+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi! I'm done with IELTS. I have a question about WES and IQAS for ECA. Based on research as of 2017 (in this forum and other fora), WES awards a 2 year equivalency to a 4 year bachelor's degree in the Philippines (degree earned from DLS-College of Saint Benilde). Is there a member in this forum who happened to have his/her ECA assessed under IQAS as of 2017 (for 4 yea bachelor's degree) and what was the result? 2 year equivalency or 3 year bachelor's equivalency? Maraming salamat po sa tulong at impormasyon!
Yung akin 4-yr bachelor's degree in IT then canadian equivalency is 3yr bachelors degree. I did it with WES. Check mo din processing times ng kukuhanan mo kasi ako nun sa ICAS ata ako nagtry tapos 20 weeks pala. Eh yung WES mabilis lang. Nirefund ko nalang yung binayad ko sa ICAS when i cancelled my order.

fswapplicant08082014

Jul 19, 2014
Just want to throw a question to anyone who can answer. =)

Nakareceive na kasi ako ng PPR email to submit my passport. Nalilito lang ako dahil mukhang iba yung requirements na sinabi dun sa email tapos dun naman sa checklist ng VFS Global, mas madami pang requirements ang nakalista.

Sa PPR email, eto lang yung hiningi:

1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. Completed and signed Appendix B form (enclosed).

Tapos dun naman sa VFS Global website, marami pa hinihingi:
FORMS LIST
o Generic Application Form to Canada (IMM 0008)
o Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669)
o Additional Dependants /Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
o Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5662)
o Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Workers (IMM 0008 – Schedule 3)
o Additional Family Information (IMM5406)
o Use of Representative (IMM5406)
DOCUMENTS LIST
o Travel documents and passports
o Proof of Admission (if applicable)
o Proof of Language Proficiency
o Letter of Attestation OR Official Transcripts (only for applicants applying for the PhD stream)
o Arranged Employment o Work Experience - Additional supporting documents may include: - copies of work contracts, and - copies of pay stubs.
o Copies of Canadian Educational Credential or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report
o Proof of Education
o Proof of relationship and status in Canada (if applicable)
o Settlement Funds
o Identity and Civil Status Documents
o Children’s information(if applicable) such as: - Birth certificates (which name their parents) - Adoption papers issued by recognized national authorities showing the legal, approved adoption of adopted dependent children, - Proof of full custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court.
o Police Certificates and Clearances
o Proof of Fee payment
o Other Documents

Alin po dito ang susundin ko? Sabi kasi dun sa PPR email, yun lamang ang dapat isubmit.

Any advice po? And san ko po ba mahahanap yung forms under FORMS LIST?

Thanks po in advance!

Hi. Sundin mo yung sa email.. dun sa vfs, ang i click mo is yung for ppr na... skip mo na yung sa application pa.. nasa bottom part ang passport submission..

Reactions: Xiaociaoshaw_02

niafots

Sep 25, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Hi po. I will also wait for your update.. tia
Ay, hello po.. okay na po.. nag email na po 'yung scotiabank, andito na rin po ako sa Canada. Successful naman po 'yung process ng pag open ko ng account. :)

erwun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a BS Comp Eng'g Grad the Philippines (5-year program) and got my Canadian equivalency of a 4-year program from WES. I didn't answer your IQAS question but in my opinion, there's a possibility that WES may equate your 4-year program to a 3-year Canadian equivalent depending on the courses on your curriculum and how they map together.
Thank you for the advice. I have tried the free assessment tool of WES and the result is 2 years (completion of secondary school eduaction...) for BS Information System Management. I was hoping to get a 3 years Bachelor's degree equivalency. The point difference is substantial kasi in CRS.

I still pray and hope for others with IQAS experience to chip in their thoughts.

erwun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a BS Comp Eng'g Grad the Philippines (5-year program) and got my Canadian equivalency of a 4-year program from WES. I didn't answer your IQAS question but in my opinion, there's a possibility that WES may equate your 4-year program to a 3-year Canadian equivalent depending on the courses on your curriculum and how they map together.
Thanks for the input canada_soft. I might take the risk and go with IQAS and hope for a 3 year bachelor's equivalency. Let's see. I will provide update in this forum.

erwun

Oct 30, 2017
Yung akin 4-yr bachelor's degree in IT then canadian equivalency is 3yr bachelors degree. I did it with WES. Check mo din processing times ng kukuhanan mo kasi ako nun sa ICAS ata ako nagtry tapos 20 weeks pala. Eh yung WES mabilis lang. Nirefund ko nalang yung binayad ko sa ICAS when i cancelled my order.
Maraming salamat sa advice. Will take that into consideration.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Yes, I think the school factor plays a major role in the assessment of WES.
As mentioned above, for the educ assessment, it's not really the school per se, but the curriculum of your course. This is why the transcripts are sent over to them.
My PH 4-year BA was given a Canadian equivalency of a 4-yr bachelor's degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: canada_soft

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi everyone!

Calling all new migrants landed in Canada, actually kahit yung mga PR na dumating sa Canada since 2014 na hindi pa nakukuha 'yung mga welcome pack nila.

May welcome gift sa'tin si Canada kailangan lang natin kuhanin ('di ko pa nakukuha 'yung akin.. lol).. Just see the link below to register and get yours.

http://share.welcomepackcanada.com/ref/10168868

Cheers!
FYI, this is not from the gov't, but more of a commercial marketing. :)

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/insight/canadian-brands-target-immigrants-welcome-pack-153735038.html

Be extra careful giving out your personal info (email, address, phone), identity theft and spamming (physical or online mail) is an actual threat in 1st world countries, Canada included.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I hope somebody can help me here.

we are planning to migrate as a family with 2 kids 3 and 2months old

got my ielts score on R:6 W:7 S:8.5 L:7.5
got a 2 year diploma in computer science

what are the chances po kami sa canada? although i have experiecen in computers network for 10yrs

anyone can advise on whats the best path for us?

my wife is working as a Human resource but she graduated a BS COMPE (5yrs) with 10 yrs experience also.
Hi if ur score only reach 390 no chance?
Generally, recheck which one of you or your spouse has a higher standalone CRS score, then that one should be the primary applicant. There's actually no preference if it's the husband or wife.

Having a consistent work experience in a single field is the best scenario. However, if you've switched careers along the way, then find/choose the NOC category wherein you (or your spouse) have the most number of years in experience.

Also, note that EE application requires proof of funds (in your case, value for a family of 4) which you have to bring to Canada, so good to plan that out as early as you can, especially the EE processing is quite fast.

Good luck! :)

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number, I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

erwun

Oct 30, 2017
As mentioned above, for the educ assessment, it's not really the school per se, but the curriculum of your course. This is why the transcripts are sent over to them.
Ok. Will take that into consideration. Thanks!

erwun

Oct 30, 2017
From what school is this, arthurmr? Thanks!

rl03

Oct 31, 2017
Generally, recheck which one of you or your spouse has a higher standalone CRS score, then that one should be the primary applicant. There's actually no preference if it's the husband or wife.

Having a consistent work experience in a single field is the best scenario. However, if you've switched careers along the way, then find/choose the NOC category wherein you (or your spouse) have the most number of years in experience.

Also, note that EE application requires proof of funds (in your case, value for a family of 4) which you have to bring to Canada, so good to plan that out as early as you can, especially the EE processing is quite fast.

Good luck! :)

thanks for the reply my dear.

yes my wife has better chances since her degree is a 5 Yr course, and her age also has an advantage.

if i were to based if she can get the ielts all 7 , her CRS ranking will be on th 403 pts.

do you think 403 pts has enough change to be invited?