+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Only certain professions qualify for TN visa.
That much is obvious but the list of "eligible" occupations is vague and not very specific. Most FSW people who are moving to Canada are in tech or finance, they don't qualify for TN?

Reactions: RSub
D

Deleted member 1006777

Yeah but only as a visitor.. Canada passport won't get you work rights other than TN visa to US or Mexico.
Bruh fuck the US. There's more to the world than burgers, obesity and guns. Canadian passports can get you work visas easier. Couldn't care less about the US. Not every country bases visa processing on country of birth. Some countries use country of citizenship as the metric.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
It looks like people at IRCC has taken summer vacation after getting 4 day long weekend and then just coming one day to office for the draws and then BBQing for the rest of the days this week. Where the heck are the PPR updates?
Probably preparing for the new ITA's. The CIC portal is down since morning. I too sensed that PPR ratio has fallen since 2nd week of June.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
One needs to demonstrate non-immigrant intent for the TN visa (and work visas in most countries), so just getting a Canadian passport without having strong ties to Canada (like owning a house, having immediate family there etc.) likely won't cut it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
One needs to demonstrate non-immigrant intent for the TN visa (and work visas in most countries), so just getting a Canadian passport without having strong ties to Canada (like owning a house, having immediate family here etc.) likely won't cut it.
Better off with H1B and L1 visas.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
One needs to demonstrate non-immigrant intent for the TN visa (and work visas in most countries), so just getting a Canadian passport without having strong ties to Canada (like owning a house, having immediate family here etc.) likely won't cut it.
It becomes even more difficult if you have a pending i140. Good luck arguing non immigrant intent without withdrawing that and losing your priority date.

If you're Indian, don't move there on anything other than L1A.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
It becomes even more difficult if you have a pending i140. Good luck arguing non immigrant intent without withdrawing that and losing your priority date.

If you're Indian, don't move there on anything other than L1A.
Or on a H1-B, live there a few years and then leave after making money.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hey guys, sorry to derail the conversation but I'd appreciate some input on the following.

So I finally bought my tickets to Canada, I'm flying and landing in Toronto mid August! This is due to me having a semester-long exchange at a university in Montreal, QC starting in September, ending the first few days of December. For full context, I'm from an eTA-eligible country.

My timeline is in my signature. However, I've still got 6 months or so to go, according to the current service standard, if and until my PR is approved. I've thought of the following scenarios:

A) my RFV email arrives before mid-August, CoPR is approved, I land in Toronto with no issues.
B) my RFV email arrives after my exchange, once I've exited Canada and can then come back to settle permanently in a non-QC province.

However, there's a third scenario:
C) my RFV email arrives during my exchange, while I'll be residing in Quebec.

What should my approach then be?