+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
Its all random no hopes at all
Its like lottery system
Wat i am noticing same vo
One file they process from march 2020 , one file they process from December 2020

So all mixed up
If luckly amyone got file picked nothing is in order
I completely agree with you. It's literally looks like a lottery pick at this point. There is no organization of application within IRCC, it seems.

Reactions: upon

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
I don't think the results of the election will change anything. My guess is that now that the election is over, they have one less excuse to delay things.

I had an email schedule for today 8am for my MP, congratulating him for his reelection and asking for his help. I've decided to contact him as soon as the campaigns started and I just got an auto-reply to contact them today, and so I did it. lol
True, but one less excuse for sure. Keep us posted if you hear back anything from your MP.

Reactions: rWolf

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
These are the two scenarios that I have in my mind: @mr.preetsingh

Scenario 1:
IF E-COPR doesn't come: I'll make sure that I am back before June 22, 2022

Scenario 2:
If E-COPR comes: I'll get my PR card deliver to my place in Toronto, and will ask my uncle to bring it to my country. OR will apply for PRTD
Technically, you should update IRCC that you are out of Country right now...
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

Its your call.. both Scenarios work...

uday1992

Apr 13, 2014
A month ago I filed a complaint to the Prime minister. Today I received this email. Not sure if this speeds up things on my application. Atleast someone had a look at my status.

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of August 6, 2021, regarding your application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to manage all applications in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

IRCC continues to accept and process applications throughout the pandemic, notwithstanding that its operational capacity remains limited both domestically and abroad. The Department continues to shift its limited resources to focus on priorities, increase digitization of applications to allow for more remote processing, streamline processes where possible, and resume in-person operations, while respecting public health and safety guidelines. As you know, the Department is prioritizing processing for vulnerable people, those seeking to reunite with their immediate and extended family members in Canada, and those in essential services.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which the Department has no control.

Departmental records confirm that your application is actively being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. Currently, statutory background checks are in progress with government partner agencies. While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required, and once a final decision has been made.

In the context of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), IRCC is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impacts on people and operations. While IRCC continues to process all existing and new applications during this difficult time, the Department is currently unable to process applications normally or provide accurate processing times. IRCC applicants are encouraged to visit the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services web page for up-to-date information related to their application, and they can also check their application status online.

Should an applicant have any additional information or documentation that they wish to provide to IRCC in support of their application, including requests for expedited processing, such information should be directed to the processing office, or they can contact IRCC through existing service channels.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

P. Rivard

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

Reactions: upon and JSF

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which the Department has no control.
I guess this is the biggest lie of all times, if a person's background check would take years to process through FSW, why the same person's background check takes days to process when they apply through CEC?

Tens or hundreds of applicants have applied through CEC after getting tired of waiting for their other non-CEC application to move, and got the whole thing approved in about 3 months.

Isn't that the same person? Wouldn't the background check take the same time for the same person? Wouldn't these other partner agencies/foreign governments be as busy as they say?

kemmyline

Dec 5, 2018
A month ago I filed a complaint to the Prime minister. Today I received this email. Not sure if this speeds up things on my application. Atleast someone had a look at my status.

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of August 6, 2021, regarding your application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to manage all applications in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

IRCC continues to accept and process applications throughout the pandemic, notwithstanding that its operational capacity remains limited both domestically and abroad. The Department continues to shift its limited resources to focus on priorities, increase digitization of applications to allow for more remote processing, streamline processes where possible, and resume in-person operations, while respecting public health and safety guidelines. As you know, the Department is prioritizing processing for vulnerable people, those seeking to reunite with their immediate and extended family members in Canada, and those in essential services.

Departmental records confirm that your application is actively being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. Currently, statutory background checks are in progress with government partner agencies. While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required, and once a final decision has been made.

In the context of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), IRCC is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impacts on people and operations. While IRCC continues to process all existing and new applications during this difficult time, the Department is currently unable to process applications normally or provide accurate processing times. IRCC applicants are encouraged to visit the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services web page for up-to-date information related to their application, and they can also check their application status online.

Should an applicant have any additional information or documentation that they wish to provide to IRCC in support of their application, including requests for expedited processing, such information should be directed to the processing office, or they can contact IRCC through existing service channels.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

P. Rivard

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.
I received the exact same response (including the part about status and background check) almost one month ago and I am still waiting as at today..

Reactions: uday1992 and upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
D

Deleted member 1033589

AOR March 2020 here. Just realized it has been 1.5 years of follow up with IRCC through web forms, phone calls and GCMS notes. In 1.5 years, my life has been completely on hold and I couldn't travel back to my home country in the last 4 months to cremate dead family members (COVID -19) due to travel restrictions, implied status etc. I realize this is not the place for personal stories but after devoting 1000+ hours of local community service in Metro Vancouver over the last 3 years, I was hoping for some empathy in return from IRCC and Canada.

I can feel your pain. I hope everything turns out to be good for you and you receive your copr very soon.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021