+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

MrsI

Jan 9, 2018
Hi all. I'm in slight dilemma. Got my copr last year. Got married and informed CIC. I also sent all the documents they requested for. That was in December 2017. However, I didn't return my passport or copr as I thought it is when I get a new PPR they would require it. My application has already been updated with my spouse's detail and he has been given a UCI.
Is it an issue that I didn't return the passport? And if I'm to return it now, will it be too late? I had actually spoken to a friend who went through this route and was told that they only returned the passport and copr when the new PPR was gotten

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hi all. I'm in slight dilemma. Got my copr last year. Got married and informed CIC. I also sent all the documents they requested for. That was in December 2017. However, I didn't return my passport or copr as I thought it is when I get a new PPR they would require it. My application has already been updated with my spouse's detail and he has been given a UCI.
Is it an issue that I didn't return the passport? And if I'm to return it now, will it be too late? I had actually spoken to a friend who went through this route and was told that they only returned the passport and copr when the new PPR was gotten
You can ask for the passport to be sent back to you by replying to the same email they requested it. They will send it back if you need it until they finish processing your spouse.

MrsI

Jan 9, 2018
You can ask for the passport to be sent back to you by replying to the same email they requested it. They will send it back if you need it until they finish processing your spouse.

So you're saying I should go ahead and send it? Bearing in mind that the deadline for submission of those documents was Dec. I submitted all the documents except that

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
So you're saying I should go ahead and send it? Bearing in mind that the deadline for submission of those documents was Dec. I submitted all the documents except that
You want to say you haven't been asked to send back your passport and COPR for cancellation before they asked for additional documentation for your spouse??

MrsI

Jan 9, 2018
I was asked to return my passport and copr. Other documents were uploaded on my cic account. Someone advised me to hold on till I get a fresh PPR cos that's what they did.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
I was asked to return my passport and copr. Other documents were uploaded on my cic account. Someone advised me to hold on till I get a fresh PPR cos that's what they did.
You can leave it at their office, but it could take few months for PPR and you might need your passport. It's up to you

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
------------------------
Guys I submitted below docs on 5th Jan 2018 after the request letter from NDVO and after PPR and marriage
1) spouse PCC
2) spouse education docs
3) spouse Birth certificate
4) Spouse Passport
5) spouse IMM5669
6) spouse IMM5406
7) spouse RFPR fee recipt
8) marriage photos
9) PA- IMM5406
10) PA - IMM0008
-----------------
they did not ask for
1) additional POF
2) Medicals
---------------
I want to know

1) by when should i expect a reply from them
2) when is the right time to order GCMS
------------
please a reply could buy me little peace of mind

PS: Associated with NDVO

Reactions: acheandre

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
------------------------
Guys I submitted below docs on 5th Jan 2018 after the request letter from NDVO and after PPR and marriage
1) spouse PCC
2) spouse education docs
3) spouse Birth certificate
4) Spouse Passport
5) spouse IMM5669
6) spouse IMM5406
7) spouse RFPR fee recipt
8) marriage photos
9) PA- IMM5406
10) PA - IMM0008
-----------------
they did not ask for
1) additional POF
2) Medicals
---------------
I want to know

1) by when should i expect a reply from them
2) when is the right time to order GCMS
------------
please a reply could buy me little peace of mind

PS: Associated with NDVO
The processing time varies based on Visa Office and applicant.

Visa Offices do not acknowledge when they receive documents.
Probably in next 2-3 weeks (May be within 10days, if NDVO is quick), you will see dependent added to EE application (EE account will be updated).
The next response would be additional documents if needed or Medical request for Spouse.

I would recommend to order for GCMS after 1-2 months from Medicals request.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi fiends,

please let me know, I am from India and adding the spouse to profile :

1. if having a Love marriage and issue?
2. Have not gone for honeymoon after marriage, will it be an issue if in the questionnaire I reply that not went for honeymoon due to limited leaves from office?
3. trying to copy the name in native script (Hindi) from web to form 5669E and the name is appearing *** ****, is it a problem or it will be copied like this? how do I copy Hindi text to this form? can we write it manually and scan and upload?

- anyone who has already copied it in Hindi from web can help?

