+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Birth and marriage certificate in multiple language i.e. in English and Hindi will work out ? Example name: name_hindi/name_english

Last edited:

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi friends,

I am the primary applicant and have added wife post ppr, I have following queries:

1. Do i need to provide my travel history again in form IMM5562E or it only needs my wife’s travel history? I think only spouse’s travel history is required then in that case I should leave YOU section blank, is not it ?

2. How should I share travel details that can not be accommodated in this form i.e. my wife has a huge travel history but this form can only take 6 records?

3. In form 5669E, full name in native script is required for my spouse, so should I copy her full name in Hindi script from any site and paste it in section or script some standard site is required.?

4. How do we sign these form? We take print out after filling and then sign and upload these pdf or only name is required in sign area?

5. we only need to save these forms and upload them as it is ? Or print and upload scanned printed version?

6. While filling form IMM008ENU-2D for my wife, do we need to add the program under which you are applying as “Family” and category as “spouse” or it has to be like mine i.e. “ economic “ and “skilled worker”

7. Apart from wedding and ritual photographs:

a. do we need to provide evidence like bills, lease agreement, bank statements or driver license for both of us?

b. If it is required then What is the easy way to manage it for my spouse as she is new to this address? I have my bank statements and can arrange gas bill showing her name and same address as on my bank statements.

c. They said 10-15 max. What else we can add?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Last edited:

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I am the primary applicant and have added wife post ppr, I have following queries:

1. Do i need to provide my travel history again in form IMM5562E or it only needs my wife’s travel history? I think only spouse’s travel history is required then in that case I should leave YOU section blank, is not it ?
I would recommend to provide yours as well.

2. How should I share travel details that can not be accommodated in this form i.e. my wife has a huge travel history but this form can only take 6 records?
You have to take print out of actual document after entering data. Convert those to PDF files.
Provide the full details of travel on word document and convert to PDF - Merge both the documents.

3. In form 5669E, full name in native script is required for my spouse, so should I copy her full name in Hindi script from any site and paste it in section or script some standard site is required.?
If you can copy and save the native script name on to that field that should be fine.
I mentioned that question in new word document --> copied native script of full name --> attached to original document.

4. How do we sign these form? We take print out after filling and then sign and upload these pdf or only name is required in sign area?
I took printout of last page of the IMM 5669E file. Sign in the form --> merged as PDF files with the original file.

5. we only need to save these forms and upload them as it is ? Or print and upload scanned printed version?
If you can save with all the data then upload the form. (I think you can't save data in travel document).

6. While filling form IMM008ENU-2D for my wife, do we need to add the program under which you are applying as “Family” and category as “spouse” or it has to be like mine i.e. “ economic “ and “skilled worker”
You have to submit only one copy of that form that has to be filled by primary applicant only. So this question doesn't apply to dependent applicants.

7. Apart from wedding and ritual photographs:

a. do we need to provide evidence like bills, lease agreement, bank statements or driver license for both of us?
I didn't submit any of those docs.

b. If it is required then What is the easy way to manage it for my spouse as she is new to this address? I have my bank statements and can arrange gas bill showing her name and same address as on my bank statements.
No idea. but make sure you provided updated Proof of Funds.

c. They said 10-15 max. What else we can add?
Engagement - 3
Marriage - 7 (Make sure you added at least 2-3 Family Group photos)
Post wedding - 5
You should be fine.

If you are providing explanation letter mention,
1. you can provide any other document if required to process application.
2. Not able to sign on all documents as you are submitting digital copies.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Quoted the answers to each question.

Reactions: can_27

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Quoted the answers to each question.
Thanks for your earlier replies. Really greatful!

Just wanted to be clear on few more things - I have been asked to upload the following forms:

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

1. Among these first 2 i.e. IMM0008 and IMM5406 should be uploaded by me with my spouse details only once, Not by both of us separately?

And

2. Form IMm5562 and 4509 should be uploaded only with by my spouse with her details ?

3. IMM4509 should not be uploaded at all in case if marriage and is only for clp guys?

4. I have not been asked to provide proof of funds in the request letter, do I need to provide one ? Can I also add my spouse’s bank certificate with my old certificate? or me and my wife both should have the latest certificates?

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017

Just wanted to be clear on few more things - I have been asked to upload the following forms:

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

1. Among these first 2 i.e. IMM0008 and IMM5406 should be uploaded by me with my spouse details only once, Not by both of us separately?
Fill two separate forms of IMM0008. One with your details as principal applicant and wife as dependent, and the other one with your wife as principal applicant and you as dependent.
IMM5406 two samples. One with your details and one with wife details.

