to reapply with all the docs.

a_k98

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
keep checking your email. they will send it. Don't worry even if you dont receive it. There are lot of students who didnt receive it but did not face any problem at the airport.
Hi helican

I want important information regarding medical .
my first study application was denied in may 2017 , now i got visa for jan intaje but deferred it to sep intake .My upfront medical is going to expire on 7 Feb ,2018 and i will enter canada in August.
so before entering canada I have to get a new medical test or not ?

a_k98

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi helican

I want important information regarding medical .
my first study application was denied in may 2017 , now i got visa for jan intaje but deferred it to sep intake .My upfront medical is going to expire on 7 Feb ,2018 and i will enter canada in August.
so before entering canada I have to get a new medical test or not ?
Plz reply

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Plz reply[/QUOTE

there are so many people who defer but never heard anybody doing medical test again. to do medical test, you will again have to follow the same process and you wont even get the report. goes directly to cic.

Vishal singh

Star Member
Dec 31, 2017
Dear helican , I am from india and got visa for canada january intake , but if I defered to September intake , can I visit dubai in mean time before going to canada ?
Or Will it effect my canada study visa?