+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

uday1992

Apr 13, 2014
Ok, so I have this thought in mind. I want to know what do you all think about it... Sorry for long post in advance!

Many of us have some sort of correspondence with the government, whether it is the IRCC or local MP. I'm sure, we all agree that those excuses or "reason for delay" as they call it - are not reasonable (I'm still laughing at that last RCMP one! like really? 11 months to get a clearance from RCMP?). These stories and people are fragmented all over these forums with 81 pages here, to hundreds in other monthly AORs, Montreal, Ottawa, etc. forums. I see so many of these posts have excellent factual points. We all know the issue at large, and at minor scale in those responses from ircc. I don't want to discourage anyone, but even if we take the most optimistic outlook of the situation where ircc is working at full capacity processing with only inlanders, I don't think they will be able to give copr to every last of us by Christmas considering the backlogs at hand.

I was wondering, if we all can work together and create a proper rational comprehensive documentation of the issue - that would be great! It will provide a deeper understanding to outsiders about what the issue is, why actions needs to be taken on promptly. We can list out the issues we are facing by the unfair treatment of the ircc, problems or stress we face at personal level in our everyday life, ircc and ministry's response to the issue and why it is not justifiable, we can provide factual statistics which can be from our correspondence with the govt, from privacy commission, immitracker or ircc publicly-released data. In short, a brief documentation package which we can treat it like a press release, which we can refer to everyone in our communications and would be updated from time to time.

We can also get a domain up on the internet, I can help to create a website which will include all those information with back-links and citations. We can also use it to reach out to journalists and media who may have written something about in past year and a half to grab more attention. We can create a prefilled letter, which individuals can use it as a sample to write it to their MP if needed. We can create specific section on the website which will list the most recent relevant update like let's say somebody tried a new approach and what response they got. We don't need to scroll through tens of pages across multiple forums and groups every week to find that relevant information. Even we can gather everyone in one place with, lets say mailing list, with full privacy of individuals to update them from time to time, whether if we want to trend something on twitter or want to see minister in person as a group in future, or whether we want to start an online petition which has not worked out very well in our case in the past.

I don't know, these are just my thoughts. I know its not perfect, will have issues and would require a lot of work and time but I think it would be worth a shot. Just want to know, what do you all think about it?

Thanks for surviving through my writer personality! :p
Thanks for the write-up.

uday1992

Apr 13, 2014
CoVID is not an excuse anymore, Several lives are halted because of this delay. Stop processing September 2021 applications and start processing 2020 applications #IRCCdoesntcare @CitImmCanada @marcomendicino

D

Deleted member 1033589

Let’s share our endless wait and experience with IRCC on Twitter with the hashtag #IRCCdoesntcare and make it a TT. As IRCC is starting a social media monitoring program, we may raise some awareness this way.

Reactions: Nameer khan

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Ok, so I have this thought in mind. I want to know what do you all think about it... Sorry for long post in advance!

Many of us have some sort of correspondence with the government, whether it is the IRCC or local MP. I'm sure, we all agree that those excuses or "reason for delay" as they call it - are not reasonable (I'm still laughing at that last RCMP one! like really? 11 months to get a clearance from RCMP?). These stories and people are fragmented all over these forums with 81 pages here, to hundreds in other monthly AORs, Montreal, Ottawa, etc. forums. I see so many of these posts have excellent factual points. We all know the issue at large, and at minor scale in those responses from ircc. I don't want to discourage anyone, but even if we take the most optimistic outlook of the situation where ircc is working at full capacity processing with only inlanders, I don't think they will be able to give copr to every last of us by Christmas considering the backlogs at hand.

I was wondering, if we all can work together and create a proper rational comprehensive documentation of the issue - that would be great! It will provide a deeper understanding to outsiders about what the issue is, why actions needs to be taken on promptly. We can list out the issues we are facing by the unfair treatment of the ircc, problems or stress we face at personal level in our everyday life, ircc and ministry's response to the issue and why it is not justifiable, we can provide factual statistics which can be from our correspondence with the govt, from privacy commission, immitracker or ircc publicly-released data. In short, a brief documentation package which we can treat it like a press release, which we can refer to everyone in our communications and would be updated from time to time.

We can also get a domain up on the internet, I can help to create a website which will include all those information with back-links and citations. We can also use it to reach out to journalists and media who may have written something about in past year and a half to grab more attention. We can create a prefilled letter, which individuals can use it as a sample to write it to their MP if needed. We can create specific section on the website which will list the most recent relevant update like let's say somebody tried a new approach and what response they got. We don't need to scroll through tens of pages across multiple forums and groups every week to find that relevant information. Even we can gather everyone in one place with, lets say mailing list, with full privacy of individuals to update them from time to time, whether if we want to trend something on twitter or want to see minister in person as a group in future, or whether we want to start an online petition which has not worked out very well in our case in the past.

I don't know, these are just my thoughts. I know its not perfect, will have issues and would require a lot of work and time but I think it would be worth a shot. Just want to know, what do you all think about it?

Thanks for surviving through my writer personality! :p
This is what I wrote to one MP, since mine is on vacation. If you want, feel free to write any text based on that:

"
Also, I just want to provide some information about the current situation based on my understanding, which might also help others in case you need to assist someone that is dealing with the same issue.

Basically, because of the pandemic, IRCC started to prioritize applications from people that were already living in Canada, which totally makes sense, giving all the travel restrictions that are/were in place, preventing new immigrants from entering the country, and also to help the people that were in Canada to stay permanently. (this information can be found on their website)

However, in doing this, they decided to prioritize mainly, or only, the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), which can only be applied after you complete 1 year of work inside Canada, which was not my case back when I applied.

