+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Kjacques

Oct 23, 2017
A point for consideration:
  • Not sure if someone saw this - but at least in the old guide, it said not to leave any sections which are not applicable empty. Instead one should put N/A in them.
I made a pass through my application where I did just that for sections which did not apply. Thought I'd mention for other's sake.

As for the question above, I am not sure if they want documents staped - although it doesnt say that they should be unstapled either. So I just attached the documents with paper clips. That was the instruction for the PR renewal too.
Is this applicable, say question 14, "if there's gap between your passports, please explain" in table B where you already answer yes and fill out Table A? do you need to put down N/A in table B?

Thank you.

Kjacques

Oct 23, 2017
I used my home address for question 11 that corresponds to work information :( and my spouse name in the contact as a mean to confirm that I'm physically there during my work period. I'm so worried that my app will be returned due to this. any ideas?
Regarding to the gap. I put e.g, 2013-10 ended my first job and 2013-11 started my next job. Would this be sufficient and appropriate? it does not show the date when printed the form.
Thank you in advance

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi,
I have one Q
In my application I have 2 adult and 1 minor application ,
as per website for minors different address and Adult we need to send application at different address,

1)
Case Processing Centre – Sydney
Grant - Minors
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
2)
Case Processing Centre-Sydney
GRANTS Adults
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2
What should I do? include all application in one envelop and send to Grants Adult ??

Thanks in advance

Kjacques

Oct 23, 2017
I believe If you have not changed your last name even on the marriage certificate then it should not be an issue as all the names are same. And you can change the last name in future when you declare it officially as per your intentions.
similarly, I married in 2013 and got my PR in 2014. I changed my last name on my driver license shortly after marriage in 2013 so technically, I haven't changed my name since becoming the PR. Though, I read that ,e,g in BC if you want to change your name on anything related to immigration, you will need to go through legal name change even though it's just for last name. I haven't done anything of that so my passport, PR docs still have my maiden name. In this case, is that correct to put "No" in the answer?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The only mistake I realized was that I think listed wrong month for date obtained/effective date for US TD visa date. The TD visa was issued in the listed month, but she entered US a week later and gain TD status, which was the following month (2nd or 3rd day of the month). I am not too concerned about it as it was over 8 years ago. I think CIC is more interested in end date of status, whether it is current or not. .

Last edited:

ManjuCa

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
CC charged 9-1-2013
Nomination.....
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
to local VO 7-03-2013
Med's Request
22-12-2013
Med's Done....
29-12-2014 and again 07-01-2014 "med recieved" 14--1-2014
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2014
well calling CIC right now and i am on hold for an hour and some minutes now....:mad::mad:
hi there, did you get any reply as to question 4b...? I would appreciate an answer too whether to live this one blank or what.

I

Imam Gomaa

Hey friends,
How long does it take to hear from them if everything is Ok with your application?
Or, what is the scenario after receiving your citizenship application by their office, in case everything is Ok?

I

Imam Gomaa

If your ap
Hi,
I have one Q
In my application I have 2 adult and 1 minor application ,
as per website for minors different address and Adult we need to send application at different address,

1)
Case Processing Centre – Sydney
Grant - Minors
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
2)
Case Processing Centre-Sydney
GRANTS Adults
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2
What should I do? include all application in one envelop and send to Grants Adult ??

Thanks in advance
If your application is complete, it is better to send all in one envelope as they will process the applications together.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey friends,
How long does it take to hear from them if everything is Ok with your application?
Or, what is the scenario after receiving your citizenship application by their office, in case everything is Ok?
30-35 day average presently to get AOR.

Keep checking the spreadsheet link in my signature for timelines.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey friends,
30-35 day average presently to get AOR.

Keep checking the spreadsheet link in my signature for timelines.
How to add my name to the tracker?
Provide your timeline in the thread below, someone will add it.

Example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-47

Name: Blah
App. Type: Single or Family (2)
Physical presence days: 1200
App sent: Oct 13, 2017
App. Delivered: Oct 16, 2017
Note: After 3/5 rules

anil13

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
03-02-2014
Hello All,

I just realized that I did not write my full name on the back photos! Instructions clearly say that one has to write there name on back photos but somehow I forgot to write it.

I have written my name on the envelope though.

I have gone through this thread and I haven’t made any other mistakes other than this (name on the back of photo)- do you guys think IRCC will return my application based on this.

Thanks,

Anil

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hello All,

I just realized that I did not write my full name on the back photos! Instructions clearly say that one has to write there name on back photos but somehow I forgot to write it.

I have written my name on the envelope though.

I have gone through this thread and I haven’t made any other mistakes other than this (name on the back of photo)- do you guys think IRCC will return my application based on this.

Thanks,

Anil
Are you the only applicant? I've read cases where the application is processed even when they didn't write the name.

Most probably if everything else is completed they won't return the application because of that. At this point is on the hands of the Officer. If you get AOR then you should be fine and hopefully it will be soon as there are people from Oct post C-6 getting AOR.