+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Don't get me wrong, I did start studying French because every point counts. But in all honesty, I calculated the French component to add a maximum of 6 points. Realistically, I don't expect to get the additional points because I highly doubt I can reach NCLC 7 anytime soon. Having said that, it might be well worth the effort!
Keep plugging away at it! If you're able to put in a few solid hours of study everyday, you'll progress faster than you think. Day to day, it'll feel like you're stagnating, but when you compare yourself from one month to the next, the results may surprise you.

Do practice your production skills as much as possible, those are the hardest sections to score in. Writing can feel pretty daunting, but as is often the case it's easier to keep going once you've gotten started.

Reactions: Maybe.Moving

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Federal government offers Hongkongers Australian permanent residency pathway
For Hongkongers who are fearful of returning home, the federal government has opened a new avenue to permanent residency for those who have lived in Australia for at least four years.

Last year, Prime Minister Scott Morrison declared that Australia would offer safe haven to Hong Kong passport holders already in the country as Beijing's crackdown on the city's autonomy intensified.

The federal government has now unveiled the details of a new plan, announcing it will introduce two new permanent residence visa streams for Hong Kong passport holders already in Australia.

The two new streams will provide a substantially easier path to permanent residency.

Those who apply will not have to be sponsored by an employer.

They also won't have to meet minimum income requirements or hold one of the jobs on Australia's current skills shortages list.

The government estimates that just under 9,000 Hong Kong passport holders in Australia — including temporary skilled, temporary graduate and student visa holders — will be eligible to apply from March 5, 2022.

"These dedicated and simpler visa streams for Hong Kong nationals will attract skills and talent and build business links, helping to boost productivity and create further job opportunities for Australians," Immigration Minister Alex Hawke said.

The announcement has been welcomed by Jacob and other Hongkongers in Australia who have been lobbying the Australian government to streamline the pathway to permanent residency. "It feels pretty helpless, to be honest, because of all the uncertainty and all this turmoil that's going on, and we're not able to do much," Jacob, a Brisbane-based international student, said.

"We asked the Australian government to have a look at the Canadian lifeboat scheme and have a look at the UK's immigration policy for Hong Kong citizens.

"We feel like [the federal government has] gone further than we expected."

The ABC is not using Jacob's real name because he was involved in pro-democracy protests in Australia and is worried about the repercussions if he's forced to return to Chinese territory.

Jacob said the permanent resident pathway was an option he was seriously considering, given his activity in the pro-democracy movement in Australia.

"I'm definitely considering … it because I'm a graduate visa holder, so it would be easier for me to become a permanent resident in Australia," he said.

"I believe a lot of my classmates or graduates are doing so as well."

He said even though he missed his hometown, it was unlikely he would ever return to Hong Kong where his family lived.

Kirk Yan, a veteran migration agent who provides services for Australia's migrant community, said the special visa would not have a significant impact on Australia's skilled migration program in the short term.

"It would take three to four years before the majority of the eligible applicants from Hong Kong can apply for permanent residency," Mr Yan told the ABC.

"But, from a long-term view, it will have certain impacts on applicants who are planning to move to Australia in three or four years' [time].

"It means [there will be fewer places for] skilled migration applicants from other countries … to get permanent residency."

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Federal government offers Hongkongers Australian permanent residency pathway
For Hongkongers who are fearful of returning home, the federal government has opened a new avenue to permanent residency for those who have lived in Australia for at least four years.

Last year, Prime Minister Scott Morrison declared that Australia would offer safe haven to Hong Kong passport holders already in the country as Beijing's crackdown on the city's autonomy intensified.

The federal government has now unveiled the details of a new plan, announcing it will introduce two new permanent residence visa streams for Hong Kong passport holders already in Australia.

The two new streams will provide a substantially easier path to permanent residency.

Those who apply will not have to be sponsored by an employer.

They also won't have to meet minimum income requirements or hold one of the jobs on Australia's current skills shortages list.

The government estimates that just under 9,000 Hong Kong passport holders in Australia — including temporary skilled, temporary graduate and student visa holders — will be eligible to apply from March 5, 2022.

"These dedicated and simpler visa streams for Hong Kong nationals will attract skills and talent and build business links, helping to boost productivity and create further job opportunities for Australians," Immigration Minister Alex Hawke said.

The announcement has been welcomed by Jacob and other Hongkongers in Australia who have been lobbying the Australian government to streamline the pathway to permanent residency. "It feels pretty helpless, to be honest, because of all the uncertainty and all this turmoil that's going on, and we're not able to do much," Jacob, a Brisbane-based international student, said.

"We asked the Australian government to have a look at the Canadian lifeboat scheme and have a look at the UK's immigration policy for Hong Kong citizens.

"We feel like [the federal government has] gone further than we expected."

The ABC is not using Jacob's real name because he was involved in pro-democracy protests in Australia and is worried about the repercussions if he's forced to return to Chinese territory.

Jacob said the permanent resident pathway was an option he was seriously considering, given his activity in the pro-democracy movement in Australia.

"I'm definitely considering … it because I'm a graduate visa holder, so it would be easier for me to become a permanent resident in Australia," he said.

"I believe a lot of my classmates or graduates are doing so as well."

He said even though he missed his hometown, it was unlikely he would ever return to Hong Kong where his family lived.

Kirk Yan, a veteran migration agent who provides services for Australia's migrant community, said the special visa would not have a significant impact on Australia's skilled migration program in the short term.

"It would take three to four years before the majority of the eligible applicants from Hong Kong can apply for permanent residency," Mr Yan told the ABC.

"But, from a long-term view, it will have certain impacts on applicants who are planning to move to Australia in three or four years' [time].

"It means [there will be fewer places for] skilled migration applicants from other countries … to get permanent residency."
Lol as if Australia was still immigratable

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Till date, only 2500 afghan refugees have landed. Yet, IRCC behaves as if EVERY one and his dog is working ONLY on Afghan refugees.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-afghan-refugees-are-being-unfairly-blocked-from-coming-to-canada/
Its simple math actually !

They are working at a speed of 42,000 files per month, out of which 18,000 for Express Entry and the rest for all other streams and programs, including refugees and asylym seekers.

Plus, a refugee usually doesn't come with a completed file. Most of the times they might not even have a passport with them.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
They’re sending out we are still working on your application emails again. Instead of actually work on them.
Hopium, is that you?

haplo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
I am a CEC applicant and received the same email for both my EE and visa application.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
I've received the email. I don't even have an application yet. Just my EE profile waiting for an ITA since February.

We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: xxxxx.

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

I can't even log-in in my cic account, servers are down.

Reactions: otaviovidal