+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys, sorry to derail the conversation but I'd appreciate some input on the following.

So I finally bought my tickets to Canada, I'm flying and landing in Toronto mid August! This is due to me having a semester-long exchange at a university in Montreal, QC starting in September, ending the first few days of December. For full context, I'm from an eTA-eligible country.

My timeline is in my signature. However, I've still got 6 months or so to go, according to the current service standard, if and until my PR is approved. I've thought of the following scenarios:

A) my RFV email arrives before mid-August, CoPR is approved, I land in Toronto with no issues.
B) my RFV email arrives after my exchange, once I've exited Canada and can then come back to settle permanently in a non-QC province.

However, there's a third scenario:
C) my RFV email arrives during my exchange, while I'll be residing in Quebec.

What should my approach then be?
You just need to let IRCC know you are in Canada and you will follow "landing" formalities as an inland applicant. So basically they will approve your COPR online. This is very normal nothing to worry about.

Reactions: RSub

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
In the same situation!!
Some of my friends got lucky because they had scores in the range of 460’s, that made them eligible for OINP. Whereas, I couldnt make it because of the high scores, and even if I tried to reduce my score,it didnt fall under OINP range. They are in Canada and I am still here, being only eligible for FSW.
I have a friend who got PNP invite in November 2021 right now she's Edmonton, while I'm still waiting since Nov 2020 the last few of FSWs recipients. Trust me the other side of ITA is equally painful.

Reactions: littlestar19

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I received an email saying there is a new message in my ircc account. But I can't login.

I am scared shitless.
Watch out for Roger communication network issues. That is causing the login issue.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
Exact scenario at an IRCC office:

IRCC Dude 1: How can I work if the internet is down.
IRCC Dude 2: Dude, we don't work even when the Internet is working. We just chill.
IRCC Dude 1: Then, lets fkin chill.!!!!
IRCC Dude 3: Wanna join for a hockey game and few beers?

• Sad
Reactions: RSub

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
I have a friend who got PNP invite in November 2021 right now she's Edmonton, while I'm still waiting since Nov 2020 the last few of FSWs recipients. Trust me the other side of ITA is equally painful.
I know .. !! Thats why freaking out because i am not able to secure even an ITA yet .. ! Can’t even think how much more patience would I have to gather after an ITA. Hopefully things turn out to be good and the 1.5 years wait for ITA balances out everything and PPR is quick ( as promised in 6 months)

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
You just need to let IRCC know you are in Canada and you will follow "landing" formalities as an inland applicant. So basically they will approve your COPR online. This is very normal nothing to worry about.
Really, even if I reside in Quebec temporarily? While the exchange is happening, that is.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Really, even if I reside in Quebec temporarily? While the exchange is happening, that is.
Yes. You just need to state that you do not intend to stay in Quebec if you applied via FSW.

Earlier if you happen to be in Canada you would need to do an interview to confirm PR
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

Post Covid the process is online

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Reactions: cemivac