+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

amcari

Apr 1, 2010
hi there guy's just a simple opinion or better understanding pls...

You may not be eligible for citizenship if you:

* have been ordered to leave canada..

what is your better understanding with this pls???
thanks in advance...
dpenabill said:
Item 16 is one of those which is problematic.

The situations referenced cover many things over various periods of time, including some referring to any time ever. However, the eligibility period itself is NOT relevant to any of them (although one applicable period of time incidentally corresponds to the same period of time as the eligibility period -- referring to whether or not the applicant had been prohibited from being granted citizenship due to misrepresentation within the five years prior to applying, which of course is the same as the eligibility period, but this derives from a separate prohibition provision unrelated to the eligibility period).

Thus, the applicant needs to carefully review all the listed situations, including their respective references to applicable time periods (at least one refers to the previous ten years for example; many refer to the four years preceding the day the application is made, at least one refers to any time since the applicant became a PR), and discern if any apply. If yes, then check the appropriate box and add a supplemental page giving details about that situation. If, for example, one had been issued a Removal Order for a breach of the PR RO several years ago, but the IAD determined there were sufficient H&C reasons to allow the PR to keep status, check yes that one or more of the situations applies and add a supplement page giving details about that event. Despite the (erroneous) implication the form gives, that if any of the listed situations applies that means the applicant is not eligible, the favourably resolved Removal Order is among a number of scenarios in which the applicant should answer yes and give details without any worry that it will be a problem.

amcari

Apr 1, 2010
That is my understanding.
dpenabill said:
Item 16 is one of those which is problematic.

The situations referenced cover many things over various periods of time, including some referring to any time ever. However, the eligibility period itself is NOT relevant to any of them (although one applicable period of time incidentally corresponds to the same period of time as the eligibility period -- referring to whether or not the applicant had been prohibited from being granted citizenship due to misrepresentation within the five years prior to applying, which of course is the same as the eligibility period, but this derives from a separate prohibition provision unrelated to the eligibility period).

Thus, the applicant needs to carefully review all the listed situations, including their respective references to applicable time periods (at least one refers to the previous ten years for example; many refer to the four years preceding the day the application is made, at least one refers to any time since the applicant became a PR), and discern if any apply. If yes, then check the appropriate box and add a supplemental page giving details about that situation. If, for example, one had been issued a Removal Order for a breach of the PR RO several years ago, but the IAD determined there were sufficient H&C reasons to allow the PR to keep status, check yes that one or more of the situations applies and add a supplement page giving details about that event. Despite the (erroneous) implication the form gives, that if any of the listed situations applies that means the applicant is not eligible, the favourably resolved Removal Order is among a number of scenarios in which the applicant should answer yes and give details without any worry that it will be a problem.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Clarification: I referred to explaining the details on a separate page. There is actually a space in the form, for entering item 16 details, but it does not open until the box is checked to indicate one or more of the listed circumstances apply.

So, it is best to complete the form electronically before printing, as much as possible anyway. Otherwise, there is no space for giving details in response to item 16.

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hi guys, assuming this thread is still active and senior who have submitted their application could guide me.

I am planning to apply for citizenship in Oct 2018. I have question Regarding Question # 6: List all the names you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, previously married names,, nicknames?

In my case, I never used any other names so I guess I have to fill first row (last name and first name) and from dropbox select name at birth, is that Correct?

In my wife's case, before marriage, her last name was her father's family name. But, after marriage her last name was changed to my first name and since then it has been used every where on all immigration documents and passport because we applied for immigration after marriage. However, I just realized while looking back in my immigration document for dependent applicant (my wife), there was a question in the form for dependent applicant, if you have used any other name, nick name, maiden name, alias, if Yes, mention below, if NO, then leave it. We selected NO and didn't write anything.

Now, when I am filing citizenship application, what should I do in this case, do I need to fill second row for her with the details of her previous name and select maiden name from the drop box? For the row-1, I will write her name as of current legal name. My question is name before marriage. Please let me know.