And

2. Form IMm5562 and 4509 should be uploaded only with by my spouse with her details ?
IMM5562 only for your spouse.

3. IMM4509 should not be uploaded at all in case if marriage and is only for clp guys?
Yes, IMM4509 not needed in case of marriage.

4. I have not been asked to provide proof of funds in the request letter, do I need to provide one ? Can I also add my spouse’s bank certificate with my old certificate? or me and my wife both should have the latest certificates?
It's recommended that you provide updated bank statements with recent dates. If you have all required funds at one account than one is enough.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
It's recommended that you provide updated bank statements with recent dates. If you have all required funds at one account than one is enough.
Thanks for your replies but I am a bit confused as the reply by gowthamp to same questions was different in the post above where he suggested only I need to submit the form 0008 with my spouse details in it.

And What about 5669? It is also only for my spouse?

Also, And if your reply to 1st is that we both need to fill the form 0008 separately then what will be the spouse’ application category?

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Thanks for your replies but I am a bit confused as the reply by gowthamp to same questions was different in the post above where he suggested only I need to submit the form 0008 with my spouse details in it.

And What about 5669? It is also only for my spouse?

Also, And if your reply to 1st is that we both need to fill the form 0008 separately then what will be the spouse’ application category?

I did it this way for IMM0008 to be on the safe side and everything went ok. Spouse application category same as yours.
5669 is travel history and is clearly stated to be filled only for spouse.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I did it this way for IMM0008 to be on the safe side and everything went ok. Spouse application category same as yours.
5669 is travel history and is clearly stated to be filled only for spouse.

ok, thanks, few more questions :

1. did you submit any other evidence of marriage like bills and bank statements with the same address, except for the pictures of wedding receptions and post-wedding outings etc?

2. where and how to write the answers for "
Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).
" and how do we upload it i.e. do we write the answers in our own writing on a sheet and upload scanned pdf or write it on blank word file create pdf of it?

Last edited:

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017

1. did you submit any other evidence of marriage like bills and bank statements with the same address, except for the pictures of wedding receptions and post-wedding outings etc?

" and how do we upload it i.e. do we write the answers in our own writing on a sheet and upload scanned pdf or write it on blank word file create pdf of it?
1.For proof of relationship I submitted:
-few photos of the wedding party
-few photos of me and my wife dating back from beginning of our relationship (holidays we've been together, dinners, birthdays etc.)
-emails from booking accommodation for holidays showing our names

2. I didn't submit this Relationship Questionnaire. My visa office didn't request this form.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

And

Every one has own process of documents submission.
IMM 0008 - only one form (I as Principal applicant and spouse as dependent) - If you want to fill the form by spouse as well, I am not sure about the answers for the first 2 questions.

IMM 5406 - two forms, one filled by PA and other by dependent.

IMM 5562E- Application Kit clearly mentions the form has to be filled by spouse, bu if you open the actual form - the first line is "The principal applicant must complete this form" - Hence I recommend Principal applicant fill the form with spouse details in section b.

IMM 4509 - For CLW only.

It is highly recommended to send updated POF, as you are adding person to application.

I submitted the documents as above, You may submit the documents as Darko986 mentioned.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Write it in a word file and then convert to PDF. I print out another document with signatures and attached at the end of each document (PA questionnaire - Page with PA signature scanned and converted to PDF, attached with questionnaire PDF file at bottom.. Same with Spouse Questionnaire).

Shivaagarwal3009

Sep 26, 2017
Hi,

Can you send me PDF version of all these forms at shivaagarwal1@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot

Hi,
Please help me with the following details as i'm not getting the forms with the link they have provided

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents: - an IMM8 Application form, a Schedule 1 Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse
- updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport
- trecent passport-size photographs(4 copies) of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate/ marriage registration
- a few wedding photographs
- police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
(see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information )
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp) Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

Also, my surname has changed after marriage, so i have new updated passport with the new name, So when i fill the forms for myself, should i use the new name or the old name used as primary applicant

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting

And

Even i have not been asked for POF and spouse Medicals... i m wondering when ill get that request....

Guys I request you all to Join Marriage Post PPR group which we have created to share information....

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HdZ1ypXphI9JI3dEErOWNc

also could some one start a tracker to track marriage stuff??

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi friends,

In spouse passport scan what all pages do we need to provide?

Do we need to share the valid visa and stamps on expired passport?

Do we need details other than bio data page of passport to be shared?

Regards,

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hi friends,

In spouse passport scan what all pages do we need to provide?

Do we need to share the valid visa and stamps on expired passport?

Do we need details other than bio data page of passport to be shared?

Regards,
All pages containing stamps and visas along with bio data page of the valid passport. No need providing expired passports unless CIC asked for.