+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

rl03

Oct 31, 2017
wow
I'm actually an AB IS grad (more commonly known as AB Mass Comm), but my work experience is primarily in IT and that's also the NOC applied for. So degree and work experience don't necessarily have to be aligned :) , EXCEPT for certain specialized and regulated NOCs (the NOC details will mention this).

There shouldn't be a problem which one is the primary applicant. As mentioned by angelistamaria, best option would be have the one with the higher CRS be the primary applicant. There will be a section to declare the spouse and children, then everyone in the family will be processed at the same time.
wow

thats good to know arthur, does canada have a lot of openings on IT hardware support? like desktops, laptops, networking and servers?

this forum has answered and gives me and family confidence to pursure our canada dream:) thanks for replies. i do have some more questions later lol

Reactions: Xiaociaoshaw_02

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Dami pala na tanggap nice
Yup.

There's an undertone to this though: the sooner you apply/ get your EE profiles up and running the better. Unlike before where, as long as your CRS falls above or on the minimum CRS you will get the ITA, it looks like now they are setting the number of invites and if your CRS falls exactly on the cut-off number, you will be "competing" with those with the same CRS on a first-come-first-served basis.

On a lighter note, they may increase the frequency of draws (so more chances of getting drawn) to meet the "1M in the next three years" quota.

Reactions: Xiaociaoshaw_02

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi To All!

I just received my PPR yesterday at around noon. Below is my timeline.

PNP-Outland applicant
Aor: march 08
Ppr: nov 09
Congratulations! Don't forget to do pre-arrival services and the all-important CFO reg+PDOS if you're in the country.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
wow

wow

thats good to know arthur, does canada have a lot of openings on IT hardware support? like desktops, laptops, networking and servers?

this forum has answered and gives me and family confidence to pursure our canada dream:) thanks for replies. i do have some more questions later lol
By mere online search alone, there are lots of opportunities in general in Canada haha. Aside from the usual linkedin, check also indeed.ca :)

I've been encouraging people I know to apply asap. The online system method is only a few years old and still relatively new, which means quicker processing times than the original paper-based applications, as most of us have experienced. Even the CIC estimated processing time tool says the online applications are under-loaded at this point.

honeybee08

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
I have recetly received PPR. Nagkaissue lang dahil 12months pala ang required passport validity and my spouse’s passport was short of 2 months. Philippine Embassy has extended the validity and at the same time required him to renew his passport. Question po, since we submitted his old passport for the visa, once na ready na yung new passport nya, binubutasan yung old para maclaim ung new. Magiging issue po ba yon kung dala namin both old with visa na may holes at new issued passport?

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I have recetly received PPR. Nagkaissue lang dahil 12months pala ang required passport validity and my spouse’s passport was short of 2 months. Philippine Embassy has extended the validity and at the same time required him to renew his passport. Question po, since we submitted his old passport for the visa, once na ready na yung new passport nya, binubutasan yung old para maclaim ung new. Magiging issue po ba yon kung dala namin both old with visa na may holes at new issued passport?
Typical practice is to always bring the old passport (with visas) with the new one. Try messaging CIC regarding the new passport details to see if they will insist on issuing revised PPR docs.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Typical practice is to always bring the old passport (with visas) with the new one. Try messaging CIC regarding the new passport details to see if they will insist on issuing revised PPR docs.

They might ask for both the old and the new passports to: (1) stamp the newer passport with new single-entry immigrant visa counterfoil and (2) close the visa (cancel without prejudice) on the old one. On the flip side, he may just need to carry both passports since the visa is still valid like @arthurmr said.

I can't recall-- does your passport number appear on the COPR? It might need to match.

Good luck! Hope you can update us on what happens.

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi.

May naka experience po ba dito na hindi nagbibigay ng bank statement yung bank? Sa Chinabank po kasi, if you only have a passbook acct, they dont issue a bank statement. Instead photocopy lang nung passbook then the branch manager will sign it. Ok lang po ba yun? I already have a bank cert with ADB of past 6 months. Thank you.