4. What should be my and my wife's occupation in the form 0008ENU_2D? I earlier have applied with NOC code 2174 i.e. computer programmer and my designation in the company was software analyst. Now here In this form should I write computer programmer or my current designation in current occupation field in this form?

5. Do we need to choose the spouse occupation in form 0008ENU_2D from the NOC code or whatever her current occupation is even if it is not in NOC code?

Regards

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi friends please help with following queries:

1. will there be an issue if I mention the visa office that my marriage is a love marriage instead of arranged?
2. will there be an issue if I had not went anywhere after marriage for honeymoon yet due to limited leaves from office?
3. what should be my current occupation on the form 0008, should it be my NOC code name or should it be my current designation?
4. What should be current occupation on the form 0008 for the spouse, should it be something from NOC code list or it could be her current job profile designation?

regards

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends please help with following queries:

1. will there be an issue if I mention the visa office that my marriage is a love marriage instead of arranged?
2. will there be an issue if I had not went anywhere after marriage for honeymoon yet due to limited leaves from office?
3. what should be my current occupation on the form 0008, should it be my NOC code name or should it be my current designation?
4. What should be current occupation on the form 0008 for the spouse, should it be something from NOC code list or it could be her current job profile designation?

regards
1. No issue.
2. No issue.
3. Current Occupation - Designation (Software Analyst comes under 2174 (computer programmer) right..!).
4. Designation name.

For your previous question on Native script - copy the full name from web to word document and attach to the PDF file.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
1. No issue.
2. No issue.
3. Current Occupation - Designation (Software Analyst comes under 2174 (computer programmer) right..!).
4. Designation name.

For your previous question on Native script - copy the full name from web to word document and attach to the PDF file.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, FEW MORE QUESTIONS:

1. my current designation is Associate consultant and I am not sure if it comes under Computer programmer or not and one more thing is earlier my designation was IT analyst when I applied as single and now it is changed to associate consultant but my role is same as computer programmer so what should I mention IT analyst or associate consultant or computer programmer?

2. Not able to copy the spouse's name in Hindi in the form 5669E for spouse. Any suggestion how I can copy the name or she can hand write it?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, FEW MORE QUESTIONS:

1. my current designation is Associate consultant and I am not sure if it comes under Computer programmer or not and one more thing is earlier my designation was IT analyst when I applied as single and now it is changed to associate consultant but my role is same as computer programmer so what should I mention IT analyst or associate consultant or computer programmer?

2. Not able to copy the spouse's name in Hindi in the form 5669E for spouse. Any suggestion how I can copy the name or she can hand write it?
1. If you have to take new employment letter, what should be the designation employer put on the doc? Go with that one (Associate Consultant)
There is no need to inform about change in designations after ITA.

2. Copy the full native script to word document --> Convert word doc to PDF doc using online tools --> Merge that PDF document with formal 5669E doc.

Reactions: can_27

Lovekesh

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Friends,
I live in India and new to this forum and seeking some help on my application process.
I got my application process started(for ONIP) in Nov start and received nomination by Dec end. During the period, I got married. I sent out the email to "ExpressEntry@ontario.ca “ and “ontarionominee@ontario.ca” for the same and requested to change the information in file. But as per their reply, they cant change the nomination certificate once that is created.
After that on Jan 10th, I received ITA.

Now, I want my wife to be included in my application and want to travel along with her to Canada.

Request senior members to suggest me here on how to include my wife in application please?

Thank You!

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,
I live in India and new to this forum and seeking some help on my application process.
I got my application process started(for ONIP) in Nov start and received nomination by Dec end. During the period, I got married. I sent out the email to "ExpressEntry@ontario.ca “ and “ontarionominee@ontario.ca” for the same and requested to change the information in file. But as per their reply, they cant change the nomination certificate once that is created.
After that on Jan 10th, I received ITA.

Now, I want my wife to be included in my application and want to travel along with her to Canada.

Request senior members to suggest me here on how to include my wife in application please?

Thank You!
I don't know how OINP procedure in this scenario.

Are you married after ITA or before ITA?
If married before ITA, you have to update EE profile. If you haven't updated profile, I recommend to decline ITA and update EE profile.