+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I am in same boat... i got PPR on 16th Nov and i got married on 29th Nov.... raised a CES, waiting for reply... i have sent the passport on 8th Nov as i didn't heard any thing... but i have given a letter with my passport saying that i have got married and gave print outs of Marriage certificate and updated POF...

i have raised 3 CSE in total
1) 17th Nov saying that ill be getting married
2) 29th Nov saying that i m married
3) 7th Dec saying that i have sent the Passport as i didn't get any reply and my 30 days from PPR mail were about to get over

I already have Spouses POF in her bank account and some in my account
I already have PCC from UK for her and India PCC too
what should I do, do i need to be prepared with any other docs?

Visa Office - NDVO
Here's my experience:

Received 30 days passport requirement as Single Applicant & got married in between which was informed to CIC over the email. They extended the 30 days deadline to another 30 days (from date of wedding) asking to send updated documents for myself , spouse

Current situation - Haven't sent the docs yet as i am in the process of collecting them

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe you're stuck in a similar situation. Just that in my case we both hold the copr.

The option you have suggested could be evaluated but we intend doing a traditional marriage before leaving. Any idea if that is okay?

Best is go as single applicants and then get married in Canada Itself no need to come back... stay in live-in by that time

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
Yes, send the Webform. Start getting your partner's documents/forms/PCCs together, get her medical done. Have everything ready for when IRCC requests it. You will be required to return your COPR and passport for your documents to be re-issued. It will take several months for your partner to be added. Note that you CAN'T land in that time.
I am in weird situation. My CRS score is 441 and I might get an ITA soon. I am getting married in early Mar-2018. I know that if I get married after eAPR my CRS score won't be recalculated. I have all the documents except FBI PCC. It's taking nearly 3 months to get FBI PCC and I guess I might get it sometime in Feb-2018 or worst case in Mar-2018 (which is after my wedding). My doubt is can I submit the documents what I have with me right now and will it be considered as eAPR and will I receive AOR. And if I get married after that will my score be recalculated? Thank you.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Here's my experience:

Received 30 days passport requirement as Single Applicant & got married in between which was informed to CIC over the email. They extended the 30 days deadline to another 30 days (from date of wedding) asking to send updated documents for myself , spouse

Current situation - Haven't sent the docs yet as i am in the process of collecting them
Hello,

Even i got an email asking for the documents, collecting them now...
A question : I have been asked for Photos of Marriage and post marriage
Q1- what do they mean by post marriage?
Q2- how do i give the photos? scanned copied or jpg files direct from the camera?

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello,

Even i got an email asking for the documents, collecting them now...
A question : I have been asked for Photos of Marriage and post marriage
Q1- what do they mean by post marriage?
Q2- how do i give the photos? scanned copied or jpg files direct from the camera?
1. Pictures from honeymoon or any other trips taken together after marriage
2. Needs to be uploaded on your CIC Account (Scanned/Direct depends on the size limit - doesn't really matter though)

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
Received Passport Request for CoPR issuance.
As my spouse is in home country, replied them that spouse would like to submit passport in home country.

My timelines are in signature.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi Friends,

I have received email from CIC after I have informed them about my marriage. They have asked me to share further details regarding me and my spouse. I have following queries regarding the details that I need to share :

1. I have been asked to return my passport, which was stamped when I was not married, back to them. a. Where (VFS or else )do I need to submit my passport
b. how do I need to submit my passport for cancellation?
c. when should I submit it ? now or when I will hand them over my wife's passport along with mine.

2. In the new application form I have following 3 slots:
1. Kit, Application forms (required)
2. Proof of Relationship (required)
3. Proof of medical exam (required)
now my questions is where should I upload PCC and when should I upload PCC for spouse? will they ask for PCC later after reviewing the application?

3. When should I pay for my spouse fees ?

4. Not able to see the LOE upload slot among new slots, how can I upload Letter of explanation stating few of the details for my spouse travel history etc ?

5. There will be some delay in acquiring PCC from Saudi Arabia for my wife, can I explain this to CIC and will they allow extra time?

Thanks for your help!

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Friends,

I have received email from CIC after I have informed them about my marriage. They have asked me to share further details regarding me and my spouse. I have following queries regarding the details that I need to share :

1. I have been asked to return my passport, which was stamped when I was not married, back to them. a. Where (VFS or else )do I need to submit my passport
b. how do I need to submit my passport for cancellation?
c. when should I submit it ? now or when I will hand them over my wife's passport along with mine.

Take that letter and go to VFS. They will take the passport and send it to VO. You have to submit now, to cancel the existing PR Visa.

2. In the new application form I have following 3 slots:
1. Kit, Application forms (required)
2. Proof of Relationship (required)
3. Proof of medical exam (required)
now my questions is where should I upload PCC and when should I upload PCC for spouse? will they ask for PCC later after reviewing the application?

3. When should I pay for my spouse fees ?
Didn't they ask for spouse fee, strange? The document I received, they asked spouse fee and PCC as well.
You can pay the fee at "https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10070" and attach the PDF receipt in one of those section.

4. Not able to see the LOE upload slot among new slots, how can I upload Letter of explanation stating few of the details for my spouse travel history etc ?
You have to merge the docs with other PDF files.
5. There will be some delay in acquiring PCC from Saudi Arabia for my wife, can I explain this to CIC and will they allow extra time?
Probably yes. Apply immediately and explain in LOE.
Thanks for your help!

Oct 23, 2015
Hi,
Please help me with the following details as i'm not getting the forms with the link they have provided

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents: - an IMM8 Application form, a Schedule 1 Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse
- updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport
- trecent passport-size photographs(4 copies) of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate/ marriage registration
- a few wedding photographs
- police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
(see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information )
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp) Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

Also, my surname has changed after marriage, so i have new updated passport with the new name, So when i fill the forms for myself, should i use the new name or the old name used as primary applicant

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi,
Please help me with the following details as i'm not getting the forms with the link they have provided

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents: - an IMM8 Application form, a Schedule 1 Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse
- updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport
- trecent passport-size photographs(4 copies) of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate/ marriage registration
- a few wedding photographs
- police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
(see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information )
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp) Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

Also, my surname has changed after marriage, so i have new updated passport with the new name, So when i fill the forms for myself, should i use the new name or the old name used as primary applicant
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html
use the above link

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi Friends,

please answer:
1. Do we need to provide the notarized copy of birth certificate for the spouse?

2. I have recently got the birth certificate for the spouse from the Indian government body responsible for the Birth certificate. It is basically a printout of Birth certificate generated on the government website and it includes facsimile signature of the government body. My question is - can we upload the online colored copy(with facsimile signature) of birth certificate or should get the colored print of that certificate notorized before upload?

Regards

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

please answer:
1. Do we need to provide the notarized copy of birth certificate for the spouse?
If it is in English, notary not required.

2. I have recently got the birth certificate for the spouse from the Indian government body responsible for the Birth certificate. It is basically a printout of Birth certificate generated on the government website and it includes facsimile signature of the government body. My question is - can we upload the online colored copy(with facsimile signature) of birth certificate or should get the colored print of that certificate notorized before upload?

Regards

Reactions: can_27

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Birth certificate has both English and Hindi content. hope it will work?

Also, can we get the spouse's medical done now or do we need to wait for VO to inform us?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Birth certificate has both English and Hindi content. hope it will work?

Also, can we get the spouse's medical done now or do we need to wait for VO to inform us?
You can do either way on spouse medicals.

Reactions: can_27