+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Man now people will be mad at me ,but let me explain you what happened in my previous company. Our previous director was a lesbian ,manager lesbian,everyone except 1 manager and me were woman in the management staff.They never wanted to hire me but merit was so strong and my manager wanted to hire me otherwise that would have also been a woman 18/20 staff in a warehouse management woman ,didn't you see any irony in that.They tried to fire me in all possible ways ,eventually they got fired because of corporate complaints from associates.
He just saved my time I dodged a bullet that is how I see it if not this another company. That's it.If this many people made in canada, I am going to make it what ever it takes .
Today I just applied for another 50 positions that's it.
A winner is someone who just refuse to give up.
Today my friend reminded me
"Nothing in your life came easy job,immigration, relationship, friends....in the beginning but some way or the other you overcame all difficulties "

I am giving him a benefit of doubt also he was french from france ,I don't think he was that good at english, so I am not sure he really meant what he said ,even if he meant I just Don't care,I am sure he is not going to hire me but imagine he hires someone whe he can't stand.He said this when the HR was present and that too the hr was indian lol.So he might not know what he said,or he might be too stupid to say that.
Also .. "political aspects" may not be a nefarious thing altogether. Some companies have targets of DEI hiring, or hiring veterans or in Canada hiring people from indigenous communities. These are internal targets and not set in stone but if possible they will try to hire a candidate from those background. If it is a DEI hiring you do have a chance being from a different ethnic background.

I think you may be correct. It could have been a case of he not using the correct English phrase.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Next, I have said this multiple times, but once I get my Canadian passport, I'm out. The country has value (for now) because of its proximity to the US. But the US empire is bound to collapse within our lifetime.
Where do you plan to go if not US?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
A minimum goddamn wage. Yes some or even most will end up doing jobs they don't like, but they'll still be affording a decent life style.
You are right about almost everything in what you wrote but you are wrong here. Minimum wage in Ontario is 15.5$ and it is extremely difficult to have a decent lifestyle in that earning. Can you get by .. sure .. people do.. but calling it decent lifestyle would be a stretch. Agree with rest of your points.

Also, Canada's biggest issue is right now is that for a large country the population is too low. Hence, the target is to have a population of 100M by 2100. Larger population brings in economies of scale which do not exist in Canada and hence every service which requires economies of scale is quite expensive compared to next door neighbor the USA.

I think the so called "negative" posts about life in Canada are as important as your "positive" and "get it done" kind of posts. You seem to have the right attitude and expectations but far too many people immigrate with lofty expectations leaving behind really good jobs in home countries and then entering a phase of very serious depression once in Canada. The reality check provided here is needed. You may think someone moving to a new country should already be aware of the pitfalls of moving to a new country but you will be surprised how many people do end up coming with too many expectations.

I have known people who made more in India even after converting their salary to CAD then their first salary in Canada. They did come with expectations that they will need to start afresh but knowing that and living that is entirely two different things.

Hence every opinion negative or positive has its own value. The only other thing I don't agree with in your post is the inherent tone of superiority since you consider other people have been whining and you are not.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
That's irrelevant. The important part is that having a Canadian passport will make it easier to move elsewhere. Unlike having an Indian passport which has about the same strength as single ply toilet paper.
Yeah but only as a visitor.. Canada passport won't get you work rights other than TN visa to US or Mexico.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Also, Canada's biggest issue is right now is that for a large country the population is too low. Hence, the target is to have a population of 100M by 2100. Larger population brings in economies of scale which do not exist in Canada and hence every service which requires economies of scale is quite expensive compared to next door neighbor the USA.
One thing, it is not Canada's plan to have a population of 100M by 2100, its what agencies have suggested for Canada to maintain it standard of life.

Canada will never have nor will need that kind of population, especially with the advancement in technology. Even more, you will see that as soon as the conservatives come to power, those immigration levels will be slashed.

This more and more immigrants needed is Liberal sh*t, they don't need that many. What they need is selected immigration and I believe conservatives will go far in making that happen.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
That is the difference between US and Canada. In US old white racist folks may have said something but in Canada they are passive aggressive and just show expressions and move away. And people think Canadians are "nice". People are People. And Canada has as much racism problem as any other nation in the world. White superiority complex is real and is not limited to US. But saying only white people are racist is also disingenuous . Asian folks are racist towards black folk too. And don't get me started on racism of Indian people towards other Indian people who are not from their region / caste / religion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/caste-india-canada-students-1.6450484

We all like to think we are not racist but fact is each and every individual has some preconceived notions and biases. Only thing is to be conscious of those biases and actively try to make yourself better by working on removing those barriers / biases and notions from your consciousness.
Having lived in the US and now living in Canada and comparing them to the other western countries that I've visited, I can honestly say that the USA(bar its immigration system) and Canada are the least racist western countries.

While I personally haven't faced any racism in either country, I'd actually put the USA(bar its immigration system) ahead of Canada based on what I've heard from friends - I've heard from some Indian friends of mine who were followed by security in supermarkets in Canada while such a thing has never been reported in the US despite a much bigger sample size.

General advice/appeal to everyone: At a personal level, often the best way to deal with racism is to ignore it; but collectively, it's always better to call it out. You are doing some social service when you do that.

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
In hiring there is racism unfortunately I have to agree on this, in one of the interviews I had ,this was the answer to my question
Who is your ideal candidate?
His answer, I am not looking for the best candidate, you are a good data analyst but we are looking for somewhere in between the optimization and data analyst and you know some time you have to look at the political aspects also .I was like what?
There are different ways of 'making it'. A fat lawsuit in an easy route. If you're discriminated or treated unfairly, always ask them in an innocent tone to explain.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Having lived in the US and now living in Canada and comparing then to the other western countries that I've visited, I can honestly say that the USA(bar its immigration system) and Canada are the least racist western countries.

While I personally haven't faced any racism in either country, I'd actually put the USA after of Canada based on what I've heard from friends - I've heard from some Indian friends of mine who were followed by security in supermarkets in Canada while such a thing has never been reported in US despite a much bigger sample size.

General advice/appeal to everyone: At a personal level, often the best way to deal with racism is to ignore it; but collectively, it's always better to call it out. You are doing some social service when you do that.
I think its the "kind" of Indian that enter Canada and US. Even yesterday in an Walmart, the front door lady checked the receipts of an Mexican family, and black lady. I told my wife "They won't check Indians" and that is what happened.... the lady smiled and greeted me....never bothered to check us. I felt bad for other POC. Out of 1000 visit to the shitty Walmart I was checked may be for 4 or 5 times. But I do see other POC being checked most of the times. Indians have a certain reputation such as hardworking (which I don't agree) and smart (may be) among the US public. The sandwich rolling lamda types have ruined the reputation of Indians in Canada. I think Indians in Canada are aggressive, less qualified, cheaters, scam artists, racists, and loud mouths compared to the Indians in US.