In the meantime, people that have applied through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) stream, which is my case, were moved to the back of the queue, regardless if they were living in Canada or not. I believe that the idea behind this is that most of the FSW applicants do live in another country and are trying to come to Canada with a PR in hand. However, that decision affected lots of people that are already in Canada with their temporary visas due to expire anytime soon. (mine expires in January)

I have seen cases of people that got tired of waiting for their FSW to be processed for over a year, and decided to apply again and get their PR in about 3 months through CEC.

I know that I am eligible to apply to CEC, but that would require another language test, which is expensive, and another PR application which is even more expensive. Also, there is no guarantee that it will be processed as fast as the cases that I've mentioned, even though I bet it would.

However, for me, the immigration system has already got a big hit with Covid and the whole Afghan situation, it does not make sense to send another application for IRCC, wasting everyone's time and putting more pressure on the system, and consequently, wasting public resources that all of us, tax payers, contribute.

Also, as said before, my Work Permit is due to expire in January, and even though it is less expensive to renew it, I still share the same view about wasting resources in case I have to apply to this, considering that I have a PR already in process and possibly "one click" away from being approved.

Anyway, that is my view of this whole situation.

Even if you can't help me directly, I hope this information might help others that you come to assist.
"

Anyway, this MP's office contacted IRCC and basically they said if I am eligible to apply for CEC, just go for it. :mad:

The MP's office didn't this kind of response and the MP themselves will try to request changes in the system, but since they are from the conservative party, they do not have that much power to push a change nowadays. But still, they didn't like it, and they tried to help me/us even though they are not my MP.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
This is what I wrote to one MP, since mine is on vacation. If you want, feel free to write any text based on that:

"
Also, I just want to provide some information about the current situation based on my understanding, which might also help others in case you need to assist someone that is dealing with the same issue.

Basically, because of the pandemic, IRCC started to prioritize applications from people that were already living in Canada, which totally makes sense, giving all the travel restrictions that are/were in place, preventing new immigrants from entering the country, and also to help the people that were in Canada to stay permanently. (this information can be found on their website)

However, in doing this, they decided to prioritize mainly, or only, the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), which can only be applied after you complete 1 year of work inside Canada, which was not my case back when I applied.

In the meantime, people that have applied through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) stream, which is my case, were moved to the back of the queue, regardless if they were living in Canada or not. I believe that the idea behind this is that most of the FSW applicants do live in another country and are trying to come to Canada with a PR in hand. However, that decision affected lots of people that are already in Canada with their temporary visas due to expire anytime soon. (mine expires in January)

I have seen cases of people that got tired of waiting for their FSW to be processed for over a year, and decided to apply again and get their PR in about 3 months through CEC.

I know that I am eligible to apply to CEC, but that would require another language test, which is expensive, and another PR application which is even more expensive. Also, there is no guarantee that it will be processed as fast as the cases that I've mentioned, even though I bet it would.

However, for me, the immigration system has already got a big hit with Covid and the whole Afghan situation, it does not make sense to send another application for IRCC, wasting everyone's time and putting more pressure on the system, and consequently, wasting public resources that all of us, tax payers, contribute.

Also, as said before, my Work Permit is due to expire in January, and even though it is less expensive to renew it, I still share the same view about wasting resources in case I have to apply to this, considering that I have a PR already in process and possibly "one click" away from being approved.

Anyway, that is my view of this whole situation.

Even if you can't help me directly, I hope this information might help others that you come to assist.
"

Anyway, this MP's office contacted IRCC and basically they said if I am eligible to apply for CEC, just go for it. :mad:

The MP's office didn't this kind of response and the MP themselves will try to request changes in the system, but since they are from the conservative party, they do not have that much power to push a change nowadays. But still, they didn't like it, and they tried to help me/us even though they are not my MP.
I've always been about not wasting IRCC resources, but I don't have any ethical problem opening a 2nd application. I made the decision to transfer here - I brought my job to Canada. I'm paying a lot of taxes and if I don't get CoPR I will just leave the country. They should want to keep us here, we aren't outpost family permanent residents who just buy houses with their offshore money while not working.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I've always been about not wasting IRCC resources, but I don't have any ethical problem opening a 2nd application. I made the decision to transfer here - I brought my job to Canada. I'm paying a lot of taxes and if I don't get CoPR I will just leave the country. They should want to keep us here, we aren't outpost family permanent residents who just buy houses with their offshore money while not working.
I recognize as a US citizen I have a lot more freedom than most people on this board. But it is ridiculous that IRCC is prioritizing student PR applications over people working here and paying taxes. It's just terrible policy.

I have no problem with the emphasis on CEC people - they are working here too. It is the student stream they opened up this spring that kills me - why? It's such horrible policy to let people buy PR with a degree. You'll end up with a lot of offshore money pumping up house prices while not paying taxes.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Ohh yeah, don't judge me wrong, there is no ethical problem or any judgment at all. I would probably apply for CEC if my language tests were not expired.

I just said that to expose a rational thinking on how this is affecting us, IRCC itself and the country.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Exactly the same situation here. I'm paying taxes. I'm bringing in my thriving business. I'm just waiting for the PR to expand my office. I want to hire people. I want to do more. But I can't take the risk without having the PR. I thought of applying to the self-employed or entrepreneur stream, but I can't take any more uncertainty.
Plan B is to get the money I was willing to invest in my business here and go to some high-quality-of-life European country where I can't get the PR with less hassle by just buying a house.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Lets pool resources. Lets sue IRCC. we have enough proof of procedural unfairness and mental harassment.
Even 100 people $250 each = $25 000

According to recent surveys of Canadian lawyers, it can cost upwards of $10,000—$25,000 to take a lawsuit through the traditional litigation process and a trial(GOOGLE).

Not sure though if we can find 100 people to join.