+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
no worries you did the right thing.
if you havnt got AOR yet you cant check your app online.

if you already have AOR try same number with 0000-0000 format, or landing document number. Also surename can be tricky. When i was checking PR status back in the day i hade to enter 0000-0000 UCI# and put middle & surename in all small letters which took me hours to figure out until i got into it.

also try receipt number excluding alphabets.

again you wont be able to check online status until you get AOR which will which contains also instructions of how to check back in the day they didnt have instructions.
I did not get AOR yet but was just curious to check the link When I applied for my PR I never checked anything online I didnt even know what I could do that
Thank you for the tips :)

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
Hi,
Im new in this forum.I applied on oct 12th and delivered on oct 13 from toronto.
Total presence 1405 days

I made a mistake in calulating my physical presence. I completely forgot to add one of my vacation trip for 28 days. So my physical presence should be 1382 days.

What should i do now?

Please advise
:-(

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Anyone got their apps returned? Or heard from cic yet?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hi,

In section 11 i put the same email for my employer and my school (my school one for both) could it cause me trouble ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Are they the same? If no i doubt itll raise eyebrows too
They are not the same but i put the same email adress ...

singh7k

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
edmonton
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
31 may 2013
Doc's Request.
31 jan relation proof/15 March pcc/17 march rprf
AOR Received.
18 july2013
IELTS Request
submitted with file
Med's Request
01 feb2014
Med's Done....
05 feb2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 april2014 17 july 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 April2014 18 july2014
LANDED..........
25 July2014
I made a mistake on question 13. Have you ever had immigration status or citizenship status other than Canada, including your birth of country? what I understood immigration mean permanent residence here and just for eligible period only. so I filled Indian citizen and since birth till date, but today I was helping my friend in fill his forum , than realised that even work permit and other status required too. as I been to UK as a WHM visa and Tier 4 visa for 4 year before 2011. I even received file number. please suggest how can I correct this error. should I fill new forum and email ? any suggestion pls.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I made a mistake on question 13. Have you ever had immigration status or citizenship status other than Canada, including your birth of country? what I understood immigration mean permanent residence here and just for eligible period only. so I filled Indian citizen and since birth till date, but today I was helping my friend in fill his forum , than realised that even work permit and other status required too. as I been to UK as a WHM visa and Tier 4 visa for 4 year before 2011. I even received file number. please suggest how can I correct this error. should I fill new forum and email ? any suggestion pls.
replied to you post on the other thread.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
I receivedmy AOR on 31st even though I had a mistake in the application.

In Address history , I put from and to date for an address as October 2012 till August 2012.

I should have put it as October 2012 till August 2013.

It was a typo and I was expecting them to return the application.

Correct dates:
Sep 2013 to Oct 2017 - address 1

Oct 2012 to Aug 2013 - address 2

What I put in the application:
Sep 2013 to Oct 2017 - address 1

Oct 2012 to Aug 2012 - address 2

Clearly 2nd address dates are not possible (from is greater than to date). However, I got the AOR. After getting AOR, I sent a request through Webform to correct the date to August 2013. I hope they fix it and continue processing the application.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, did you guys put home address for the period of time when you were unemployed in the work/education history section of the form?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

How long has it been since you applied

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
I think I need some help; I lived outside Canada during my eligibility and I mentioned that in the residency calculator. However, in Question 9c, I answered "No" thinking that the question is about crown servants and that rare situation doesn't apply to me anyway.

What do you think would be the solution for that? Note that I've already submitted my application.
Qs 9c is ambiguous. Hopefully, IRCC will be lenient about it. Did you attach a cover letter explaining the situation ?[/QUOTE

Should the ans be yes then with a cover letter? I have the same question regarding 9c.i have travelled a lot during my eligibility period which I mentioned in physical presence calculator. Although I have way more than the required presence. But one of my trip to my home country was for 5 and a half months, another one for two months,rest of the trips were only for few days each. Does this mean I lived outside Canada during my eligibility period? Should I answer question 9c yes? But I don't meet requirements to fill up the form that they ask for. Should I mention this in my address history as well? Pleas

amcari

Apr 1, 2010
Item 16 is one of those which is problematic.

The situations referenced cover many things over various periods of time, including some referring to any time ever. However, the eligibility period itself is NOT relevant to any of them (although one applicable period of time incidentally corresponds to the same period of time as the eligibility period -- referring to whether or not the applicant had been prohibited from being granted citizenship due to misrepresentation within the five years prior to applying, which of course is the same as the eligibility period, but this derives from a separate prohibition provision unrelated to the eligibility period).

Thus, the applicant needs to carefully review all the listed situations, including their respective references to applicable time periods (at least one refers to the previous ten years for example; many refer to the four years preceding the day the application is made, at least one refers to any time since the applicant became a PR), and discern if any apply. If yes, then check the appropriate box and add a supplemental page giving details about that situation. If, for example, one had been issued a Removal Order for a breach of the PR RO several years ago, but the IAD determined there were sufficient H&C reasons to allow the PR to keep status, check yes that one or more of the situations applies and add a supplement page giving details about that event. Despite the (erroneous) implication the form gives, that if any of the listed situations applies that means the applicant is not eligible, the favourably resolved Removal Order is among a number of scenarios in which the applicant should answer yes and give details without any worry that it will be a problem.
Thank you very much.