+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - Cairo Visa Office

Nov 2, 2015
I would like to congratulate you all with the latest good news.
I'm not Cairo VO but I have an inquiry.
I read that your VO has requested an update on the bank statement from you.
I'm afraid that in my case they would request such update as I've withdrawn all the amounts of my POF from my account long ago.
What if they've requested an updated bank statement and it showed that my account is empty or it has an amount less than the one provided earlier?

medwiz

May 25, 2014
AbdelAllah said:
Hello Bro,
In fact I sent it by courier not scanned copy because when the lady called me for Bank Statement she asked me did you do PCC, I said no, she said OK do it and send the original to us.
So when they sent me the email for PCC in the following week, I didn't even think of scan it, I just did it, translate it and sent it by courier, besides I know that PCC must be sent as original. So I was surprised that people say they want it scanned copy only, the only indicator here is that they want to finish the process so quickly -inshaa Allah- although I fully agree with you this wrong they accept scanned copies of PCC.

A
You can always get another PCC done... Translate then email.. But that's a little bit too much I think lool

You didn't recieve MR yet...? Who is yet to receive MR after sending the documents? Guts let's have a recap

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Bro and thanks for passing by our lounge that we have been waiting in for the past 17 moths :D

What you need to show is the POF amount based on you family size (for example 1 person $11,931, 2 persons $14,853 and so on), you don't have to show any bigger amount even if you showed it before.
There is difference between Bank statement (you need to show 3 or 6 months transactions) and bank certificate ( you show today's account balance), which one you have to provide depends on the VO requirements. So based on your case shown below, I would go for Bank Certificate if accepted by VO.

A

FutureCanadianToBe said:
I would like to congratulate you all with the latest good news.
I'm not Cairo VO but I have an inquiry.
I read that your VO has requested an update on the bank statement from you.
I'm afraid that in my case they would request such update as I've withdrawn all the amounts of my POF from my account long ago.
What if they've requested an updated bank statement and it showed that my account is empty or it has an amount less than the one provided earlier?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With their reply today, I should be ok as they have confirmed it is sufficient and they have received the PCC in the embassy.
I haven't got MR yet, good to know about others....

Those who received MR (4):
Almohager - Ramo morgan - Life Explorer - Sabona

Those yet to receive MR (6):
Aboudo - xfaris - Medwiz - Abdelallah - Roby - mff

A

medwiz said:
You can always get another PCC done... Translate then email.. But that's a little bit too much I think lool

You didn't recieve MR yet...? Who is yet to receive MR after sending the documents? Guts let's have a recap

Nov 2, 2015
AbdelAllah said:
Hello Bro and thanks for passing by our lounge that we have been waiting in for the past 17 moths :D

What you need to show is the POF amount based on you family size (for example 1 person $11,931, 2 persons $14,853 and so on), you don't have to show any bigger amount even if you showed it before.
There is difference between Bank statement (you need to show 3 or 6 months transactions) and bank certificate ( you show today's account balance), which one you have to provide depends on the VO requirements. So based on your case shown below, I would go for Bank Certificate if accepted by VO.

A
Thank you very much, Sir, for the valuable info.
Does that mean that if they requested the update and my account showed less than the required POF, they won't process my file to the next stages and my file would be be rejected?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, unfortunately yes.
Don't give up and do your best, don't loose this opportunity..

A

FutureCanadianToBe said:
Thank you very much, Sir, for the valuable info.
Does that mean that if they requested the update and my account showed less than the required POF, they won't process my file to the next stages and my file would be be rejected?

ramo morgan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
@Abdelallah,
Thank you so much for your point wise reply to my queries.

Bros,
In fact, during the last ten years I traveled on business basis to countries other than country of my permanent residence where I stayed for more than 5 months. Should I mention that in questions 8 & 12 !!!

Appreciate your insight

Thanks
Ramo

Aboudo2

Nov 3, 2014
Finally after very frustrating 10 days, got the MR and PCC request with schedule A yesterday
And they called my work yesterday also,
So whoever is late , dont worry خير ان شاء الله

I have some questions for schedule A,
How do you count primary years and secondary
Is it 5 primary and 6 secondary or 8 primary and 3 secondary ?

Same question as ramo, if I stayed in a country several months, but didn't exceed 6 month at any one time, do I have to state it ? Do you think it would be a problem if not stated ?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations my bro...

(1) Did they call your work after or before sending the MR, PCC and schedule A?
(2) Did they call all your previous employers?
(3) who is your officer? (in the email check the two letters next to the email subject)...

A

Aboudo2 said:
Finally after very frustrating 10 days, got the MR and PCC request with schedule A yesterday
And they called my work yesterday also,
So whoever is late , dont worry خير ان شاء الله

I have some questions for schedule A,
How do you count primary years and secondary
Is it 5 primary and 6 secondary or 8 primary and 3 secondary ?

Same question as ramo, if I stayed in a country several months, but didn't exceed 6 month at any one time, do I have to state it ? Do you think it would be a problem if not stated ?

Aboudo2

Nov 3, 2014
They called work and then sent the email after about 2 hours

Its the same employer for the last 10 years

RB also

ramo morgan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Congrats Aboudo2,

It seems from your post that your primary was 5 yrs instead of 6. Anyway, I googled this and i concluded that Primary corresponds to اعدادى and ابتدائى in Egypt. so it is correct to say Primary : 8 and Secondary 3.

I will follow the correct classification, however, it will differ than the one I adopted in the original application. What you think?

ramo morgan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
One other thing i noticed,

in the new form of PCC Egypt, it is clearly written as a one statement " لا توجد أحكام جنائية مسجلة" whereas in the old form issued by Egyptian Consulate , there is only a small seal with the same statement typed thereof.

Guys, please confirm the above or advise otherwise. I am concerned that visa office may not recognize mine if they identify that it is different from others

Thanks
Ramo

Aboudo2

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks ramo

I am not sure what's to be done
For me it's mostly this past year so it won't differ than the last application